By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Producer Says People Are Focussing Too Much On Wii U Specs

lilbroex said:

I siad no such thing in regards to dismissing your shots based on angles. I didn't dismiss them at all. I said they were inadequate as presented because you were making remarks about visible flaws without checking to see if the same flaws exist in the other version. The flaws in question would persists regardless of stage design. In this case they were worse.

You are also doing exactly what I said way earlier in the thread. ie. begging the question and disregarding all unfavorable evidence in favor of nitpicking at every small nuance you can regardless of how relevent it is.  I'd bet $50 that the PS3 version at lauch will look no better than those screenshots I posted because they look just like Tekken 6 for the PS3 (which I have). They're the exact same issues to the same extent. Its not going to magically get improve in graphics between now and launch. Most of the are dumped straight from Tekken 6.

Secondly.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/23/third-party-wii-u-launch-games-will-run-at-1080p/

http://wiiu-gamers.com/news/batman-armored-edition-and-assassins-creed-iii-running-at-1080p/

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/18/nintendo-games-will-run-at-1080p-soon-after-launch/

Only the first party games will run at 720p and that is by Nintendo's choice.

To quote you "How exactly can you say it has more aliasing without compaing it to a screenshot of the other version in the exact same area" My screens were the same level. Yours were from totally different areas and from the prolog which is six months old and a direct port from the Arcade version that doesn't have the added effects. I asked if you knew of any other native Wii U screens of the game as I only could find one, that clearly has missing effects when compaired to screens of the same level of the PS3 build. The current PS3 build has the added effects as shown in the screens they have released compair the pic you posted vs the same level of the E3 build 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XWei2E8XhUU/Ti3Pk13ncZI/AAAAAAAADd8/hfkiGV74qjI/s1600/145-tekken-tag-tournament-2-prologue-VY.jpg

and current build

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2012/06/05/img0010jpg-d3cfa8.jpg

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/04/17/tekken-tag-tournament-2-20120417031039029-3628176.jpg

there is clearly less aliasing in the more recent build, the fact that some edges still have aliasing suggests that it is a low quality edge AA method likely MLAA.

Tho I did find this 

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/04/17/tekken-tag-tournament-2-20120417031040459-3628177.jpg

Which looks like it doesn't have the AA, so maybe they have just added AA for the intros and it is not engaged during combat.It's a pity that I have to be the one to defeat my own arguement lol. But as the Wii U version screen doesn't seem to have the health bars etc I have to assume the current build of TTT2 is still missing effects which are present in the PS3 build (even if it's in an area that doesn't affect gameplay) and it's clear the Wii U build is 720p (or possibly lower considering how bad the aliasing is just like the console versions of Tekken 6 and likely TTT2 as well) and has the exact same assets as the other versions so your statement of the Wii U version having better graphics is still unfounded.

All those stories are sourced from the same post on GameFAQs, by some user who claims that some PR rep told him that the games were going to be 1080p. Hardly a reliable source. Posting three differen't Nintendo fan sites that happen to have all posted it doesn't change the fact that the source is unreliable. 

Anyway I'm out

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Lol never seen a tekken thread get this many pages on vgchartz.

Yea, and all the Darksiders 2 threads that mentioned the Wii U all get more posts than my hype thread for the game lol. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

*impressed that this thread is still going strong...*

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Sal.Paradise said:
oniyide said:

Um not really, for one, it didnt have the same graphics, the PS2 version of SC2 looked clearly worst than the other two versions, I know cause i played the hell out of all three. And two people forget or want to forget that the GC version had exclusive advertisment on TV no other version was shown, the fact that PS2 still beat it my more than 50K is still impressive IMHO

As a GC owner I can confirm that I only bought the game because Link was in it, had no actual interest in Soul Calibur before I saw he was in. Turned out to be a marvelous game though!

@oniyide

Each version had a commercial showcasing the exclusive character.

Considering that the PS2 sold so much more than the GC, the fact that SCII sold so much on the GC is impressive.

@Sal

I heard great things about the game and the inclusion of Link also pushed me over the edge.  I thought the game was pretty mediocre though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

hate spammers as well?

oh yeah

Lol, I don't get it, neither of you guys own the 3DS versions.

@Metrics. Gotcha ;)

i dont own it, cause im not a fan of that version for reasons i already posted. Im not gonna spend money on a game i dont really care for, its not like i havent played it for myself.  Another reason, i already gave Capcom too much money for that game, bought the original bought SSF4 i even got the Arcade expansion. I think ive supported it enough

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

All it means is ive been playing that game for a while. Pretty much since day 1. and there are people who are better than me, quite a few i imagine.

I never played the game online on 3ds, there was no way for me to do it(being a demo and all)

Okay, but spamming doesn't mean a game is broken for everyone. For me, it's not a big deal because 50% are spammers and when I do fall on a spammer it's a challenge.

I can tell you, because SFIV 3D is the first game I bought for my 3DS. And yes I did play SFIV when it came out for arcade many years ago. I love the game.

hate spammers as well?

where just gonna have to agree to disagree.

hate spammers as well?

oh yeah

You hate spammers on tekken? Its not really annoying in comparison to a mvc spammer or street fighter.

i was talking SF, but i hate spammers in general, but you're right there nowhere near as bad as SF or the VS. games

theRepublic said:
Sal.Paradise said:
oniyide said:

Um not really, for one, it didnt have the same graphics, the PS2 version of SC2 looked clearly worst than the other two versions, I know cause i played the hell out of all three. And two people forget or want to forget that the GC version had exclusive advertisment on TV no other version was shown, the fact that PS2 still beat it my more than 50K is still impressive IMHO

As a GC owner I can confirm that I only bought the game because Link was in it, had no actual interest in Soul Calibur before I saw he was in. Turned out to be a marvelous game though!

@oniyide

Considering that the PS2 sold so much more than the GC, the fact that SCII sold so much on the GC is impressive.

@Sal

I heard great things about the game and the inclusion of Link also pushed me over the edge.  I thought the game was pretty mediocre though.

Let us also not forget the install base. How many people owned a GC and how man owned a PS2 at the time?

When you cross them with those numbers what type of results do you get?

zarx said:
Mad55 said:

Yea, and all the Darksiders 2 threads that mentioned the Wii U all get more posts than my hype thread for the game lol. 

its more about console battle than anything else, unfortuanately. Id bet half these people wont even buy the game, Wii U or otherwise

theRepublic said:
Sal.Paradise said:
oniyide said:

@oniyide

@Sal

man i almost forgot about those, but I do remember distinctly that the GC version commercials did come out before those other ones. Not that it would make much difference.  Still not impressed by GC sales, there not bad, but we're just gonna have to agree to disagree

oniyide said:
zarx said:
Mad55 said:

its more about console battle than anything else, unfortuanately. Id bet half these people wont even buy the game, Wii U or otherwise

Of course lol, it's always that way. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter