By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you think of the new Xbox Dash ?

I´ve tested it on a friends house, i dont have it but i was able to test it and its pretty damn good.

IE is by far the best browser on any Console, makes Ps3 and Wii Browser look a joke and terrible, its awesome and i can run a shitload of videos, also my friend said it supports HTML5 but he is not sure about Flash.

Zune is gone, now its only Xbox Music or Video for what i saw, not sure though.

Dash feels smoother and much faster, everything is much more organized and now it is really easy to browse and search for everything.

Their are still many things to come but this update proves once again how far ahead of competiton Microsoft is, and year after year they increase this advantage they already have wich is absolutely huge. 

Online and service wise next gen is already a lock and the winner is already here.

Congrats MS for the amazing online service, heads and shoulders above competition.

What do you guys think about the beta ?

Oh and here are some pics from gaf.

Big big big thanks to Sean user of Neogaf :)

Around the Network

It looks almost exactly the same as the old one..

man-bear-pig said:
It looks almost exactly the same as the old one..

it has a lot of little tweaks that make all the difference.

Feels fantastic, cant wait for machinima!

The interface for the 360 makes me so jealous. Why am I stuck with the xmb? It looks so dated and themes are stupid. Even the dynamic ones. :(
Also, I say I want a good browser on the ps3...but i know deep down i'd never use it. If anything, i would prefer if sony or microsoft took a page out of nintendo's book and made a channel dedicated to their news. I would use that instead.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
The interface for the 360 makes me so jealous. Why am I stuck with the xmb? It looks so dated and themes are stupid. Even the dynamic ones. :(
Also, I say I want a good browser on the ps3...but i know deep down i'd never use it. If anything, i would prefer if sony or microsoft took a page out of nintendo's book and made a channel dedicated to their news. I would use that instead.

Sony has this, it's the default homepage in the browser... not that I ever use it.

Around the Network

I havent gotren a chance to try it yet but Ive heard some amazing stuff

Anyone know when this goes live to the public?

BenVTrigger said:

November i think.

Argh_College said:
BenVTrigger said:

November i think.

Yeah - seems like that's when they released previous updates.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Looks mostly like the current one... then again if they focus on better navigation and a smoother and improved experience than a new look, that's fine by me.

It looks a lot like the current one... but a bit nicer. I'm pretty excited for it. Anyone know if this dash update is going to include smartglass support?