By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘You’ve made your choice’: Man shares dad’s brutal letter disowning him for being gay

Pimp3k said:
Player1x3 said:

Atheism? No. Anti-theism (fundemental form of atheism)? Absolutely

Atheism and Antitheism are two different things. And no Antitheism is not a fundamental form of Atheism. One is rejection of beliefe in God or Gods, and other is active opposition to theism. So simply put some Atheists are Antitheists as well. But Atheism and Antitheism aren't synonymes.

You can't have Anti-theism without atheism :)

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Player1x3 said:

1.) Again, how is it natural ? Just because it happens to animals.

2.) And homosexuality is vastly inferior to heterosexuality in every possible aspect (and before someone jumps the ban hammer, im not saying homosexual people are inferior, they're not.) So how can it be considered normal (''natural'' is debatable, it dependents on your definition of natural ) when its alternative is just plain superior?

1.) because name one unatural thing animals do? Everything they do is natural, they don't know malice or any level of deeper brain thought. They run on instinct and simple problem solving mostly.

2.)How so? Please do tell because I would love to see this argument. By general consensus of definition, Homosexuals are on average...smarter than most heterosexuals. They are also often much more well groomed. Homosexuals also have a penchent for physical health and in many cases are some of the most fit people around. Gays virtually never have unplanned children which makes the raising process a WHOLE lot easier.

1) See my discussion with Jay on the matter

2) Wait, what? What does any of that have to do with their sexuality ?? Even if we pretend any of that bullshit its true, it's completely irrelevant to my point. I've never said that homosexuals,as people, are inferior, just their sexuality. Unplanned children ? They can't even have their own biological children to begin with, and you seriously ask me why their sexuality is inferior??? And if heterosexuals dont want any unplanned children, they can adopt as well (and with much less difficulty) There's also much higher probability of getting HIV, AIDS and countless other STDs. Hell, during 80's AIDS was considered homosexually exclusive disease.

1. I saw the argument. You said it isn't natural but it very obviously is. I do agree that some things, even though occure natrually, might not be catogorized as "ethical" or right. Yet I still concede that Homosexuality is not one of these things.

2. You said they are inferior. I was inquiring how. It is very apparent that homosexuals are very productive members of society and can contribute just as much as any heterosexual. The idea that homosexuals are not functional simply because they do not procreate in a traditional sense is highly faulty. I mean just because gays do not come into direct contact to pro create doesn't really mean squat. Plenty of other forms of animal life(which all humans are are advanced animals at our core) do not come into direct contact to make babies. Many forms of fish lay their eggs and the male comes and fertalizes them seperately. This sounds a lot like primitive invitro to me. Not all hetero couples want kids, does that make them inferior or broken? No, because procreation is just one facet of life and while it is a necessity to sustain further life it is NOT required of all of us and nature knows this.

As for disease, yes we all know of the dreaded HIV/STD issue. And yes it was THOUGHT to be exclusive homosex disease.....as we all know not to be true now as many straight people get it just as often, just as easily. The only form of sex where it becomes virtually impossible to pass it along to partners is surprisingly.....lesbian sex. In turn, it is the male who is the weak link in the disease,as they are key to spreading it. The only reason gays were known as HIV's main target is simply because we stereotypically have gratuitous amounts of non monogomous sex. I wont even go into the conspiracy theory that HIV was a form of biological warfare to eliminate gays and viciously backfired.

In short, none of these thinks make Homosexuals inferior in any way. We are all equal, much to many conservative's dismay.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Player1x3 said:
Zappykins said:

"But very fact that the society made out of homosexuals of one gender would go extinct while the heterosexual one would continue to live tells you that homosexuality isn't normal"

Do you really think that could happen?  That homosexuality could spread over the planet like a fabulous colourful silk scarf and make everyone gay?  Everyone in the entire planet just suddenly gay?  (Disco Ball and Plant shops everywhere, people would give up cars and just use rollerblades on the freeways.)

As far as ‘homosexual societies’ I was going to talk about the New Mexico Whiptail lizard, but rather have you just answer the question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_whiptail

It was just a hypothesis to shows that their inability to reproduce could have them go extinct. Of course i don't think anything like that would happen.. and you're using a lizard to show me a human homosexual society could strive?

How does anyone think gays exist now? They are BORN from HETEROSEXUALS! Its not like some kind of cult where if you kill the members you kill the idea. There is no ideal, there is no agenda, homosexuality has found a way to survive throughout history without falter. Does anyone truely believe that just because Gays cannot procreate in a traditional sense, that that stops your next heterosexual child from being gay?

Your logic is flawed.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Runa216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

This is a good page regarding homosexuality from the American Psychological Association. It covers many issues regarding homosexuality & the source is grounded in scientific evidence. As far as I know it's not influenced by religious, political or any other such factors.

The only thing influencing the source is the responsiblity it has to promote the mental, physical & social wellbeing of humans. 

What's this?  Scientific evidence and proof by noted researchers on the topic?  

In the spirit of Player1x3, I'll see your scientific proof and raise you one biased Fox News report, and for good measure mock your stance by smugly assuming superiority by claiming your report was biased or somehow faulty.  

