By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

How long is the opening ceremony!!

OMGGG SO EXCITED!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
chocoloco said:
Bloody hell chaps I am so excited. Ready for all the Gold, Silver and Bronze and the constant playing of the , "star spangled banner." My biggest hope is Russia and China flop. To the rest of you all good luck and enjoy.

We need a lot of women's volleyball talk because it is the hottest olympic sport Oh yeeaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!

You spelled God Save the Queen incorrectly.

You spelt spelt correctly. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

chocoloco said:
Bloody hell chaps I am so excited. Ready for all the Gold, Silver and Bronze and the constant playing of the , "star spangled banner." My biggest hope is Russia and China flop. To the rest of you all good luck and enjoy.

We need a lot of women's volleyball talk because it is the hottest olympic sport Oh yeeaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, keep dreaming

Russia...maybe. But China? No way. I think it'll be, at the end of the games:

1. USA (113 medals, 58 gold)

2. China (109 medals, 55 gold)

3. UK (98 medals, 44 gold)

4. Russia (103 medals, 42 gold)

Just speculation. I think the hype and home turf, as well as the Tour De France success and extra funding, could just push Team GB into 3rd, above Russia. Or maybe they'll crack and fail, but I doubt it. No home country has done it yet, and I doubt it'll start now. The crowd will carry them.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ajescent said:
chocoloco said:

That will be there only to remind people what country the games are in not on the awards podium.

HOLY SHITBALLS!!

Not long now.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Ajescent said:
chocoloco said:

You spelt incorrectly incorrectly, but no more derailing guys!

And don't expect dominance from any country in any event. Bar maybe the US in swimming and Basketball, China in Gymnastics, and the UK in Sailing and Cycling...

The most open olympics in years? I think so, and we're hours away!

darthdevidem01 said:
Ajescent said:
chocoloco said:

So much win in that post, it's unbelieveable.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:
chocoloco said:

Heh, keep dreaming

Just speculation. I think the hype and home turf, as well as the Tour De France success and extra funding, could just push Team GB into 3rd, above Russia. Or maybe they'll crack and fail, but I doubt it. No home country has done it yet, and I doubt it'll start now. The crowd will carry them.

Is that something that usually happens? Or did you just throw it in there?:P

They came 4th last time, now they are on home ground, they could go fuirther, the target is for 3rd place.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:
chocoloco said:

Heh, keep dreaming

Is that something that usually happens? Or did you just throw it in there?:P

We got 47 medals with 19 golds last time out, up from 30 with 9 Gold. Assuming a similar increase (there was a LOT more funding, obviously) this time, we'd see 70 medals, with 33 Gold. But the home advantage and, as I said, the extra funding, should help push them up higher. That high? Maybe not. But 3rd? Perhaps. That's the target, and we got 4th, so who knows?

Conegamer said:
thehusbo said:
Really looking forward to the opening ceremony later! I've been lucky enough to walk around the Olympic park in several occasions and go to the world diving championships in the aquatic centre and it's looking excellent. I'm sure it will be a good show.

Nice! Have you been in the Velodrome by any chance? Now that's a nice building!

And the Basketball centre as well. It's huge for a temporary building!

Ye I've been in the velodrome. It's a fantastic building and the inside looks just as stunning as the outside. My concern however is what will happen with all these buildings when it's all over.. The amount of money put into it I just don't see how they wil make it all back.