By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku: The Last Story is one of the best RPGs in years

Tagged games:

One of best RPG in years? I don't think so, it's a good RPG nothing special, the combat is fun (altough it has serious frame rate issues) but the story is predictable as hell.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network

Will give the game a shot and see which reviewers were correct.

Xenoblade was pure greatness and this could be as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I read this before I saw the Destructoid piece and was considering playing it when I get the WiiU, but then I read the Destructoid piece and remembered I kind of hate Kotaku sometimes...

lilbroex said:

No, that will be Rodea the Sky Soldier whenever it is released. There is alo still the Fatal Frame 2 Wii edtion.

I wouldn't keep my hopes high for Rodea. At this point I'm willing to bet it won't see a release on Wii, at best it'll be offered digitally on Wii U's eshop. Even then a western release isn't certain.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

spurgeonryan said:
mysticwolf said:
Here comes you trying to convince me to buy Last Story instead of Xenoblade. My people tell me that Xenoblade is better. I will not succumb to such witchcraft!

PS this truly is the Wii's Last Story.

In America we still have a ways to go. Pandora hopefully, then Kirby, DQX, Mickey Mouse, etc.

I hate to say it, but I suspect the only bnig game left for the Wii in the US is Epic Mickey 2. I just can't see Pandora, Project Zero 2, DQX, (The Wii version) or Rodea making it Stateside at this point; it's getting pretty late in the game, and no word yet.

Around the Network

Those screenshots are beautiful! Kotaku still exits? Word!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Didn't this come out everywhere else ages ago? Even Europe...

Sounds like a really good game, now I just hope Mistwalker go make a game on any platform I own

Munkeh111 said:
Didn't this come out everywhere else ages ago? Even Europe...

Sounds like a really good game, now I just hope Mistwalker go make a game on any platform I own

Sakaguchi won't work on PlayStation systems.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lilbroex said:
PullusPardus said:
lilbroex said:

Its rare to see good news about something relating to Nintendo coming from Kotaku. There are generally Nintendo haters.

Kotaku is not a site, its  a blog, and quite frankly i don't see any "Nintendo haters" in it, the writers there always try to look at games more positively, except the ones under "Anger managment" sub thread.

Kotaku is not a site? And it a blog? A blog with mulitple journalists?

If you don't see them as Nintendo haters then you happened been looking. Just click the Wii or Wii U tag and see how much good vs bad news they cover.

Actually I visit Kotaku almost daily.

I think you're being a bit paranoid there bud.

here's what shows when you click on the Wii-U tag.

PullusPardus said:
lilbroex said:
PullusPardus said:
lilbroex said:

Its rare to see good news about something relating to Nintendo coming from Kotaku. There are generally Nintendo haters.

Kotaku is not a site, its  a blog, and quite frankly i don't see any "Nintendo haters" in it, the writers there always try to look at games more positively, except the ones under "Anger managment" sub thread.

Kotaku is not a site? And it a blog? A blog with mulitple journalists?

If you don't see them as Nintendo haters then you happened been looking. Just click the Wii or Wii U tag and see how much good vs bad news they cover.

Actually I visit Kotaku almost daily.

I think you're being a bit paranoid there bud.

here's what shows when you click on the Wii-U tag.

Paranoid? I'm just calling it like I see it. What does that have to do with paranoia. I actually clicked on there Wii U tabs. The majority of the news they reported wasn't good and even news that was neutral or could kind of be listed as good would have a negative spin put on it in some way.