You need a hug there xD?

Runa216 said:
Branko2166 said:
Runa216 said:
happydolphin said:
Runa216 said:

This is not a matter of differing opinions or freedom of speech, this is flat out bigotry.  there are some things that are NOT acceptable, and this is one of them.  This is no different than condemning someone for their skin color.  This is just as bad, but sexuality is a few years behind and is playing catch-up with race equality. 

Runa, just to give you an idea, I find Mr Khan's opinion on "purging viewpoints from the world" to be dispicable, because it fails to convey a sense of respect for the sovereinty each person has on their own thoughts, while instead conveying a sense of trying to conform everyone to one same ideology.

As much as I understand his idealism, the zeal in his PoV really scares me. Yet it's the second time he mentioned it and I didn't say anything, wasn't gonna because it's not my place. I'm only doing it here to prove a fundamental point: that though I have a moral issue with his PoV, I will not allow it to cause me to bully him into his place (as I would envision it).

There's nothing wrong with wanting to eliminate bigotry.  your insistence on "freedom of Speech" is great...but there comes a time when people don't deserve free speech. 

And who should determine when people do not have that right or other rights in general? How would this be enforced?  You are riding a very slippery slope here.

Simple rules:  If your beliefs, attitudes, or opinions are harming others, you don't get the freedom of speech!  simple!  

That rule is some what moot as every thing you say there will always be someone out there who is offended or harmed by those words.

A good example in this thread is all the bagging out of religion. how do you think a religious person would feel? Isn't the freedom of speech hurting these people? so does this mean people should stop having a public opinion on religion? If anything it shows these people have more hate in them than the father who is simply heartbroken and sad his son is gay. At least he was honest to his son. Yes its sad that he doesn't want anythign to do with his gay son, but not like that message to his son was pure hatred.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Player1x3 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Player1x3 said:

1.) Again, how is it natural ? Just because it happens to animals.

2.) And homosexuality is vastly inferior to heterosexuality in every possible aspect (and before someone jumps the ban hammer, im not saying homosexual people are inferior, they're not.) So how can it be considered normal (''natural'' is debatable, it dependents on your definition of natural ) when its alternative is just plain superior?

1.) because name one unatural thing animals do? Everything they do is natural, they don't know malice or any level of deeper brain thought. They run on instinct and simple problem solving mostly.

2.)How so? Please do tell because I would love to see this argument. By general consensus of definition, Homosexuals are on average...smarter than most heterosexuals. They are also often much more well groomed. Homosexuals also have a penchent for physical health and in many cases are some of the most fit people around. Gays virtually never have unplanned children which makes the raising process a WHOLE lot easier.

1) See my discussion with Jay on the matter

2) Wait, what? What does any of that have to do with their sexuality ?? Even if we pretend any of that bullshit its true, it's completely irrelevant to my point. I've never said that homosexuals,as people, are inferior, just their sexuality. Unplanned children ? They can't even have their own biological children to begin with, and you seriously ask me why their sexuality is inferior??? And if heterosexuals dont want any unplanned children, they can adopt as well (and with much less difficulty) There's also much higher probability of getting HIV, AIDS and countless other STDs. Hell, during 80's AIDS was considered homosexually exclusive disease.

1. I saw the argument. You said it isn't natural but it very obviously is. I do agree that some things, even though occure natrually, might not be catogorized as "ethical" or right. Yet I still concede that Homosexuality is not one of these things.

I agreed that natural doesn't always mean normal or acceptable and that you COULD call homosexuality natural but not normal

2. You said they are inferior. WHAAAT???? NO I DID NOT! I clearly specified multiple times that I DID NOT MEAN the people are inferior I was inquiring how. It is very apparent that homosexuals are very productive members of society and can contribute just as much as any heterosexual.Where the hell have i stated otherwise ??? The idea that homosexuals are not functional simply because they do not procreate in a traditional sense is highly faulty.Did you even read what i said??? I didn't say they couldn't function properly.I mean just because gays do not come into direct contact to pro create doesn't really mean squat. Plenty of other forms of animal life(which all humans are are advanced animals at our core) do not come into direct contact to make babies....ok? Many forms of fish lay their eggs and the male comes and fertalizes them seperately. This sounds a lot like primitive invitro to me. Not all hetero couples want kids, does that make them inferior or brokenFor fucks sake, stop talking about something i never even mentioned  ? No, because procreation is just one facet of life and while it is a necessity to sustain further life it is NOT required of all of us and nature knows this.Yet, the main purpose of sexuality is PROCREATION, and homosexuality IS A SEXUALITY that FAILS in that specific department, thus homosexuality IS AN INFERIOR SEXUALITY that can't perform its main purpose ! This DOESN'T mean however, that homosexual people are inferior,  or that they can't function properly in a society, just that one aspect of their person isn't the way it should be, same with every other person, regardless of sexuality. I really really really really don't know how to explain this in simpler terms.

