By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day sets sales record for the company...

richardhutnik said:
spaceguy said:
"DIVORCE is as against the bible as homosexuality... MASTURBATION is as against the bible as homosexuality... ANAL and ORAL sex are as against the bible as homosexuality.... SEX WITH YOUR WIFE 7 DAYS BEFORE OR AFTER HER PERIOD is as against the bible as homosexuality. if you are CLINGING to one bible verse, you might want to brush up on the others. - think a little hate won't hurt anyone? think again."

You can find verses regarding divorce, and some of the others.  But, show verses regarding masterbation, anal or oral sex are in the Bible.  They aren't.

What I can say though, is that there is a degree of irony that those screaming loudest against gay marriage happen to cut a lot of slack regarding divorce.  I will say that in NY, I did try to speak to some group against gay marriage about divorce, and they would want to ban divorce either.  The kicker is that there is no way that one will be able to get divorced outlawed.

Thats why people should chill out on gay marriage. It's there choice. I don't care if you masterbate or any of that. I'm not religious at all but religious people want to push there views on us as if there god holds any weight with us. Your god is nonsense, stop telling us what he wants to hate. Not to you just any religious person. We can sit down and have a conversation about morality and not even bring up god. Morality has nothing to do with god or religion. It has to do with the individual.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Just ate there tonight. It was delicious.

@ sethnintendo

What kind of logic is that? You said they skimp on toppings and charge $2.75, which makes them over priced, while Jack in the Box gives you more toppings. Where do you think that extra $1.64 you just paid Jack in the box went towards? Besides, you could always just order the deluxe, which has cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles for an extra $0.80.

I ate there yesterday. Chick-Fil-A is awesome.

This garbage really makes me feel ashamed of my fellow American's and has me seriously questioning whatever I need to move to Europe. This isn't about "god". This isn't about "free speech". The people who lined up, 99% of them are just hateful bigots. That's all this is. It's bigotry disguised behind religion and it really says a lot about how far behind the US population is compared to the rest of the civilized world.

spaceguy said:
Player1x3 said:

What is a liberal? Seems that most conservative's are more liberal then liberals and liberals are more conservative than liberals. Like all the laws the supposed conservative's pass restricting girls vigina's, Thats not conservative. So really lets just admitt that everyone has a different idea of the words and that they are fluid and change on a dime.  So basically they are put in place to put up walls. Most people I know as soon as they hear conservative, a wall comes up and they think stupid old Racists white males with no knowledge and intelligence. However this could be the furthest from the truth to his beliefs. He might believe in one thing they believe in or going with what the word actually means. So his idea would be different then the majority of what conservative's stand for. Which I assume is oppressive religious nut balls that think there religion is the only true one out of 4,000 religions out of the world.

Also it can be said a stereo type of conservative's is drunk white male that has no knowledge and lets hatred control his whole life. This sayings I got above proves nothing, neither has anything I wrote, Until you actually sit down and talk to the person these names mean nothing. Lose the names and we will lose the walls. Stop with the bull sh-t hate and slogans.

I meant the hypocritical, double standard, intolerant, hateful, self loathing, no shower, college dropout, drug addicted, neck bearded, ''progressives'' that despise free speech and and their own culture.

Yeah, stereotyping is easy

spaceguy said:
Player1x3 said:
spaceguy said:
BenVTrigger said:
And i think maaaaaaaaaaany people are missing the point here

This isnt about whether gay is right or wrong because no matter what that a personal choice

Many people including many homosexuals went to Chik-Fil-A to support 1st amendment rights. Thats what this is all about

Not sure what you saw but that is there right to hate. Be non-evolved human beings that can't accept anything or anyone that is different.

You mean like you?

I'm challenging the people that are doing the hating in the first place. LIKE YOU!

Oh shut the fuck up. Up to this point, THE ONLY one that has shown hatred is YOU.How many times have you attacked christianity, right wing and conservatives in this thread??   Probably because you're pissed that people actually stood up for free speech instead for your intolerant beliefs. Also, how many times do you people use the word ''hate'' and ''bigot'' per day?

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
spaceguy said:
Player1x3 said:
spaceguy said:
BenVTrigger said:
And i think maaaaaaaaaaany people are missing the point here

This isnt about whether gay is right or wrong because no matter what that a personal choice

Many people including many homosexuals went to Chik-Fil-A to support 1st amendment rights. Thats what this is all about

Not sure what you saw but that is there right to hate. Be non-evolved human beings that can't accept anything or anyone that is different.

You mean like you?

I'm challenging the people that are doing the hating in the first place. LIKE YOU!

Oh shut the fuck up. Up to this point, THE ONLY one that has shown hatred is YOU.How many times have you attacked christianity, right wing and conservatives in this thread??   Probably because you're pissed that people actually stood up for free speech instead for your intolerant beliefs. Also, how many times do you people use the word ''hate'' and ''bigot'' per day?

"hate" and "bigot" are quintessential leftist buzzwords

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

richardhutnik said:
sethnintendo said:
richardhutnik said:
sethnintendo said:

Those toppings would take away from the fried grease taste right?

I assume that you have had one of their sandwiches.

Back in early 2000 on Texas Tech campus.  Like I said Chik-Fil-A is overpriced.  Why would I eat at an overpriced fast food place?  They aren't some high end "fast food" place like Rudy's or Mighty Fine Burger so their price isn't justified.  The whole closed on Sunday reminds me of their Christian values which then reminds me of the hard liquor ban on Sunday thus pissing me off. 

