By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Does Obama deserve to be re-elected?

Yes 77 42.78%

No 78 43.33%

Undecided 25 13.89%

Total:180

Nope. Obama is pretty much becoming a latin american populist president. Welcome to the third world, yankees! Of course the cliched figure of the corporate WASP running for the other party isn't likely to fare any better. No matter the result of this year's elections, a lot of people are going to be angry. And things are probably going to get worse.

Honestly the two party system have to go if the USA wants any chance of surviving until the turn of the century. The Democrats are slowly sinking into demagogy and the GOP is going the same way to a lesser scale.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:

P

Right, but the issue there is how do we keep such a system from becoming hideously corrupt? Granted, i heard that was more a problem in Musolini's Italy than in Germany at the time.

I'm not saying it's a good idea.

I'm just saying how the system works.

I mean hell.   This is China's problem right now.

People see the Chinese as "Buying America!"

In reality they spend all kinds of money one expensive american homes and buisnesses because it acts as a "Safety Box" to protect them from Chinese corruption.

I mean, your definition is just what most people now a days consider capitalism.  Even the biggest free market economists like Milton Freidman wantede rules.   They just wanted simple rules everyone could understand, that treats everyone equally.

I'm not American, but I think I would vote for Obama. I'm not too keen on either, but Romney scares me a little - not sure why

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I'm not American, but I think I would vote for Obama. I'm not too keen on either, but Romney scares me a little - not sure why

If you arent sure why it probably means the propaganda campaign against romney is working.

adriane23 said:
Yes, he deserves it in my opinion, because he either kept or attempted to keep most of the promises he made in 2008.

He said he would make universal healthcare a reality in the U.S. He got it passed.

He said he would end the war in Iraq. The war is over.

He said he would decrease the deficit by requiring the wealthiest Americans to pay higher taxes. He's tried several times and failed miserably.

He said he would reform social security. He backed off this major issue last year. I didn't like this one bit.

He said he would decrease unemployment. Unemployment was over 10% in 2008 and is now ~8%. This is neither a positive or negative for Obama in my opinion. Unemployment is going down sure, but very slowly and at times remains stagnant. A lot of his proposals to decrease unemployment were either passed with heavy compromises, making them mostly ineffectual or blocked outright by Congress. It could be argued that any of his opponents would've made this situation a lot worse, but that would be going into irrelevant 'what-if' scenarios.

There are a lot of other things that I liked and didn't like about his term as President, but this is all I care to type right now.

First off, forcing people to buy health insurance from private companies is not universal healthcare ...

Secondly, on the topic of "unemployment", Barack Obama lowered unemployment through statistical manipulation. People were simply unemployed for so long they were no longer counted as being unemployed; simply look at the employment to population ratio to see how the employment picture has not improved under Barack Obama:

Around the Network
gergroy said:
radishhead said:

If you arent sure why it probably means the propaganda campaign against romney is working.

There is no propaganda campaign going on in the UK against Romney so I don't think gergroy is being influenced on that account. The fact most British media and probably most of the people arent too keen on him is simply based on their impression of him when he visited the UK.

Another thing is that Britain is pretty much an athiest country (regardless of what wiki or the CIA factbook says) with very many people veiwing leaders with strong religious ties ( like Romney being a mormon) with suspicion.

A survey a while back showed that the British in general prefer atheist leaders or those not to attached to God or religion. We have had atheist PMs and many atheist play major roles in our politics. For a potential US president to publically show he does not believe in God is political suicide.

gergroy said:

Personally, I am not excited about either option this year.  I was all for Obama 4 years ago when he ran on a platform of hope and change.  However, very little has changed and the changes havent always been better.  Now, Obama is running on a platform of look how bad this guy is, I can do better than him.  Isnt that sad?  Shouldnt he be talking about the change he wants to bring?  

Now, I'm not saying romney is much better, his platform is the same as Obamas.  Basically, my question is does Obama actually deserve to be re-elected?  If so, why isnt he telling us why?

No, you should get George W. Bush all over again.

I really dont undestand how half of americans cant seem to learn their lesson.

justinian said:
gergroy said:
radishhead said:

There is no propaganda campaign going on in the UK against Romney so I don't think gergroy is being influenced on that account. The fact most British media and probably most of the people arent too keen on him is simply based on their impression of him when he visited the UK.

Another thing is that Britain is pretty much an athiest country (regardless of what wiki or the CIA factbook says) with very many people veiwing leaders with strong religious ties ( like Romney being a mormon) with suspicion.

A survey a while back showed that the British in general prefer atheist leaders or those not to attached to God or religion. We have had atheist PMs and many atheist play major roles in our politics. For a potential US president to publically show he does not believe in God is political suicide.

You just listed reasons, but he wasnt sure why he was scared of him, just that he was.  If he had said those reasons as to why he was scared, that would be fine, but he was scared for no reason.  

Nem said:
gergroy said:

Personally, I am not excited about either option this year.  I was all for Obama 4 years ago when he ran on a platform of hope and change.  However, very little has changed and the changes havent always been better.  Now, Obama is running on a platform of look how bad this guy is, I can do better than him.  Isnt that sad?  Shouldnt he be talking about the change he wants to bring?  

Now, I'm not saying romney is much better, his platform is the same as Obamas.  Basically, my question is does Obama actually deserve to be re-elected?  If so, why isnt he telling us why?

No, you should get George W. Bush all over again.

I really dont undestand how half of americans cant seem to learn their lesson.

In what ways has obama been better than Bush?  Have you seen some dramatic difference in this country since obama took over?  The economy crashed when obama took office and it has stayed there his entire term.  He passed an extremely unpopular health care plan.  His education intitiatives are pretty much identical with republicans.  He kept the wars going while also adding a war in libya.  

What is the lesson here?  That all politicians are the same, yeah, i learned that, maybe you should too.

not the best president, but better than mitt romney imo
i think im a ron paul fanboy...