By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day sets sales record for the company...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
the_dengle said:
I don't get any of this. Chik-Fil-A is a family-owned business, and that family doesn't support same-sex marriage. It's their personal view and no matter how dumb it is, like anyone else in the country, they have a right to share it. They also have the right to make donations to any cause they see fit.

It's not like the business refuses to serve gay people. People can protest, they can boycott, they can speak out, but why? To try to change one person's stance on an extremely divisive issue? You can't make this guy change his religion. He's obviously a very devoted Christian, of the sort that opposes same-sex marriage.

Even in a potential future where same-sex marriage is 100% legalized, this man is entitles to his opinion, as long as he doesn't actively discriminate against anyone, which he doesn't seem to be doing.

I read in an article that there were a lot of prejudiced church people in those lines preaching from the line. LOL Christians will never let gays live.

Thanks for generalizing.

My whole Family and all the people that I talk to in my Church aren't like that. I have many friends that are Christian's and they don't care/are for Gay's. So stop the generalization.

Around the Network
spaceguy said:
"DIVORCE is as against the bible as homosexuality... MASTURBATION is as against the bible as homosexuality... ANAL and ORAL sex are as against the bible as homosexuality.... SEX WITH YOUR WIFE 7 DAYS BEFORE OR AFTER HER PERIOD is as against the bible as homosexuality. if you are CLINGING to one bible verse, you might want to brush up on the others. - think a little hate won't hurt anyone? think again."

You can find verses regarding divorce, and some of the others.  But, show verses regarding masterbation, anal or oral sex are in the Bible.  They aren't.

What I can say though, is that there is a degree of irony that those screaming loudest against gay marriage happen to cut a lot of slack regarding divorce.  I will say that in NY, I did try to speak to some group against gay marriage about divorce, and they would want to ban divorce either.  The kicker is that there is no way that one will be able to get divorced outlawed.

Am I the only one that thinks Chik-Fil-A is overpriced? What do they charge like 2-3 dollars for their regular chicken sandwich? They provide a fucking pickle! Wow! You telling me you can't even add more toppings to your overpriced piece of shit sandwich for that kind of money?

sethnintendo said:
Am I the only one that thinks Chik-Fil-A is overpriced? What do they charge like 2-3 dollars for their regular chicken sandwich? They provide a fucking pickle! Wow! You telling me you can't even add more toppings to your overpriced piece of shit sandwich for that kind of money?

Chick-Fil-A isn't over-priced. Aren't like almost all Fast-Food places more expensive now?

NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:

Chick-Fil-A isn't over-priced. Aren't like almost all Fast-Food places more expensive now?

I am just saying they skimp on the toppings there.  

Jack in the Box chicken sandwiches

Homestyle Ranch Chicken Club: 4.48
Sourdough Grilled Chicken Club: 4.39

(lettuce, tomato, creamy ranch sauce or mayo onion sauce (on sourdough), crispy bacon slices and melting cheese)

Regular Chik-Fil-A sandwich (with pickle) $2.75

Around the Network

i applaud the customers for taking it into their own hands instead of letting government decide for them. I don't care if they boycott or support, as long as they don't let government step in like that.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

sethnintendo said:

I am just saying they skimp on the toppings there.  

Jack in the Box chicken sandwiches

Homestyle Ranch Chicken Club: 4.48
Sourdough Grilled Chicken Club: 4.39

(lettuce, tomato, creamy ranch sauce or mayo onion sauce (on sourdough), crispy bacon slices and melting cheese)

Regular Chik-Fil-A sandwich (with pickle) $2.75

Some people just like it like that. It's just one of those Company Policy thing's, I guess.

sethnintendo said:

That is two STRATEGICALLY placed pickles to you! 

NintendoPie said:

Some people just like it like that. It's just one of those Company Policy thing's, I guess.

Can't mess with a classic I guess?  Their waffle fries are alright I suppose.

richardhutnik said:
sethnintendo said:

That is two STRATEGICALLY placed pickles to you! 

Not only that, but other toppings would RUIN the taste. I can't imagine biting into a Chik-Fil-A sandwich with any other toppings on it. But that's just personal preference.