Tagged games:

Which is better, New Super Mario Bros U or Rayman Legends

New Super Mario Bros U 31 50.82%

Rayman Legends 21 34.43%

Just show me the results 9 14.75%

Total:61
Xxain said:
Mr Khan said:
Something about Rayman has never really clicked with me like with other platformers (Sonic/Mario/DK/Kirby). Not sure what

Is Sonic your favorite platformer?

Despite Sonic Adventure 2 sitting at my number 2 favorite game, Mario is still out front.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Rayman for me. I thought Origins was better than NSMBWii and im inclined to think that Legends will be better than this new Mario, it just doesnt look like Ninty will add that much to the new Mario game that will make it all that enticing for me, sure they perfected it but they did that years ago, nothing really new to see, now Legends, Ubi looks like its at least trying to be unique

But sales wise Rayman will get killed badly, I'll go so far to say its almost a mistake to have it a timed exclusive, but then again maybe thats smart as they dont want the PS360 versions to have to compete with that library

NSMB wins for me. I love the interactive multiplayer elements of the title and the platforming felt more meaningful and fun.

Rayman was too fast, the platforming felt dull, and there was very little interaction in co-op games. Many people hated the direct interaction in NSMB (grabbing, throwing, jumping off heads) but I felt like it gave true value in advance playing styles.

My only gripe with NSMB that they really need to fix for the Wii U is to not make certain stage items singular and instead make them specific to each player. When I have to swing on 4 vines in a row to cross a gap, my friends have to time their jumps PERFECTLY with me in order to grab the same rope or they fall/die. If the ropes were for each individual person we could cross much more easily.

Rayman Legends by far. I'm sick of the NSMB series. Back in the 80s and 90s, every 2D Mario had a different style and feel to it, now Nintendo is content with just releasing the same game over and over again. Legends looks new and unique, and I can't wait to play it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I'm playing Rayman Origins at the moment, and I prefer it (albeit slightly) to NSMBWii; whether that will be translated to the 8th gen, I'm not sure

I think we can all agree that Rayman has taken a turn for the better with Origins and Legends. Legends looks amazing, and NSMBU looks much better than NSMBWii (I didn't like it much). Footage for both games look fantastic, but I'm going to go with Legends only because Origins was better than NSMBWii imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Mario always will be better for me
Rayman Origins is good and everything, but Mario games always have tighter controls and more replay value, apart from the mp...

oniyide said:
But sales wise Rayman will get killed badly, I'll go so far to say its almost a mistake to have it a timed exclusive, but then again maybe thats smart as they dont want the PS360 versions to have to compete with that library

If anything, NSMBU will create early interest in Rayman. If someone buys a Wii U for NSMBU, they'll look around for other platformers to go for. It's not like having two of them is anywhere near saturation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:

If anything, NSMBU will create early interest in Rayman. If someone buys a Wii U for NSMBU, they'll look around for other platformers to go for. It's not like having two of them is anywhere near saturation.

like they stimulated sales for Wii platformers?? The ones not made by Ninty (and even then). Yeah i seriously doubt NSMBU will help Rayman at all, hope im wrong, i like the series.