Closed on Sunday means that their workers do get a day off.  And, well, considering you don't seem a fan of the food, I would think you would wish they would be closed 7 days a week.

Their workers dont get a day off because the owners nice, its because of illread scripture. I am a fan of the food, Im happy they cant get the "Obey the sabbath day for it is holy" part of the ten commandments. I would much rather eat there on a saturday with my friends. Much like most of the Christian world (not all) Chick-Fil-A is closed on the wrong day which their god demands them to rest, which should be saturday like Jehovahs Witnesses, Jews and Muslims. They rest on the first day of the week rather than the last.

spaceguy said:
richardhutnik said:
spaceguy said:
"DIVORCE is as against the bible as homosexuality... MASTURBATION is as against the bible as homosexuality... ANAL and ORAL sex are as against the bible as homosexuality.... SEX WITH YOUR WIFE 7 DAYS BEFORE OR AFTER HER PERIOD is as against the bible as homosexuality. if you are CLINGING to one bible verse, you might want to brush up on the others. - think a little hate won't hurt anyone? think again."

You can find verses regarding divorce, and some of the others.  But, show verses regarding masterbation, anal or oral sex are in the Bible.  They aren't.

What I can say though, is that there is a degree of irony that those screaming loudest against gay marriage happen to cut a lot of slack regarding divorce.  I will say that in NY, I did try to speak to some group against gay marriage about divorce, and they would want to ban divorce either.  The kicker is that there is no way that one will be able to get divorced outlawed.

Thats why people should chill out on gay marriage. It's there choice. I don't care if you masterbate or any of that. I'm not religious at all but religious people want to push there views on us as if there god holds any weight with us. Your god is nonsense, stop telling us what he wants to hate. Not to you just any religious person. We can sit down and have a conversation about morality and not even bring up god. Morality has nothing to do with god or religion. It has to do with the individual.

Its understandable that the gay population are paranoid of the right wing media and Christians whom have been trying to hold them back from progressing their lifestyles in this country. If they were never attacked they wouldn't be so paranoid to attack the owner of Chick-Fil-A and do stupid things like Kissing sessions to make them even more homophobic. Seriously....thats just childish and stupid and an easier way to anger some of the hateful people in those crowds. A good percentage of them are first amendment followers but others are using the first amendment as leverage to fend off the gay population who feel disinfranchised without being called out on it. Regardless...they need to shut up for now because the owner does have a right to not support gays. Even if the gay population gets a complete right to marriage by the state...yes...the state..not god (which is how its always been), the Christians will still dislike it, but they'll have to respect it. If they dont want to eat at Chick-Fil-A, its well within their rights not to. 

P.S.

This whole thing got blown out of proportion by Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum who arent fans of gay marriage and urged people to support Chick-Fil-A.The Mayor of San Fransisco (whom is on the left isnt helping either) is  basically telling Chick-Fil-A to back away from their side of the tracks. Anyway, Cathy not supporting gay marriage isn't news because anyone who is Christian and goes to Chick-Fil-A should know this by now. Activists, preachers and politicians are the ones blowing this up and when they do the people will surely follow. Remeber that. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
richardhutnik said:
sethnintendo said:
richardhutnik said:
sethnintendo said:

Those toppings would take away from the fried grease taste right?

I assume that you have had one of their sandwiches.

Back in early 2000 on Texas Tech campus.  Like I said Chik-Fil-A is overpriced.  Why would I eat at an overpriced fast food place?  They aren't some high end "fast food" place like Rudy's or Mighty Fine Burger so their price isn't justified.  The whole closed on Sunday reminds me of their Christian values which then reminds me of the hard liquor ban on Sunday thus pissing me off. 

Closed on Sunday means that their workers do get a day off.  And, well, considering you don't seem a fan of the food, I would think you would wish they would be closed 7 days a week.

Their workers dont get a day off because the owners nice, its because of illread scripture. I am a fan of the food, Im happy they cant get the "Obey the sabbath day for it is holy" part of the ten commandments. I would much rather eat there on a saturday with my friends. Much like most of the Christian world (not all) Chick-Fil-A is closed on the wrong day which their god demands them to rest, which should be saturday like Jehovahs Witnesses, Jews and Muslims. They rest on the first day of the week rather than the last.

Church is on Sunday.  Blue laws and so on came about to enable people to get to church.  By not being open on Sundays, people can get to church.  This is in keeping with the beliefs of the owners.  It is the principle that remains here for them.  They decide to keep wiht the principle of the day off, and have it on Sunday.  That is why they do it.

thismeintiel said:
Just ate there tonight. It was delicious.

@ sethnintendo

What kind of logic is that? You said they skimp on toppings and charge $2.75, which makes them over priced, while Jack in the Box gives you more toppings. Where do you think that extra $1.64 you just paid Jack in the box went towards? Besides, you could always just order the deluxe, which has cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles for an extra $0.80.

Bad logic apparently considering I didn't know of their deluxe option since I haven't ate their in about a decade (I guess the extra 80 cents of Jack in Box deluxe sandwiches cover the bacon, sauces, and sourdough bread/better buns?).  I could buy almost 4 1 dollar chickens from a dollar menu from another fast food place for 2.75+.80+tax.  I just don't see anything special in the way they fry their chicken over other fast food places.  Also, their menu would be pretty limited for me considering they serve mainly chicken.  Chik-Fil-A acts like they are something special but I see nothing special in that fast food place.