By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Yes 77 42.78%

No 78 43.33%

Undecided 25 13.89%

Total:180

Personally, I am not excited about either option this year.  I was all for Obama 4 years ago when he ran on a platform of hope and change.  However, very little has changed and the changes havent always been better.  Now, Obama is running on a platform of look how bad this guy is, I can do better than him.  Isnt that sad?  Shouldnt he be talking about the change he wants to bring?  

Now, I'm not saying romney is much better, his platform is the same as Obamas.  Basically, my question is does Obama actually deserve to be re-elected?  If so, why isnt he telling us why?

Around the Network

Obama was able to pass a healthcare law that wasn't without flaws but a step forward nonetheless. It's kind of hard to get anything done with a split congress and such bold party lines.

Obama struggled to get things done when the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. I don't think he should be reelected. He's spent far more than any president before him, and that's the exact opposite of what we need. My vote is for Gary Johnson. I know a lot of you probably think that's wasting my vote, but I disagree. I think that if I vote for either Romney or Obama, I'm voting to continue the current problems.

Yes, simply because the alternatives are less viable.

We need to grow our Green party...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i'm not American but out of Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, i would vote Obama no question but to be honest there both shit choices. i would really vote Gary Johnson, the Libertarian. Great policies, he would leave Afghanistan tomorrow if he was president and he would end the war on drugs among other things, he could make a good president i think. it's sad that he's highly unlikely to become president though :(

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

No, but Romney doesn't deserve to be elected either. Johnson is the only decent choice, but I guess he's not really a choice.

Andrespetmonkey said:

No, but Romney doesn't deserve to be elected either. Johnson is the only decent choice, but I guess he's not really a choice.

He's a choice but seriously how many people know about him, i only know about him from this website really. How's an average american spose to know they can vote for him, there media don't talk about him, there useless! 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

the2real4mafol said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

He's a choice but seriously how many people know about him, i only know about him from this website really. How's an average american spose to know they can vote for him, there media don't talk about him, there useless! 

I mean he's not really a choice because there's a higher probability of ninpie actually being 13 years old than Johnson winning. For reasons you've already pointed out :/

I dont think this election would such a crap choice if the candidates would actually talk specifics about what they want to do. Speaking in generalities doesnt help. This election is being centered around why the other person isnt good enough. I would like it much more if the candidates would talk about what they would do once they had the job.

And yes, those voting 3rd party are wasting their vote. Voting for the losing guy with no chance is the equivalent of staying home and not voting. Personally, i most likely am staying home as I live in utah and the results of my state are already decided. If they didnt have the electoral college system i might be more inclined to vote. I dont know why they dont do popular vote...

Andrespetmonkey said:
the2real4mafol said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I mean he's not really a choice because there's a higher probability of ninpie actually being 13 years old than Johnson winning. For reasons you've already pointed out :/

it sucks that he don't have a better chance though