By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 25 Most Awkward Video Game Hardware Fails Of All Time

Virtual Boy was the WORST.. Getting a Migraine from playing it was putting it nicely .I think people got tumours from its display.

Around the Network

Good thing that website doesn't have the user base or the comments section required to make that article completely blow up in his face.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Flanneryaug said:

How is the Xbox 360 not on this list? Even if they made money off the console, the RROD cost them tons of money.

Manage to keep sales high, profitable, costumers happy and Xbox Live growing despite the RROD fiasco. 

RROD in it self IS a fail. But you forgot the whole picture. 

Who ever made the list forgot the whole picture of the ps3 being the best selling console at the moment.
Xbox 1 should be up there too, didn't MS lose almost 4 billion on that console?

Anyway I would love to get my hands on a Vectrex some day. I played on one about 10 years back, pretty awesome machine.

The xbox was a huge monster! it was like as big as a briefcase.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Wait a minute if the authors main complaint about the PS3 is the high launch price then why isn't the Neo Geo on the list.

Around the Network
halil23 said:
kowenicki said:
Flanneryaug said:

How is the Xbox 360 not on this list? Even if they made money off the console, the RROD cost them tons of money.

The 360 didn't cost ms anywhere near as much as the 1st xbox.

But I don't think the PS3 should be on the list... or if it has to be there then a token entry at no.25. No.1 is bollocks.

Fixed!

OT : Have xbox replace PS3 and you're good to go. And I'm pretty sure the list is in descending order.

Im suprised you didnt something worse against the 360. 

Yay!!!

If the list is in descending order then I would have put Virtual Boy as the biggest fail ahead of Phillips CD-I and Gizmondo its the only system that is hazardous to your health and gives you migraine headaches from playing it. I'm pretty sure it isn't good for your eyesight either.

The reason the PS3 shouldn't be on this list is because it is for HW Failures, not Launch Failures. The PS3 has been selling at a profit for at least a year or two now, and has a good shot at reaching 90+ million in sales. That's hardly a failure.

mysticwolf said:
The xbox was a huge monster! it was like as big as a briefcase.

NONO.,..xbox ROCKED.  The frigging motherboard had like 12 pin landing spot for a mod chip that a dislexic near sighted chimp could have soldered....I still swear to this day that Microsoft engineered that thing specifically so it was easily modable and would get bought up quicker.  

No motherboard designer worth more than $2 would build anything that hackable.

thismeintiel said:

The reason the PS3 shouldn't be on this list is because it is for HW Failures, not Launch Failures. The PS3 has been selling at a profit for at least a year or two now, and has a good shot at reaching 90+ million in sales. That's hardly a failure.

90million sales?  What are YOU smoking?  You're thinking they're going to sell 30 million more?  ROFLCAKES.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that #25 is the worst - this is a really good list

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~