By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Statistics: VGChartz forums on the path back to old greatness?

ManusJustus said:
I can't create new topics either.

In reply to Jay. No, I only use IE. If that is the problem, I don't want to use a new browser just so I can post on this forum.

Which IE version is it?

If it's 9+ then it shouldn't be a problem, I personally prefer other browsers as they are faster and IE9 still has some quirks (it does some annoying stuff with font shadows) but if it's true there is a specific problem with this site and IE9 then ioi and crew should definitely be fixing it. If it's IE8 or 7, then I would add my strong reccomendation to you to change browser, but while those two browsers have their many faults, the site should work on them. If you are using IE6, then just go, go now and never use the internet again!

EDIT: Well hot shit... I can't edit this post in IE9. From what I can tell it seems to be a problem with IE9 not supporting the Rich Text Editor (strictly speaking it's IE's fault... if something like that isn't supported properly it should be blocked from loading... but IE9 is used by too many people for ioi to ignore it, especially if it's been like this for 2 years)

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Kresnik said:
As someone who's only a recent member of these forums, can you explain to me what happened late 2009 - early 2010? If anyone knows, of course. That drop off of PPD is staggering.

Wii stopped selling and was the clear winner of the generation. After that console wars stopped. That is what I assume.

Pretty much this. New gen should improve things. More new faces.

Looks like things are on the up and up, which is always good to see.

Game discussion seems a bit down, although I think it's just the summer doldrums. Looking forward to even more great discussion now that the tools are back. Good times are ahead! ^_^

TWRoO said:
Sorry MBP no... I just checked those 3 because I knew they would be highest. (the 9th and 10th thing was a guesstimate... it's actually highly possible that 6400+ posts (splitting his in two) would still put Ryan in 3rd place behind ninpie and pezus for all I know)

I have just looked further into Ryan's past though, seems he suddenly exploded in 2011. He has the 12,830+ in 2012 and 8,370+ in 2011... but in the 21months before that there were only 79 posts (possibly all in the latter part of 2010 for all I know, I can't view any more of his post history)

I'm guessing that a lot of those posts happened when the GamrRewards was active, as I recall seeing Ryan being in the top spots almost every month (or close to it) when it was alive.

TWRoO,

I'm running Internet Explorer 9. I see I'm not the only one with a problem :(

Around the Network

I'd like to see some greatness here. I do like this site a lot. First site I've actually decided to participate in regularly. So is there any user data or are we only going by posts? I guess activity isn't a bad measure. Is there any data on site hits we can see?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

No need to thank me guys!

Seems like more people post when there's not a new system/good games out.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Things are about to get more exciting around here.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
Things are about to get more exciting around here.

As you say that I just get the feeling that your heart is not in it. Especially since your posts these days are just copy paste of your status update.

VGChartz = Excitement!

User activity will be up and butts will be in the seats.  VGChartz is stepping out of the local club and into the arenas!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger