By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

DieAppleDie said:
Dolphin
wanna play SF43D? play with me, i play with Guile and touch controls. which are by the way much better for pro fights, you get rid of all the forward down forward nonsense....

LMAO

Around the Network

SONIC BOOM!!!!!!!

This thread is now about Pros before Bros

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

DieAppleDie said:
Dolphin
wanna play SF43D? play with me, i play with Guile and touch controls. which are by the way much better for pro fights, you get rid of all the forward down forward nonsense....

LOL

zarx said:
lilbroex said:

You didn't look at my last post throurly apparently. As I just pointed out. Everything you are posting as a negative in the WIi U version is even worse in the PS3 version.

Both of those screenshots I posted were from the PS3.

Sorry I replied before you made your edit. And one of those screens is very low res so useless for the comparison and the other is from prolog which is 6 months older than the Wii U screen. Not to mention they are both completly diferent levels, with totally different lighting. Considering you tryed to dissmiss my example because the angle was a bit different and it had different characers in it that is a taf hipocritical. 

as for Wii U games all bing higher resolution. All we have is the word of a forum poster on GameFAQs who claims to have been told that. Everrything shown of Batman and Assassin's creed was 720p, Darksiders 2 dev said there would be no increase in resolution or framerate, Trine 2 dev said that would be the same resolution with some inhanced assets over PS360, and TTT2 is also 720p on Wii U so far. And all Nintendo fist party games are going to be 720p http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-games-run-in-720p/. Where is the evidence that all these games will be higher res? Not that I don't think it's possible it's just I see no evidence of it yet. 

I siad no such thing in regards to dismissing your shots based on angles. I didn't dismiss them at all. I said they were inadequate as presented because you were making remarks about visible flaws without checking to see if the same flaws exist in the other version. The flaws in question would persists regardless of stage design. In this case they were worse.

You are also doing exactly what I said way earlier in the thread. ie. begging the question and disregarding all unfavorable evidence in favor of nitpicking at every small nuance you can regardless of how relevent it is.  I'd bet $50 that the PS3 version at lauch will look no better than those screenshots I posted because they look just like Tekken 6 for the PS3 (which I have). They're the exact same issues to the same extent. Its not going to magically get improve in graphics between now and launch. Most of the are dumped straight from Tekken 6.

Secondly.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/23/third-party-wii-u-launch-games-will-run-at-1080p/

http://wiiu-gamers.com/news/batman-armored-edition-and-assassins-creed-iii-running-at-1080p/

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/18/nintendo-games-will-run-at-1080p-soon-after-launch/

Only the first party games will run at 720p and that is by Nintendo's choice.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Player2 said:

Most pros use custom built sticks with arcade parts. They use them because with them they can input commands faster and more accurately.

Due to Microsoft's policy with peripherals this is easier to do on the PS3, so the PS3 is the console of choice in fighting game tournaments. If the Wii U version is the superior one, there are a good amount of arcade sticks available, customizing them is easiy done, etc, this can change.

They always avoid wireless controllers because of lag (not only Wii U's tablet).

@Zero: Pros are important because they know the game better than you and me, they can find broken stuff easier (and devs can fix the game later).

@Mad: Playing a game since Tekken 1 doesn't make you a pro. But if you think you are, I'd like to hear your opinion on Brian Fury's b+1 or Nina's SS+1~B in Tekken 5 (PS2), for example.

And yes, most of the sales are made by intermediate players.

I didn't say playing it since I made me a pro just that i am. I also don't play with either Bryan or Nina. I main Hworang, Steve, ad Asuka.

Anybody would notice something just by looking at the properties of those moves, but whatever.

I guess you wouldn't have a problem in telling us which are Asuka's fastest moves in Tekken 5? (yes, she does have more than one)

Player2 said:
Mad55 said:
Player2 said:

Most pros use custom built sticks with arcade parts. They use them because with them they can input commands faster and more accurately.

Due to Microsoft's policy with peripherals this is easier to do on the PS3, so the PS3 is the console of choice in fighting game tournaments. If the Wii U version is the superior one, there are a good amount of arcade sticks available, customizing them is easiy done, etc, this can change.

They always avoid wireless controllers because of lag (not only Wii U's tablet).

@Zero: Pros are important because they know the game better than you and me, they can find broken stuff easier (and devs can fix the game later).

@Mad: Playing a game since Tekken 1 doesn't make you a pro. But if you think you are, I'd like to hear your opinion on Brian Fury's b+1 or Nina's SS+1~B in Tekken 5 (PS2), for example.

I didn't say playing it since I made me a pro just that i am. I also don't play with either Bryan or Nina. I main Hworang, Steve, ad Asuka.

Anybody would notice something just by looking at the properties of those moves, but whatever.

I guess you wouldn't have a problem in telling us which are Asuka's fastest moves in Tekken 5? (yes, she does have more than one)

He's basically saying he doesn't like the technical characters.

wow I missed a lot in the few hours I had of sleep before work.

Tekken getting this much attention is amazing lol.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Player2 said:
Mad55 said:
Player2 said:

He's basically saying he doesn't like the technical characters.

Lol oh gosh.

S.T.A.G.E., how do you feel about TTT2 coming to a Wii-type console?