By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 hype thread - CDProjekt RED sci-fi RPG - Based on the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG - mix of both first and third person : October 13

If we start taking conclusions from a concept art we'll end disappointed.

Having said that, what i see in that pic is a guy wielding a gun watching a big robot approaching him while there's a bunch of gray dressed people that either don't see the robot or just don't care.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Cyberpunk was mentioned in this interview 

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/09/all-grown-up-cd-projekt-red-and-treating-gamers-as-people/

"VG247: Recently you announced the sci-fi RPG Cyberpunk. Without prying too much, how will your experience with the Witcher series fuel your direction with this game? Are you in contact with Mike Pondsmith in regards to development?

The choice of the game universe was easy. We still wanted to create games designed for the grown-up gamer, and Cyberpunk is the perfect setting which allows us to touch other important themes than those in The Witcher, because of its fantasy setting. What you can expect from Cyberpunk is that it will be as mature as The Witcher and set in a realistic and brutal world.

Mike Pondsmith likes our vision of the game and he cooperates with the Cyberpunk team a lot. Not so long ago, we answered some questions of our Witcher community about the new project. You can find the answers here."

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zero129 said:

I dont think words can explain how hyped i am for this game :D.

Edit**

I dont know why this post originally quoted JEMC

I don't know why, but it's the second time this week that I get the quote/reply warning without knowing why.

Weird.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Gonna keep an eye on this. Hoping we get something this year.

Looks like we should be getting some details on the game soon, including the final name!

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/296

CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

The developers of The Witcher franchise CD Projekt RED studio and the DRM-free, digital distribution platform GOG.com will host a Special Event on the 18th of October at 6:00 p.m. (GMT). The whole event will be streamed online on facebook.com/thewitcher and www.gog.com. During the conference the developer studio will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk®. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.

Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X. Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system. That’s not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price. Remember – the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 6:00 p.m. (GMT). See you then!

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

Very exited about it since I've laid my eyes on that info back in June, specially with Project Red being developers - almost as hyped as for World of Darkness (Bloodlines being one of my favorite RPGs). I do like my yearly dose of fantasy, but glad we're going to start seeing more diversification yet again in WRPG world.

Well, so far we only have 1 piece of concept art. It's not hard to give us more details.

I'm curious to learn something about the combat system.

JEMC said:
Well, so far we only have 1 piece of concept art. It's not hard to give us more details.

I'm curious to learn something about the combat system.

We know it will have multiple classes and character customisation, and a "mature" nonlinear plot as well. lol

But yea can't wait to get more details, the 18th of October is so far away...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I will get Cyberpunk Information for my birthday

So... today they are going to reveal some info. Finally!

Just a little more than 3 hours from now.

I wonder what will they reveal (besides the final name, hopefully).