By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros U vs. Rayman Legends

Tagged games:

Which is better, New Super Mario Bros U or Rayman Legends

New Super Mario Bros U 31 50.82%

Rayman Legends 21 34.43%

Just show me the results 9 14.75%

Total:61

Rayman is looking fantastic and shows off the Gamepad well, as well as being the sequel to a brilliant game in Origins, but I'm much more of a Mario person. Mario has perfected 2D platforming since he started 27 years ago and NSMBU is looking brilliant, so that's more what I'd be buying.

Around the Network

For me it has to be Rayman Legends, never really liked the new super mario bros. series, and Rayman Origins is imo one of the best 2D platformers since Super Mario World

Nintendo and PC gamer

As a single/multiplayer player game Mario wins with its superior level design and controls, as it happened with their respective current-gen versions.
As a coop game Rayman Legends is much more interactive than 'place a platform' Mario, the reason why it's a contender to buy.

Both games are maybe buys for me, but in the end I'll succumb to Mario and skip Rayman.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Something about Rayman has never really clicked with me like with other platformers (Sonic/Mario/DK/Kirby). Not sure what

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Played both at E3. One is miles better than the other. Not even in the same league really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
cusman said:
Oromashu said:
Rayman offers a lot of unique features I think, so I would say that one. They both look good aesthetically though. At least there's finally some competition for Mario in the side-scrolling department.

Did you try Rayman Origins? For whatever reason I had skipped that game on X360, PS3, and Wii but ended up getting it for my PS-Vita (due to lack of other games) and thats what made me a super fan of Ubisoft and Rayman.

I couldn't believe I had passed up such an awesome game just because I didn't recognize Rayman or Ubisoft as best in class gaming.

Haha I did the EXACT same thing! Rationale and all

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Rayman looks more visually interesting, but NSMB U will be the far superior game, as NSMB Wii was compared to Rayman Origins

Mr Khan said:
Something about Rayman has never really clicked with me like with other platformers (Sonic/Mario/DK/Kirby). Not sure what

Is Sonic your favorite platformer?

Signalstar said:
Played both at E3. One is miles better than the other. Not even in the same league really.

Could you elaborate on which one was miles better than the other?

Metallicube said:

Rayman looks more visually interesting, but NSMB U will be the far superior game, as NSMB Wii was compared to Rayman Origins

Did you play Rayman Origins on Wii? Rayman Origins was perfect on X360, PS3, and PS-Vita... I haven't tried it on the Wii but on the 3DS demo it didn't even feel like the same game being 30 fps (instead of 60 fps solid) and had a real floaty feel to it instead of the sharp and precise controls on HD hardware versions.