Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros U vs. Rayman Legends

Tagged games:

Which is better, New Super Mario Bros U or Rayman Legends

New Super Mario Bros U 31 50.82%

Rayman Legends 21 34.43%

Just show me the results 9 14.75%

Total:61
TripleMMM said:
Depends on the taste. I would buy both, but Rayman Legends showed off the isometric gameplay better!
I'm a Mario fan, but I can't deny the credits that's due...

asymmetric :)

Isometric is this:

Around the Network
Oromashu said:
Rayman offers a lot of unique features I think, so I would say that one. They both look good aesthetically though. At least there's finally some competition for Mario in the side-scrolling department.

Did you try Rayman Origins? For whatever reason I had skipped that game on X360, PS3, and Wii but ended up getting it for my PS-Vita (due to lack of other games) and thats what made me a super fan of Ubisoft and Rayman.

I couldn't believe I had passed up such an awesome game just because I didn't recognize Rayman or Ubisoft as best in class gaming.

milkyjoe said:
The new Rayman games have more in common with the DKC games than they do with the NSMB games, so it's not really a like for like comparison. They do things differently.

I would hope they all do things differently, otherwise they would be called generic side scrolling platformers... like we refer to generic military shooter.

cusman said:
Oromashu said:
Rayman offers a lot of unique features I think, so I would say that one. They both look good aesthetically though. At least there's finally some competition for Mario in the side-scrolling department.

Did you try Rayman Origins? For whatever reason I had skipped that game on X360, PS3, and Wii but ended up getting it for my PS-Vita (due to lack of other games) and thats what made me a super fan of Ubisoft and Rayman.

I couldn't believe I had passed up such an awesome game just because I didn't recognize Rayman or Ubisoft as best in class gaming.

No, I would have if I had a some local buds to play with from time to time, but none were interested in it. I enjoyed the original Raymans of the past. Style-wise, Rayman adds a lot to the table when it comes to side-scrollers, even though Ubisoft hasn't been in the side-scrolling market long. Did you see the E3 conference for Rayman Legends? That guy was so hype it made me think they put a lot of love into this game and it shows.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

I like NSMBU a little more. One of the reasons is because I'm very happy it's Mario in HD!

I'll probably get both though.

Around the Network

Mario looks a lot more fun to me.

Rayman looks a little too floaty and slower paced for the most part. Not as slow and floaty as LBP but enough for it to be noticeable.

NSMBU is gonna be amazing. No 2D platformer can compete with that 2D Mario formula.

I'm going to buy and love Rayman Legends. I'll enjoy it like I enjoyed other unique platformers from this gen like Wario Land: Shake it!, A Boy and His Blob, LostWinds, NyxQuest, DKC:R, etc.

But there's nothing like Mario.

Thanks double V, what was I thinking???
Cripes, didn't have breakfast yet...

@Cusman: Oh, we've been there...
Bloody hell, Rayman series was on my radar since inception, but never got to it, 'cause of cheapness. -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
milkyjoe said:
The new Rayman games have more in common with the DKC games than they do with the NSMB games, so it's not really a like for like comparison. They do things differently.

agreed.  i prefered rayman orgins to NSMB wii but i also prefered DKC.  either way both will be solid games.  mario will crush in sales obviously.

I will buy NSMBU first and a few months later I may buy Legends. I enjoyed Hoodlum Havoc more than Origins, so I will pass on Legends for launch.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

The girl looks like she is having so much fun. So I like Mario better.

Plus she is kind of cute.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.