By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Xbox Live is blatantly better than PSN

Imaginedvl said: 

Turkish, I just do not understand why you are arguing so much and trying to "convince" other people that do not think like you about PSN/Xbox Live.
You are at the edge of insulting people who pay for Xbox Live. I do prefer Xbox Live and I'm not going to argue with you about his advantages (my personal opinion) because this thread would take forever (as it does with DirtyP2002).

I do respect the fact that you do not want to pay for something or the fact that you prefer Sony over Microsoft, or PSN over Xbox Live for your own reasons.

But please, for god sake, stop insulting people with comment like that:

You have to pay for those apps, they're supposed to be free. If you think you get a special service paying for youtube and that it is somewhat better than on other platforms, then more power to you.

I guess you need something to justify paying for the service.

He does need to justify anything; he is just trying to explain you why “he” prefers Xbox Live and why “he” is okay to pay for it; like many other people. Also nobody said that the Youtube app is superior because we are paying for Xbox Live; you are saying that.

Everyone can list the reasons why they prefer Xbox Live or PSN. And you know what; it is not because you are not agreeing or because you do not care about the reasons people are paying for Xbox Live that they are not valid reasons.

I think you missed where that one guy started all of this by presenting "XBLA > every online-game-service on the market" as a fact, despite being told many times that "best" is a relative thing.

For example, when he asserted that LIVE having "more and better apps" was one of the reasons why it's worth the cost.  My desktop computer is ten steps away from my bed and my laptop is always hooked up to my television.  A gaming console having apps is one of the most meaningless things in the world to me.  That guy is never going to get that value is a relative thing.  If you're going to call out anyone for preaching that one service is absolutely superior, shouldn't he be one of your primary targets?

Around the Network
Ji99saw said:
naruball said:
Ji99saw said:
naruball said:
Argh_College said:

Over 40M members cant be wrong.

Xbox Live is the best online service on earth and nothing will ever top it.

Steam is Great and PSN is really weak but hey its Free.

Live is on another League, a league of its own, its simple and effective, Psn is messy and buggy.

Psn is so slow when i hit the guide button then messages are a pain in the ass, seeing friends is strange, on Live is so easy and simples and thats why Live is the best. Also has much more and better features than all the others.

But this article is funny haha this guy has to be the master troll.

I'm sorry, but I find this argument extremely weak. Following this logic:

Millions of Bieber fans can't be wrong: dude's an amazing singer

Millions of Twilight fans can't be wrong. Twilight is an incredible movie

Millions of people who Jersey Shore can't be wrong. It's a show well worth one's time.

Numbers mean nothing when it comes to quality (most of the time). At any rate, i think everyone agrees that live is a great service.

Do you own a ps3/psp/vita and have been using psn or psn+ for a long time? I haven't tried live, but I've heard some great things about it.

So since you don't like those things it means they lack quility?

No, if I've stated before that just because I don't like something, it doesn't mean it's bad.

I don't like Halo, Killzone, Fifa, Gt5, but I think they're brilliant games. Sure, I'll probably never play them, but they are quality games (despite some of their flaws). Same with the Beatles, or Mariah Carey (she has an unmatched vocal range, but I don't care for her songs).

The examples I mentioned are about an artist who's success is disproportionate to his talent, a movie that has received terrible reviews and is hated by the critics and the general public (apart from its fans) and Jersey Shore which has also received plenty of bad reviews and the general concensus is that it is a terrible, trashy show. One thing they all have/had in common: hype.

So please tell me where I suggested (implicitly or not) that they're bad just because I think they are, especially since I said that live is great based on the exprience from its users and not my own.

How are you the judge of talent= to success ratio (that's just moronic), A movie hated by the general public will I guess you can tell that to the millions of people who watch it every year, and as far as jersey shore is concerned trashy or not it's still popular.  I'm just wondering how you became the ultimate judge over quality as you said "numbers mean nothing when it comes to quality" implying that they're bad because you don't like them (very simple). None of things you mention lack quality just because you say they do, and all are adored by their perspective audience.

Right. You're totally right. Thanks for taking the higher ground and calling my argument moronic. I'm done here.

Also @bolded. Popular = quality.  I rest my case

Slimebeast said:

Was it really Jim Sterling who wrote that article? Isn't he supposed to be a quality gaming journalist?

So cheap with all that foul language and grotesque metaphors. Such a primitive and juvenile attempt at sarcasm.

SEN-SA-TIVE.

It rooled thnx?  If u canut handle teh humors perhaps u shuld not read de humorz.  kthnx. 

pokoko said:
Imaginedvl said: 

Turkish, I just do not understand why you are arguing so much and trying to "convince" other people that do not think like you about PSN/Xbox Live.
You are at the edge of insulting people who pay for Xbox Live. I do prefer Xbox Live and I'm not going to argue with you about his advantages (my personal opinion) because this thread would take forever (as it does with DirtyP2002). 

I do respect the fact that you do not want to pay for something or the fact that you prefer Sony over Microsoft, or PSN over Xbox Live for your own reasons.

But please, for god sake, stop insulting people with comment like that:

You have to pay for those apps, they're supposed to be free. If you think you get a special service paying for youtube and that it is somewhat better than on other platforms, then more power to you.

I guess you need something to justify paying for the service.

He does need to justify anything; he is just trying to explain you why “he” prefers Xbox Live and why “he” is okay to pay for it; like many other people. Also nobody said that the Youtube app is superior because we are paying for Xbox Live; you are saying that.

