By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 hype thread - CDProjekt RED sci-fi RPG - Based on the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG - mix of both first and third person : October 13

OP updated with the new stuff! Be sure to check out the site especial the dev blog for some more info http://www.cyberpunk.net/blog/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed.

So we know the final title, the year when the game takes place and that it will be open world. Oh, and 1 new piece of art work.

The art work is welcome, althought it doesn't reveal anything about the game besides the fact that there will be cyborgs/robots (how unexpected in a game se t in the future!), the title is nothing surprising and the fact that it will be open world like the Witcher games is something that we all already gave for granted.

And about the use of guns and implants.. well, did anyone find that surprising?

At least they could have said a launch window (Q4 2013 or something like that) or if we could choose the characterístics of our character (male/female, strenghts and weakness, etc).

I was expecting more.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Bring it to the PS3 this time man! And stop promising!
They said PS3 will get Witcher 1. They said PS3 will get Witcher 2. Nothing happened. Once more and i will boycott this games and won't even play them illegaly on the PC.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

I was hoping their new game would be an Original idea (not based on anything) , but I love this type, and I love their focus on " Mature " , their characters are always mature and human-like unlike other RPGs

Gehirnkrampf said:
Bring it to the PS3 this time man! And stop promising!
They said PS3 will get Witcher 1. They said PS3 will get Witcher 2. Nothing happened. Once more and i will boycott this games and won't even play them illegaly on the PC.

they never promised anything for PS3, in fact they said it was unlikely as they didn't have the man power too do it tho they would like to and that technically the engine could work on PS3. Anything else you heard can be put down to bad reporting.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

I'm a big fan of cyberpunk. So a game actually called Cyberpunk must be a godsend right?

Just saw this 

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/19/cd-projekt-spill-cyberpunk-details-including-title-and-setting/

"WNxWind says:

05:38pm October 19 2012

I'm doing some of the music. (Galexia is band; I offered a promotional song for The Witcher 2 and was declined due to my music being futuristic; thus I score my first Video Game- no more Indie Movie and regular CD's!)

Was a dream of mine to score a video game after becoming an established musician ever since Nine Inch Nails did Quake."

"WNxWind says:

05:40pm October 19 2012

Thank you, I thought the analog synthesizers mixed with modern VST's would suite the game world; expect ambient punchy music with lots of arps, and glitch "bleeps" usually square and sawtooth waves; along with beautiful melodic futuristic symphonies in which use all of the futuristic elements I described along with slight distorted guitar and bass; and LOTS of Mellotron strings and Mellotron Choir to wash away quietly in the back round."

"WNxWind says:

05:45pm October 19 2012

- While Daft Punk is an amazing band and appreciate that you are all excited for a futuristic game with a group that has done futuristic themed music and a soundtrack to a future based movie; but...

I am composing the music; I hope you enjoyed the teaser theme; I thought the analog synthesizers mixed with modern VST's would suite the game world; expect ambient punchy music with lots of arps, and glitch "bleeps" usually square and sawtooth waves; along with beautiful melodic futuristic symphonies in which use all of the futuristic elements I described along with slight distorted guitar and bass; and LOTS of Mellotron strings and Mellotron Choir to wash away quietly in the back round.

I am just glad they did not wan't to go the Dub-Step route due to popularity; we even clarified NO WOBBLE BASS as a major part of the game; we want it to Stand the TEST of TIME not buy into any fads.

Although I believe I can reveal that I am working on 4 of the songs together with some brilliant minds... I believe the only one I can say is.. well I'll just give the hints "Royk" and "Melody AM". also, I'd like to add that MAYBE a member of "D P A U F N T K" will contribute on one of these songs."

Oh and the teaser video 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

“We meant that in terms of open-world, basically,” CD Projekt’s Agnieszka Szostak told RPS. “But we won’t just throw you in the open world and let go of the storytelling. The story and creating the main plot will still be very, very important for us. But the sandbox environment means that actually you won’t be limited to this particular story. You’ll just be able to enjoy the world all around you. Which is really, really challenging, because it’s very difficult to find the proper balance between the very immersive story we try to tell, the world we try to create, and the freedom we want to give gamers.”

“But this is actually something that’s very connected to the whole Cyberpunk universe. If we go 50-plus years from now, you’d want to be able to delve really deeply into some strange and unique places. The challenge for us is to first find a balance and then to create an environment that won’t see you lose the main plot if you decide to leave it for a couple hours.”

“In terms of how difficult they’ll be or what impact they’ll have, I can definitely tell you that we won’t go any lower than The Witcher,” said Szostak. ”We want to go even deeper. We want to make it even more real. In The Witcher, we didn’t have any black and whites. Only gray areas. That’s exactly how life works. And if we’re going to do a game for adult gamers, they can’t feel like, ‘OK, the only decision to make it kill the babies or save the babies.’ It’s way more complex than that.”

“On one hand, 50-ish years ahead seems like quite a long time,” she admitted. “But at the same time, I’m in my 30s. I might not exactly be able to make it to 2077. But still, lots and lots of large corporations are actually planning for that point. So it’s still a future that you can relate to. You can imagine what it might look like while keeping in mind that 20 years ago, there was no Internet. Ten years ago, there were no smart phones. So we can be very creative with how technology evolves. But again, the challenge is to not push it too far. It still needs to be believable.”

“It will have its own unique look,” said Szostak. “It’s not The Witcher. It’s a different setting, so we’re taking a completely different approach in terms of the artistic concept. We’re lucky enough to have a really talented art director. That means we have a really precise vision of the game from the beginning. So it’s not just like, ‘OK, let’s post this random art [online] because it’s cool. We’ll never, ever use it in the game. It’s just a marketing asset.’ That’s totally not us. We really know exactly what we want to achieve and how the game should look.”

“This particular art will have references within the game. We’ll be revealing more assets and art, and eventually renders going further into the development process. But you’ll be able to say you saw this art several years before [the game came out], and it has its place in the game.”

Full article http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/23/cyberpunks-a-sandbox-but-what-does-that-mean/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

stolen shamelessly from GAF (thanks ClassicGamingWizzz for the heads up)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506590

Squeeeee

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I'll definitely pick this up. CD Project is definitely one of my favorite western RPG devs. Bring on The Witcher 3 as well!