As for disease, yes we all know of the dreaded HIV/STD issue. And yes it was THOUGHT to be exclusive homosex disease.....as we all know not to be true now as many straight people get it just as often, just as easily.That's a lie. Gay men are a lot more likely to get infested with it than heterosexual couples The only form of sex where it becomes virtually impossible to pass it along to partners is surprisingly.....lesbian sex.True, lesbians have other diseases they are more likely to get than heterosexuals In turn, it is the male who is the weak link in the disease,as they are key to spreading it. The only reason gays were known as HIV's main target is simply because we stereotypically have gratuitous amounts of non monogomous sex.We? I wont even go into the conspiracy theory that HIV was a form of biological warfare to eliminate gays and viciously backfired.

In short, none of these thinks make Homosexuals inferior in any way. We are all equal, much to many conservative's dismay....i agree?

Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:
Nem said:

If you have any arguments, bring them forth. My post is supported by science and logic, where is yours?

Also, best get that cancer treated because no god or afterlife is gonna help you with that.

He doesn't have any.  He's very bigoted and has an agenda.  I haven't nailed down what that agenda is, becuase he USUALLY argues on the religious zealot side,  but I've seen him argue on the opposing side, as well.  I think he's just taking the unpopular, ignorant side as a challenge or something to give people something to argue about.  

At least that's the only explanation I can think of as to why he's always wrong and refuses to admit it. I'm not sure it's even possible to be THAT narrow minded and intolerant and still be able to breathe.  

Not a double standard.  One is science, one is not.  If you could prove that the bible was scientifically sound, then I'd gladly take any of your nonsense as more than nonsense.  Not double standards, there are guidelines.  The burden of proof is on you, until you actually prove any of your claims, I will continue to dismiss them. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Frozone said:
"2,) What if the son told the father that he would be a virgin forever and would never get married? Would that make disownment appropriate? Probably not. The only difference between that example in the real life example is the son is attracted to males. It has nothing to do with marriage or kids. The father just can't stand the idea of being attracted to males."

But he would still be normal and nobody can say if they'll always be a virgin or get married, but once you come out as gay that's it. Parents would rather their kid not get married at all than end up being gay, not getting married is disappointing for parents but being gay is embarassing for them.

I would be dissapointed if my son chose not to continue the bloodline, wether he chose to remain a virgin or gay.

Frozone said:
"What about the parents in my country who are gay themselves? Would they also be ashamed if one of their children later turned out to be attracted to people of the same sex?"

They would be gays already so they wouldn't care. I'm talking about normal parents.

You raise an interesting poi nt. About 15 years ago I saw this TV program that studied gay behaviour and gay parents. Please don't ask me to reference it as I do not remember what it was.

What it discovered (assuming it wasn't altered results) is that 8/10 gay couples who adopted children ended up with a child who turned out to be gay when they become older.

Now was this genetics or simply influence like in a straight family where children learn that straight is the norm in their house hold? also jsut like racists a taught to be racist and not born racist.

MY VIEW: modern research shows that being gay is a genetic thing. I do agree with this, however even after so many years of seeing that progam, it still makes me wonder if some percentage of gay people have actually been influenced into being gay, as 8/10 gay couples  is a pretty high probablity of getting a genetically gay baby.

what do others think?

damn i did wonder why this thread went so huge but then i realized:

thread has something to do with "gay" and playerx is posting in it = will get a lot of posts

i know you always say you shouldn't get banned because you have nothing against gays and so on but yeah, at least you seem to have a problem with that topic whatever the reason is or you wouldn't always post in these threads to say what you say.

Runa216 said:
happydolphin said:
Runa216 said:

How is it dishonest?  The only 'argument' that religion has to support its existence is that we 'had' to come from somewhere, and that the big bang theory isn't 'good enough', and that we need to have come from somewhere.  the argument is that if we supposedly need a creator, why is it just okay to make THAT leap of logic but not have that same leap of logic to their god?

I understand, I don't agree but I understand.

On the flipside, atheism also requires an origin to everything, just a naturalistic one. Problem is nothing comes from nothing. Do you agree that the atheist also has a dilemma in that optic?

You're treating atheism like a religion, like it's some strict adherence to some rules about not believing in a god or gods...No, we just don't seem to feel there's a need to fill our void with superstition.  There's no doctrine, we don't worship scientists, we just don't have faith in the supernatural. 

So it's not fair to say that.  

You may as well treat atheism like a religion.

The reason I say that is an equal amount of atheists who seem to spread the same message spending as much time bagging out God (someone we don't believe in) as much as religious nuts speaking about gay people being a sin.

The problem is these people get so worked up about this that the social media sites are now filled with this shit.

Atheists messages vs Religious message. A good example is facebook now days/ I didn't join facebook for half my friends to fight the other firends as keyboard warriors of religion and atheism. I joined because I wanted to keep in touch with them as they were part of my shaping me in primary and high school despite what their beliefs are.

The fact is majority of athiests and religious people are normal people. It is only a minority in these groups (you included) who seem to have a NEED to be extremely devoted to your belief.

The people on both sides who accept that we all have different beliefs will live a more productive life then those who spend a good portion of their life time trying to argue against the other.