By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 25 Most Awkward Video Game Hardware Fails Of All Time

This is just a sad attempt at hits.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

How did my N-Gage find its way to the OP?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Psyberius said:

90million sales?  What are YOU smoking?  You're thinking they're going to sell 30 million more?  ROFLCAKES.

It is currently at 65 million and selling at a rate of 12mil a year, that's going to rapidly drop off when the PS4 releases, but that's a year and a half away at least. It'll reach 90mil.

What is this list referring to? Hardware failures, console launch failures or console lifecycle failures? It doesn't make sense, especially considering the PS3 and the Dreamcast are complete opposites.

@ Zero

Just PS3, Saturn and Dreamcast for me. All three are some of my favourite consoles of all time though.

I don't think PS3 should be number 1, sure it made Sony lose all the money they earned during the PS1 and PS2 era but at least it's still alive. Then again Sony is a multi-billion dollar company so they had the resources to keep it alive, if it was anyone else it would have been toast. I still don't think it should be number 1, maybe in the top 10.

Damn, I even fail at failing, just have 4 - 2 x C64 (computer not console), MegaCD and NGage.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

The list is in reverse order. #1 is actually #25. Which PS3 is the least fail, CDi the most.

Why do I know this? Because most of the top 10 are nowhere near as failing as the bottom 10.
(OP, maybe this could be reversed?)
Also, I can see why the PS3 made the list, and I agree with the rest of it, though I personally would've put something else on there, like the Atari 5200, or NeoGeo. The PS3 would basically be one of the others, if it wasn't for Sony to pull some rabbits out of hats. They dodged a big bullet, and the fact that it's more than relevant today is actually a compliment to their competence.

I can say "fail at failing". Of all the things I have, I appear to nearly always have chosen wisely.
I own three of the above, or have owned three as I don't have the 32X anymore. Gonna eBay it back sometime (not that it's great, but just because), my MegaDrive gets lonely.
I have (had):
PS3
Dreamcast
32X

S.Peelman said:

Also, I can see why the PS3 made the list...

Help me understand 'cause I honestly cannot. No tech problems and  is "Launch fail " a new kind of fail because that is all the justification the "journalist" provides.

If anything managing to turn around such a slow start is definitely a won battle for Sony.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Flanneryaug said:

How is the Xbox 360 not on this list? Even if they made money off the console, the RROD cost them tons of money.

Manage to keep sales high, profitable, costumers happy and Xbox Live growing despite the RROD fiasco.

RROD in it self IS a fail. But you forgot the whole picture.

Yeah, but you see , the whole picture kinda stays black with a "no signal" sign dancing around when your system fries.

lets get this straight...regular commodore 64...ie non semi console one was a friggin MONSTER fun machine to game on...we had to MAIL...aka snailmail games between friends or physically hand them to each other...then cracking came...then we all learned how to double side a 5 1/4 360k....omfg i feel old but damn those were good times...DAYS spent in front of a tv or pos comm monitor.

I was obsessed with the 64DD, and it just never came out. I feel like I'm still waiting for a proper release. Tear.

Signalstar said:
And people still have the nerve to say PS fans are the worst...

Why was this brought up?