Everyone can list the reasons why they prefer Xbox Live or PSN. And you know what; it is not because you are not agreeing or because you do not care about the reasons people are paying for Xbox Live that they are not valid reasons.

I think you missed where that one guy started all of this by presenting "XBLA > every online-game-service on the market" as a fact, despite being told many times that "best" is a relative thing.

For example, when he asserted that LIVE having "more and better apps" was one of the reasons why it's worth the cost.  My desktop computer is ten steps away from my bed and my laptop is always hooked up to my television.  A gaming console having apps is one of the most meaningless things in the world to me.  That guy is never going to get that value is a relative thing.  If you're going to call out anyone for preaching that one service is absolutely superior, shouldn't he be one of your primary targets?

Yes, tell that to netflix that rocks about 2 kajillion xbox owners on any tv in their house.  Didn't computer purist thinking go out with y2k?

What's amazing is that the Xbox 360 consumers are not up in arms over the disparity of XBL being a pay service when other platforms do so for free. The apps and services have nothing to do with the subscription fee and restricting access to them should be seen as a travesty by the gaming community. I know Microsoft profiting on the service is good for gamers continuing to use their systems in the future, but wouldn't it be better if they got those profits from selling games instead of almost receiving it for nothing?

It seems the advatage they've artificially created between having a XBL subscription or not is so great that not purchasing more XBL would be almost not an option. Buying a second console is expensive and abandoning their freinds list and achievements is difficult for many. They are very much trapped in the system. Next gen XBL for 360 will have to go free or see a mass exodus and the system will die quickly. It is hard to say whether the nextbox will have anything worth restricting their features to a pay service compaired to the competition. Microsoft will either come up with something awesome or have to make certain things free next gen.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I don't know why people find this article funny. Its really just the same crap Sony fans have said for years and years.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
naruball said:
Argh_College said:

Over 40M members cant be wrong.

Xbox Live is the best online service on earth and nothing will ever top it.

Steam is Great and PSN is really weak but hey its Free.

Live is on another League, a league of its own, its simple and effective, Psn is messy and buggy.

Psn is so slow when i hit the guide button then messages are a pain in the ass, seeing friends is strange, on Live is so easy and simples and thats why Live is the best. Also has much more and better features than all the others.

But this article is funny haha this guy has to be the master troll.

I'm sorry, but I find this argument extremely weak. Following this logic:

Millions of Bieber fans can't be wrong: dude's an amazing singer

Millions of Twilight fans can't be wrong. Twilight is an incredible movie

Millions of people who Jersey Shore can't be wrong. It's a show well worth one's time.

Numbers mean nothing when it comes to quality (most of the time). At any rate, i think everyone agrees that live is a great service.

Do you own a ps3/psp/vita and have been using psn or psn+ for a long time? I haven't tried live, but I've heard some great things about it.

I have live and PSN. The difference is pretty much non-existance (basically they have different interfaces/display of the content). Live fans just like to have their money taken from them. Wish they would give it to me instead.

KylieDog said:

Only Xbox Live SIlver should be compared to PSN. XBL Gold should be compared to PS Plus.

Free service vs free service. Premium service vs premium service.

OP isn't funny.

I wouldn't even compare them at all. If the 360 has exclusive content you really enjoy, it makes sense to pay for Live.

As long as the 360 has content not found on PS3, you can't say their services are the same.

I mean c'mon people, you're complaining about something that doesn't even cost 20 cents a day.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I love the article and the responses are just great. I'll be using this thread as a guide to see which users are worthy of an argument with. Sorry but if you posted with a defense for Sony or a similar silly answer you're not worth my time.

Mr Puggsly said:
KylieDog said:

Only Xbox Live SIlver should be compared to PSN. XBL Gold should be compared to PS Plus.

Free service vs free service. Premium service vs premium service.

OP isn't funny.

I wouldn't even compare that at all. If the 360 has exclusive content you really enjoy, it makes sense to pay for Live.

I mean c'mon people, you're complaining about something that doesn't even cost 20 cents a day.

The funny part about all the rah rah elitiest PSX fanboi's all up in arms is you know they WISH they had that kind of service.  I have both, have had both SINCE THE BEGINNING...have lived through many many many lagfests when the big games debut but i'd happily pay 60 to ms for the rest of my life for all the stuff sony couldn't provide without charging AT LEAST 60 if not more.  The ultimate reason why MS is so far ahead of Sony at least as far as online service...I don't think the Sony mindset gets it when it comes to providing online services.  Maybe its racist but I don't think the people in Japan understand why all the gaijin's pay 60 scrilla a year to the great Borg entitiy called Microsoft.  They certainly didn't get it with DS vs PSP and it sure looks like they screwed the pooch on 3DS vs Vita too.  Ever play lemmings?  They like follow each other even when you lead them over a high cliff.

Lastly, why are the people who complain the most about XBL either a> not subscribers b> have PSX emblems all over their profiles and/or major contributors to mostly pro PSX threads.  Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Psyberius said:

Maybe its racist but I don't think the people in Japan understand why all the gaijin's pay 60 scrilla a year to the great Borg entitiy called Microsoft.

The Japanese definitely don't seem to care about online gaming like the west. Whether its free or not.

They just want more JRPGs and NIntendo games. Most importantly, they need hand held console to play them on.

Recently Completed