By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Yes 77 42.78%

No 78 43.33%

Undecided 25 13.89%

Total:180

...sorry i had to xD

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Nem said:
gergroy said:

Personally, I am not excited about either option this year.  I was all for Obama 4 years ago when he ran on a platform of hope and change.  However, very little has changed and the changes havent always been better.  Now, Obama is running on a platform of look how bad this guy is, I can do better than him.  Isnt that sad?  Shouldnt he be talking about the change he wants to bring?  

Now, I'm not saying romney is much better, his platform is the same as Obamas.  Basically, my question is does Obama actually deserve to be re-elected?  If so, why isnt he telling us why?

No, you should get George W. Bush all over again.

I really dont undestand how half of americans cant seem to learn their lesson.

In what ways has obama been better than Bush?  Have you seen some dramatic difference in this country since obama took over?  The economy crashed when obama took office and it has stayed there his entire term.  He passed an extremely unpopular health care plan.  His education intitiatives are pretty much identical with republicans.  He kept the wars going while also adding a war in libya.  

What is the lesson here?  That all politicians are the same, yeah, i learned that, maybe you should too.

What you should learn is how economics work. The fact you think its obamas's fault that you were buried in debt, then you really dont understand how things work. No, Obama isnt at fault, hes jus the one that has got to pay the other president's bill's.

Health care sounds like something important for everyone and to be honest, he didnt start any large scale wars over nothing.

Yes i do think the united states are a much better defended and better nation today because of him. You guys over there are way too vulnerable to your dumb media outlets.

Before you pass judgement, you should try to understand how things really work and what the man is doing. People have a tendency to judge the present without understanding that the present came to be under a number of variables from the past. Your mistake was Bush, not Obama. You're still paying for that mistake today and you start thinking it was Obama's fault. Its all too funny.

Got to be one of the worst two candidates ever to occur in history.

Why cant the Libertarians be one of the big parties in American politics.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Expect miracles from a president who governed through the worst economic downturn since 1930... Please... doubt Romney would have done better.

Yay!!!

Does he deserve to be reelected? No. Probably not.

But he is a better choice than Romney.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Nem said:
gergroy said:

Personally, I am not excited about either option this year.  I was all for Obama 4 years ago when he ran on a platform of hope and change.  However, very little has changed and the changes havent always been better.  Now, Obama is running on a platform of look how bad this guy is, I can do better than him.  Isnt that sad?  Shouldnt he be talking about the change he wants to bring?  

Now, I'm not saying romney is much better, his platform is the same as Obamas.  Basically, my question is does Obama actually deserve to be re-elected?  If so, why isnt he telling us why?

I agree... why would they vote for a nearly identical president in Barak Obama.

HappySqurriel said:
Kantor said:

I'm not sure you understand what Communism is.

It requires the banning of private ownership of property, which is ridiculous because most Democrats (and Republicans) in the Senate are multimillionaires. It requires the abolition of the free market, which nobody in Congress supports. Indeed, communism can't really survive with elections.

Communism does not mean "higher taxes" and "ineffectual healthcare reform".

Most communist states don't (really) ban the private ownership of property, they just ban the ownership of private property for the average person ...

There are reasons why many very wealthy Americans (particularly in the entertainment industry) have such positive impressions of communist states; they are often invited to these countries and get to see how the top 1% who control the country live. Being that many of these rich pro-communist Americans are also idiots, they foolishly believe the claims of "equality" under communism and think that average person has a good life under communism.

i though Americans were scared of communism and always will be

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kantor said:

I'm not sure you understand what Communism is.

It requires the banning of private ownership of property, which is ridiculous because most Democrats (and Republicans) in the Senate are multimillionaires. It requires the abolition of the free market, which nobody in Congress supports. Indeed, communism can't really survive with elections.

Communism does not mean "higher taxes" and "ineffectual healthcare reform".

Most communist states don't (really) ban the private ownership of property, they just ban the ownership of private property for the average person ...

There are reasons why many very wealthy Americans (particularly in the entertainment industry) have such positive impressions of communist states; they are often invited to these countries and get to see how the top 1% who control the country live. Being that many of these rich pro-communist Americans are also idiots, they foolishly believe the claims of "equality" under communism and think that average person has a good life under communism.

i though Americans were scared of communism and always will be

The academic and entertainment "elite", along with a large portion of the children of the rich, are of the delusional opinion that communism is a "good idea that hasn't been implemented correctly"

Nem said:
gergroy said:
Nem said:
gergroy said:

In what ways has obama been better than Bush?  Have you seen some dramatic difference in this country since obama took over?  The economy crashed when obama took office and it has stayed there his entire term.  He passed an extremely unpopular health care plan.  His education intitiatives are pretty much identical with republicans.  He kept the wars going while also adding a war in libya.  

What is the lesson here?  That all politicians are the same, yeah, i learned that, maybe you should too.

What you should learn is how economics work. The fact you think its obamas's fault that you were buried in debt, then you really dont understand how things work. No, Obama isnt at fault, hes jus the one that has got to pay the other president's bill's.

Health care sounds like something important for everyone and to be honest, he didnt start any large scale wars over nothing.

Yes i do think the united states are a much better defended and better nation today because of him. You guys over there are way too vulnerable to your dumb media outlets.

Before you pass judgement, you should try to understand how things really work and what the man is doing. People have a tendency to judge the present without understanding that the present came to be under a number of variables from the past. Your mistake was Bush, not Obama. You're still paying for that mistake today and you start thinking it was Obama's fault. Its all too funny.

Funny thing is I understand all those things just fine. You seemed to have ignored my primary question there.  In what ways is Obama better than Bush?  How is America any different under Obama compared to Bush?

HappySqurriel said:
adriane23 said:
Yes, he deserves it in my opinion, because he either kept or attempted to keep most of the promises he made in 2008.

He said he would make universal healthcare a reality in the U.S. He got it passed.

He said he would end the war in Iraq. The war is over.

He said he would decrease the deficit by requiring the wealthiest Americans to pay higher taxes. He's tried several times and failed miserably.

He said he would reform social security. He backed off this major issue last year. I didn't like this one bit.

He said he would decrease unemployment. Unemployment was over 10% in 2008 and is now ~8%. This is neither a positive or negative for Obama in my opinion. Unemployment is going down sure, but very slowly and at times remains stagnant. A lot of his proposals to decrease unemployment were either passed with heavy compromises, making them mostly ineffectual or blocked outright by Congress. It could be argued that any of his opponents would've made this situation a lot worse, but that would be going into irrelevant 'what-if' scenarios.

There are a lot of other things that I liked and didn't like about his term as President, but this is all I care to type right now.

First off, forcing people to buy health insurance from private companies is not universal healthcare ...

Though your simplified explanation of the law is incorrect, I misspoke because everyone in the U.S. has access to healthcare if their ailment is lif threatening. Not everyone has access to health insurance (which most Americans need) though. My bad.

Secondly, on the topic of "unemployment", Barack Obama lowered unemployment through statistical manipulation. People were simply unemployed for so long they were no longer counted as being unemployed; simply look at the employment to population ratio to see how the employment picture has not improved under Barack Obama:

You make it sound like he sat at a computer and created new percentage numbers in his favor. He didn't manipulate anything. Also, I didn't say the current percentage of unemployed was a good thing for Obama, so why did you pick that part of my post?

I am the Playstation Avenger.