By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67
ethomaz said:
I'm a little disappointed with Brazil. I think my county had great chances to take two or three more gold medals.

Even so that's the best olympic games for Brazil in medal counts (17 overall).

The Brazil record for Gold is still Atenas-2004 (5 Golds).

You should be proud of the Brazilian womens Volleyball team. They played an epic match with the US.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ethomaz said:
I'm a little disappointed with Brazil. I think my county had great chances to take two or three more gold medals.

You should be proud of the Brazilian womens Volleyball team. They played an epic match with the US.

For this team I'm.

The women's volleyball made an amazing match but I'm very very desappointed with men's volleyball, men's football and other sports they played like chickens.

The best of Brazil:  women's volleyball team, Sarah Menezes (Judo), Arthur Zanetti (Gynastics) and Esquiva Falcão (Boxe).

The EPIC FAILs for Brazil (images shows more than words)... SHAME!!!

Ajescent said:
darthdevidem01 said:
So proud of GB with this Olympics.

We hosted everything well & we did well too.

BEst of luck Rio...2016 seems eons away right now

I remember saying the same thing when it was announced London would get it and at the end of Beijing

hmm..time does pass by quick. Before you know it you'll be 95 ajescent and too old to watch the Olympics for longer than an hour before nodding off. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ethomaz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ethomaz said:

For this team I'm.

The women's volleyball made an amazing match but I'm very very desappointed with men's volleyball, men's football and other sports they played like chickens.

The best of Brazil:  women's volleyball team, Sarah Menezes (Judo), Arthur Zanetti (Gynastics) and Esquiva Falcão (Boxe).

The EPIC FAILs for Brazil (images shows more than words)... SHAME!!!

I also have to add, Jacquiline Carvalho is hot. She made all the US women look like brutes. LMAO

P.S.

Don't be so hard on those guys. Its pretty hard to place with a medal in the olympics playing against the best in the world and these guys did it.

darthdevidem01 said:
Ajescent said:
darthdevidem01 said:
So proud of GB with this Olympics.

We hosted everything well & we did well too.

BEst of luck Rio...2016 seems eons away right now

I remember saying the same thing when it was announced London would get it and at the end of Beijing

hmm..time does pass by quick. Before you know it you'll be 95 ajescent and too old to watch the Olympics for longer than an hour before nodding off. 

I have faith in medical advancements.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Yeah, I know the musical line-up was great, but why people like Taio Cruz?! He's the definition of a 1-hit-wonder...i dont think hes had a song since 2009. They shouldve had people that are renown worldwide, not home grown british people who 95% of the viewing audience won't know

Elton John, The Rolling Stones and others should've been there.

Are the closing ceremonies always Music Concerts? I can't really remember 2010 or 2008...

i really would like to know how usa or russia would be with 60 million population. or netherlands/australia with some more. but with russias decline in population i don't have to wait so long lol

€dit:

ok saw russias fast decline stopped some years ago.

The closing ceremony concert could have been nice, however the coverage we got here had terrible sound quality. Extended bass, muffled mid range, completely flat upper range, plenty clipping and hard to hear the vocals. Most of the time the mix hardly qualified as stereo. Who ever did the sound should be fired.

It was a shame that the only thing I got to see of sailing was one clip of a capsized boat. At least the cycling events and triathlon were well covered.

crissindahouse said:

i really would like to know how usa or russia would be with 60 million population. or netherlands/australia with some more. but with russias decline in population i don't have to wait so long lol

€dit:

ok saw russias fast decline stopped some years ago.

Population, nor wealth, nor any other excuses people mentioned here have nothing to do to sports achievements. Infrastructure, social programs, sports popularity do. Mind I remind you that small GDR team managed to score 47 golds once, since reunification it's all the way down for Germany despite it got bigger and wealthier, while a lot of sports pros lost their jobs. Say, for the most part Chinese success in swimming belong to ex-GDR coaches. Though even in terms population growth Germany ain't in perfect shape, birth rate is atrociously low, lower than France, US, Russia, China etc.