By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai Speaks: Smash Bros. may have GamePad controls, character roster will be narrowed down

Sonic, Megaman need to be in this. EDIT: I hope they update everybody too. Characters like Pikachu are out of date. He's gained so many more trademark moves since Kanto.

Around the Network

That's good news... I guess?

Brawl had a nice amount of Chars so I can live with it.

-For first party characters I would want to see: Ridley, Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario / Shulk (xenoblade)
For Third party, I'm fine with a few bonus characters ala Sonic or Snake. But I would rather they were third party characters that appear only on nintendo consoles: Neku (TWEWY) / Phoenix Wright / Professor Layton (maybe he would be better as an assist trophy)

- But please no more clones! And some characters do need different move sets

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

I want a Mewtwo that is overpowered.

I LOVE ICELAND!

echoesfromthepast said:
-For first party characters I would want to see: Ridley, Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario / Shulk (xenoblade)
For Third party, I'm fine with a few bonus characters ala Sonic or Snake. But I would rather they were third party characters that appear only on nintendo consoles: Neku (TWEWY) / Phoenix Wright / Professor Layton (maybe he would be better as an assist trophy)

- But please no more clones! And some characters do need different move sets

They said they weren't going to have more characters than in Brawl. To include those side characters, who would you expect them to remove from the current roster?

Personally I think one of Ike and Marth can be traded for Megaman! Put the blue bomber in the damn game! And one other character can be sacrificed to include Lloyd to represent Namco, but that's it.

Around the Network

The ones I want are:

Especially Ashley

Megaman and Zangief would be awesome too.

Little Mac is one that can already be counted, Palutena also, imo

Why are they removing characters? Are they planning for DLC selling strategy?

In the coming months, it will be a good debate over Nintendo and Sony's smash.

I really hope they keep Ganondorf in there. He is the most badass video game character in existence.

...make him a lot more different than Captain Falcon this time around though!

When he says "narrow down" he means specifically third party characters. The headline that the OP quoted is itself slightly erroneous.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

They had better keep Sonic in >:( Snake was cool too, I hope they keep him in... And I wish they'd turn Ganondorf into his own character instead of a Capt. Falcon clone :(

I'm not really desiring a whole slew of new/3rd-party characters anyway... Nor can I really think of many that would have enough mainstream gamer appeal... Tails/Knuckles would be awesome if either one could happen... Megaman is also very deserving... Crash and Spyro would be kinda cool, but I know they're unlikely...

I really wish Rare wasn't owned by M$ anymore, because honestly I've felt that Banjo-Kazooie was one of the biggest characters that could have/should have been in Brawl, but chances are, will never grace the series...