Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai Speaks: Smash Bros. may have GamePad controls, character roster will be narrowed down

When he says "narrow down" he means specifically third party characters. The headline that the OP quoted is itself slightly erroneous.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

They had better keep Sonic in >:( Snake was cool too, I hope they keep him in... And I wish they'd turn Ganondorf into his own character instead of a Capt. Falcon clone :(

I'm not really desiring a whole slew of new/3rd-party characters anyway... Nor can I really think of many that would have enough mainstream gamer appeal... Tails/Knuckles would be awesome if either one could happen... Megaman is also very deserving... Crash and Spyro would be kinda cool, but I know they're unlikely...

I really wish Rare wasn't owned by M$ anymore, because honestly I've felt that Banjo-Kazooie was one of the biggest characters that could have/should have been in Brawl, but chances are, will never grace the series...

Mr Khan said:
When he says "narrow down" he means specifically third party characters. The headline that the OP quoted is itself slightly erroneous.

I thought I'd read that too... So does that mean that there will be only ONE 3rd party character..? Or that he needs to narrow down his choices from what he's thinking of..?

babuks said:
Why are they removing characters? Are they planning for DLC selling strategy?

In the coming months, it will be a good debate over Nintendo and Sony's smash.

Not really.  Sony's "Smash" will alway be known as a rip-off, even if it turns out to be good (it should be good, given they're just making cosmetic changes to a winning formula).

But I don't think Sakurai should be taking characters out of Smash.  More characters should be included.  I bet everyone will be unlockable.

EDIT:  N/M

Kenology said:
babuks said:
Why are they removing characters? Are they planning for DLC selling strategy?

In the coming months, it will be a good debate over Nintendo and Sony's smash.

Not really.  Sony's "Smash" will alway be known as a rip-off, even if it turns out to be good (it should be good, given they're just making cosmetic changes to a winning formula).

But I don't think Sakurai should be taking characters out of Smash.  More characters should be included.  I bet everyone will be unlockable.

EDIT:  N/M

wrong.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
I want a Mewtwo that is overpowered.

Why?! Are you going to be a noob and use him all the time?!?!

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Sounds like he's copying Sony.

L.C.E.C. said:
Mr Khan said:

I thought I'd read that too... So does that mean that there will be only ONE 3rd party character..? Or that he needs to narrow down his choices from what he's thinking of..?

Likely the latter, that there is a pool of candidates and that he just needs to get it down to the right set.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Do you need Ness and Lucas, Wolf, Falco, and Fox? Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer.

There are characters with a lot of overlap that do not necessarily make great individuals.
Pokemon Trainer 2.0 should nab all the Pokemon in one shot.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Do you need Ness and Lucas, Wolf, Falco, and Fox? Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer.

There are characters with a lot of overlap that do not necessarily make great individuals.
Pokemon Trainer 2.0 should nab all the Pokemon in one shot.

Lucario and MewTwo should be by themselves. But I agree with the rest.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.