By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day sets sales record for the company...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Their workers dont get a day off because the owners nice, its because of illread scripture. I am a fan of the food, Im happy they cant get the "Obey the sabbath day for it is holy" part of the ten commandments. I would much rather eat there on a saturday with my friends. Much like most of the Christian world (not all) Chick-Fil-A is closed on the wrong day which their god demands them to rest, which should be saturday like Jehovahs Witnesses, Jews and Muslims. They rest on the first day of the week rather than the last.

You're right about the Sabbath, but I'm pretty sure that Muslims don't have a day of rest at all and that their day of worship is Friday rather than Saturday.

Around the Network

Spaceguy and Player... you two both really need to calm down.

Even if you disagree with the other guy, calling them to unevolved or telling them to shut up isn't appropriate forum behavior.

Kasz216 said:

Even if you disagree with the other guy, calling them to unevolved or telling them to shut up isn't appropriate forum behavior.

ok, u got it

Player1x3 said:
Kasz216 said:

ok, u got it

its funny because by definition evolution is a very racist belief.

killerzX said:
Player1x3 said:
Kasz216 said:

ok, u got it

its funny because by definition evolution is a very racist belief.

No, it's not. It was, in the past, when certain people latched onto the idea of evolution to help provide "proof" for racist doctrines, but that's long since been disregarded.

For my part, I was debating locking the thread, but Kasz seems to have a handle on it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

No, it's not. It was, in the past, when certain people latched onto the idea of evolution to help provide "proof" for racist doctrines, but that's long since been disregarded.

For my part, I was debating locking the thread, but Kasz seems to have a handle on it.

A lock would've been nice awhile ago.

These Chick-Fil-A threads have gone crazy.

sethnintendo said:
Am I the only one that thinks Chik-Fil-A is overpriced? What do they charge like 2-3 dollars for their regular chicken sandwich? They provide a fucking pickle! Wow! You telling me you can't even add more toppings to your overpriced piece of shit sandwich for that kind of money?

Actually, I agree. I've been there once. It's great fast food, but expensive. Its like the chicken sandwich equivalent of Chipotles (which is great too).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:

A lock would've been nice awhile ago.

These Chick-Fil-A threads have gone crazy.

Maybe anything remotely political has to be locked.  In my original post, I had stated this:

So, I would have a question: In case of polarizing issues, can a boycott really be effective, or does it just make a company a stronger niche brand and improves its bottom line by creating a stronger identity for itself?  I would ask to focus on the effect of a boycott here, rather than have this turn into a discussion over gay marriage.  I say this request because there is another thread on that subject.  Also, it doesn't help any regarding the issue if people on one side or another are spun as spawns of evil.

The main focus of the topic of this thread had to do with whether or not boycotts can be successful, if an issue is divisive, or not.  It looks like it has degenerated.

richardhutnik said:

Maybe anything remotely political has to be locked.  In my original post, I had stated this:

So, I would have a question: In case of polarizing issues, can a boycott really be effective, or does it just make a company a stronger niche brand and improves its bottom line by creating a stronger identity for itself?  I would ask to focus on the effect of a boycott here, rather than have this turn into a discussion over gay marriage.  I say this request because there is another thread on that subject.  Also, it doesn't help any regarding the issue if people on one side or another are spun as spawns of evil.

The main focus of the topic of this thread had to do with whether or not boycotts can be successful, if an issue is divisive, or not.  It looks like it has degenerated.

Anything remotely having to do with Religion or Gay Something will spiral out of control all over the internet.

NintendoPie said:
richardhutnik said:

Anything remotely having to do with Religion or Gay Something will spiral out of control all over the internet.

Apparently not able to discuss the impact of boycotts over divisive issues.

And I also read an Chik-Fil-A shut down a day due to a bomb threat.