By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Yes 77 42.78%

No 78 43.33%

Undecided 25 13.89%

Total:180

Does Obama deserve to be reelected? Hell no.

Though Romney really isn't any better.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
gergroy said:

Personally, I am not excited about either option this year.  I was all for Obama 4 years ago when he ran on a platform of hope and change.  However, very little has changed and the changes havent always been better.  Now, Obama is running on a platform of look how bad this guy is, I can do better than him.  Isnt that sad?  Shouldnt he be talking about the change he wants to bring?  

Now, I'm not saying romney is much better, his platform is the same as Obamas.  Basically, my question is does Obama actually deserve to be re-elected?  If so, why isnt he telling us why?

It's not even that. It's "look how rich this guy is" and "look at how this guy did his job which I find morally wrong".

Seriously, if you're going to attack Romney, there are plenty of legitimate ways to do it. I'm surprised he hasn't attacked Romney for being a Mormon yet, at the rate he's going.

There is no way that Obama will attack Romney for his Mormonism. The democratic senate majority leader is a Mormon too.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

He got the Nobel Piece Price, so yes.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
He got the Nobel Piece Price, so yes.

That doesn't mean absolutely anything.

killerzX said:
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

i would vote for the communist party

so the democrats!?

i dont even think they deny it anymore.

Please. The Dems don't even have the balls to go for Social Democrat.

please, claiming most democrats arent outright communist is laughable.

they would want nothing more than a communist state if it werent political suicide. 

there really isnt any issue that they differ from communists on.

obama was a registered member of the New Party for crying out loud. thats a communists party out of chicago.

I'm not sure you understand what Communism is.

It requires the banning of private ownership of property, which is ridiculous because most Democrats (and Republicans) in the Senate are multimillionaires. It requires the abolition of the free market, which nobody in Congress supports. Indeed, communism can't really survive with elections.

Communism does not mean "higher taxes" and "ineffectual healthcare reform".

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:

It requires the banning of private ownership of property, which is ridiculous because most Democrats (and Republicans) in the Senate are multimillionaires. It requires the abolition of the free market, which nobody in Congress supports. Indeed, communism can't really survive with elections.

Most communist states don't (really) ban the private ownership of property, they just ban the ownership of private property for the average person ...

There are reasons why many very wealthy Americans (particularly in the entertainment industry) have such positive impressions of communist states; they are often invited to these countries and get to see how the top 1% who control the country live. Being that many of these rich pro-communist Americans are also idiots, they foolishly believe the claims of "equality" under communism and think that average person has a good life under communism.

I'm not so sure on whether or not he deserves a second term, but I've enjoyed his movement in passing a universal healthcare, something I agree with personally, I like his military approach and how he's made plans to leave the middle east but not just pulling out and leaving allies to hang dry, but I'm also keeping my ear open to what he'll have to say about college bills. It'll be interesting to see. Overall, I'd vote for him considering I'm not too big a fan of his running mates.

No. But Romney doesn't deserve to be elected, either.

Both are horrible choices.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Kantor said:
killerzX said:
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

i would vote for the communist party

so the democrats!?

i dont even think they deny it anymore.

Please. The Dems don't even have the balls to go for Social Democrat.

they would want nothing more than a communist state if it werent political suicide. 

obama was a registered member of the New Party for crying out loud. thats a communists party out of chicago.

Yeah.. that's more facism then anything... but it's not surprising people can get things mixed up.  Afterall China is supposed to be "Communist" but they practice the most ideologically pure form of Hitlers "Third way" economics then pretty much any country in history... including argueably the nazis.

Third Way economics essentially being "People own their own companies, but the government can step in whenever it wants to correct things/switch things to benefit the state."

Kasz216 said:
Kantor said:
killerzX said:

Yeah.. that's more facism then anything... but it's not surprising people can get things mixed up.  Afterall China is supposed to be "Communist" but they practice the most ideologically pure form of Hitlers "Third way" economics then pretty much any country in history... including argueably the nazis.

Third Way economics essentially being "People own their own companies, but the government can step in whenever it wants to correct things/switch things to benefit the state."

The definition of "communism" can vary wildly, but not one of them fits the Democratic Party. Perhaps some of the more leftist members of the party could be considered Social Democrats, but no further than that. Most of them are mild conservatives, to be honest, Obama included.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective