By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai Speaks: Smash Bros. may have GamePad controls, character roster will be narrowed down

Mr Khan said:
When he says "narrow down" he means specifically third party characters. The headline that the OP quoted is itself slightly erroneous.

Are you sure though. The last sentence of the article states " Sakurai recently stated the number of characters in the upcoming Smash Bros. title will be about the same as that seen in Brawl." but does not give a source.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Kenology said:
babuks said:
Why are they removing characters? Are they planning for DLC selling strategy?

In the coming months, it will be a good debate over Nintendo and Sony's smash.

Not really.  Sony's "Smash" will alway be known as a rip-off, even if it turns out to be good (it should be good, given they're just making cosmetic changes to a winning formula).

But I don't think Sakurai should be taking characters out of Smash.  More characters should be included.  I bet everyone will be unlockable.

EDIT:  N/M

wrong.

I stand by that comment.  It's a rip off with cosmetic changes, accept it!

Like a link to thread about an article by some random Sony fan that I already posted in way before I posted in this one is gonna change that fact, lol! 

Kenology said:
kitler53 said:
Kenology said:
babuks said:
Why are they removing characters? Are they planning for DLC selling strategy?

In the coming months, it will be a good debate over Nintendo and Sony's smash.

Not really.  Sony's "Smash" will alway be known as a rip-off, even if it turns out to be good (it should be good, given they're just making cosmetic changes to a winning formula).

But I don't think Sakurai should be taking characters out of Smash.  More characters should be included.  I bet everyone will be unlockable.

EDIT:  N/M

wrong.

Like a link to thread about an article by some random Sony fan that I already posted in way before I posted in this one is gonna change that fact, lol! 

and you are welcome to your opinion.  but you'll still be wrong.

Khuutra said:
You can excise Lucas if you must, I guess - they'll drop Ike for the hero of the new game but they're never getting rid of Marth.

Ganondorf may not be in, at least not in the form we currently understand as Ganondorf. Even if he is, I expect he will be changed quite a bit, and bear almost no resemblance to Captain Falcon - for many reasons.

They'll probably keep Falco and Fox but Wolf doesn't stand a chance.

So many of the remaining characters are already really unique, though, so it's hard to say more.

I really hope they don't remove wolf.  Wolf is by far my favorite character as well as a few of my friends.  He is also a hit online so I don't think they will remove him.

kitler53 said:
Kenology said:

and you are welcome to your opinion.  but you'll still be wrong.

I'm not reading that, as I'm assuming it's some lame rationalization you've managed to convince yourself of that it isn't a ripoff.  C'mon, dude... lol.  It is what it is.  For the last time, accept it.  And move on.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
When he says "narrow down" he means specifically third party characters. The headline that the OP quoted is itself slightly erroneous.

To be more clear, he actually says that when selecting from more third party characters, he won't choose them lightly and will have a narrowed list to choose from so as to not lose focus on the game.

Everyone, what he's saying is that we're likely to see just a very small handful of new third party characters. He's said absolutely nothing else about the roster size.

The less third parties the better, unless it is called Travis Touchdown of course ;)

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I want Professor Layton! >:(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

wfz said:
Mr Khan said:

To be more clear, he actually says that when selecting from more third party characters, he won't choose them lightly and will have a narrowed list to choose from so as to not lose focus on the game.

Everyone, what he's saying is that we're likely to see just a very small handful of new third party characters. He's said absolutely nothing else about the roster size.

It's more fun to read it out of context, though?

Get rid of Wolf and Falco, or at least change up their movesets. We don't need 3 identical characters.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!