By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - "European Members", What do you think about the European Union?

I wish for nothing more than for the UK to leave the EU.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
RedInker said:
I wish for nothing more than for the UK to leave the EU.

why is that? Also why were you guys allowed to keep your currency?

Too much waste, red tape, and crazy laws. Because of the laws on human rights we are unable to deport terrorists because it would infringe their human rights etc. We kept our currency (smartest thing we ever did!) because we never signed the treaty binding us to join the Euro. I think only 4 countries have kept their curruncy. The UK Sweden, and Denmark. Cant remember the fourth.

Edit. Only 3 countries are not required to join the Euro. All  other current and future members of the EU are obliged to join the Euro within an agreed timescale.

Quality example of an insane EU law causing waste .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1029715/EU-forces-market-trader-pulp-thousands-kiwi-fruit-theyre-ONE-MILLIMETRE-small.html

Not a European but as Redinker pointed out giving your country over to a unregulated, unelected super state is probably a bad idea.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

It's a sinking ship and it's gonna drag us all down with it

Around the Network

I want Sweden to leave EU, atleast we still have our currency.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I like the initiative! Well, I like the idea behind it. Best benefit? No wars the past 60-70 years. That's some kind of a record!!! Only the 1800's have seen peace like this, and that was after they shipped Napoleon to s:t Helena... The second best benefit is that you don't need your passport to travel all across EU :D But I don't like the currency and that's why I voted NO to the euro. And I don't like that there's only a few countries whose actually deserving of being in the EU. Those would be Britain, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Germany. That's about it. Even France actually has to bad of an economy to actually deserve a place. France! And we're not gonna speak of Italy!!!

What we should do is form the NEU (North European Union) and invade Norway to get their oil. We'd be living like kings all of us I tell ya!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

AlphaCielago said:

Än så länge ja...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

leatherhat said:
Not a European but as Redinker pointed out giving your country over to a unregulated, unelected super state is probably a bad idea.

There are european parlament election on every country of the EU, so that isnt quite right. What you mean is that the parlament nominates/elects internally who the leaders are.

I dont know what all the hate is for. Without UE things would be much worse. Its allowed development and economical expansion. The big countries also tended to have more power and get better shares of the deals. This ends with the perifery countries now having issues due to past decisions regarding quotas (os fishing for example). I also think EU expanded too fast, but those saying they want out are really spineless in my opinion. When its good they all want in, when theres a barrier to overcome they all want to jump ship like rats.

DanneSandin said:
AlphaCielago said:

Än så länge ja...

Stödet för kronan verkar i alla fall hålla i sig! Vad var det... kanske 85% eller något som ville behålla kronan? :P

OT: The European Union is a joke that makes countries less independent of their own laws and economies. It's essentially nothing but a bad idea being poorly executed.