By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

i like his name "deutsch"

€dit: i meant the guy who wrote spurges report.

Around the Network

Yeah, that was a nasty hit in the hockey. She's having a plate put in would you believe, so here's hoping she'll make it for the next game!

Oh, and Murray will replace Radcliffe in the Marathon.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Spurg- Swimming tonight. Gymnastics...they may get a medal, but they'll far from dominate.

I'm not censoring anything, I just don't have the ability to post medals tables on my 3DS!

And still a great performance from the Brits in Gymnastics, 2nd overall!

Conegamer said:
Why are there two Olympic threads???

I know we aren't doing all that great, but we never do. The middle weekend in Beijing, we got 11 medals, including 5 golds. So, no need to panic just yet!

...although Big Ben seems to be struggling a touch...

We are the host nation. We should be winning. In 1908 we came first with nearly double what second place had.

Now we will be lucky to beat our 12th place finish in 1948.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

America is number one in women's volleyball playing Brazil right now. I want to watctch. It should be the final, but they get matched in the same pool early.

You reckon? In Beijing, we had 3 medals in the first 3 days. 1 Gold, 2 Bronze. We were in 11th.

We've had 2 medals yesterday, and the possibility of another in Gymnastics and Swimming today. We did miss out on the Road Cycling with Cavendish, and that Bronze should have been ours in Diving. If we get another medal today, we'll be on-par with Beijing.

I expected that we'd have 4 medals come the end of today. 1 Gold (Cavendish), a Silver (Adlington) and 2 Bronze (Daley and the Women's Road Race). We may finish just below that, but we're on track for 4th, perhaps even 3rd due to the larger split of medals (The US and China were far more dominant last time out).

Our first big day will be Wednesday. Rowing finals, Time Trials with Wiggins, Sailing finals, Canoe finals...a good 4-5 medals, a couple gold, that day perhaps? We'll make our assault. Remember, we've never had a medal on the first day in the past olympics, and we were never going to win. 3rd is the best we can hope for, but 4th is realistic.

chocoloco said:
America is number one in women's volleyball playing Brazil right now. I want to watctch. It should be the final, but they get matched in the same pool early.

I'm not really keeping up with the olympics,but I'm watching that for a bit,just to look at the brazil women. If that's wrong,then I don't want to be right. lol

It's the Brazilian men playing in the Beach Volleyball, actually...

And Team GB lead the Equestrian Team Event, with Tina Cook 3rd, Mary King 5th and Zara Phillips (Royalty, if you didn't know) in 8th!

oldschoolfool said:
chocoloco said:

I'm not really keeping up with the olympics,but I'm watching that for a bit,just to look at the brazil women. If that's wrong,then I don't want to be right. lol

well put. Considering I never watch women's sports except for at the the Olympics, it is the perfect time to appreciate what fitness does to the female athelete. I will admit an affinity to the Brazillian look for sure. Americans are not bad too. lulz.