By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Disappointing game you ever played?

Well anytime you get a long awaited sequel to a cherished classic game or franchise, the disappointment probability is always high.

Yoshi's Island DS was a pretty big disappointment, I must say. Uninspired level design compared to the original, the switching between babies thing was annoying, TERRIBLE music, and the collision / jump detection always seemed a bit off.

DKC Returns was also disappointing for me, mainly for removing the iconic Kremlings in favor of generic baddies, the ridiculous amount of mine cart / on rails levels compared to the classics, and the fact that some levels are nearly impossible without Diddy's jetpack, and with him as a mere buddy sidekick this time around rather than a fully playable 2nd character, that creates some problems.

Also Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts... for obvious reasons.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

GTA IV
Halo 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Skyrim

All big names and big games. All sequels to awesome games. All disappointed me deeply.

For me Metal Gear Solid 4, i even tried to like it but i just can't

Bagaren85 said:

Yakuza 3... i believed it could be in the same leauge as Shenmue, and even if it was not a bad game.. the feeling of mediocre was there a lot of the time i spent. Ninja Blade tough it did get mediocre critic, and from a good first hour it just did not get better.. I coldnt care more and i do love the genre and that is my weakness..

Yakuza 3 ? Oh no you didn't...

How on earth can someone be dissapointed by Yakuza 3 of all games. And don't you dare throw Shenmue in there for credibiltiy. Yeah, talking shit about PS3 games is one thing but Yakuza 3 another.

homer said:

Add me on psn then. Or did you play it in passing and made your verdict based on a short amount of gameplay you played at a friends/relatives/demo station.

I played it on my brother's PS3. Now stop acting like I'm being hypocritical or lying.

Around the Network

Uncharted 3 for me man that game is horrible based on all the reviews and hype for it thought it would be good. Lame attempt to make a game more movie like, silly really, movies will always be more superior in storytelling than games. Not interested in trying Uncharted 1 & 2 cause of it.

yum123 said:
no one should say ff 13 as much as people where dissapointed with it there are hundreds of games that are a million times crappier than that.

Yeah but the OP doesnt ask what was the crappiest game you have ever played...

The thing is FF13 is one of the most dissapointing games of all time. But its not so much because its a shitty game (it was imo) but more because of how expectations were spectacularly not met. I mean it was a new generation of consoles and the first main FF title in quite a long time. I remember when i was small thinking if only FF games had graphics like the cutscenes that would be great. Well the graphics was awesome but they completely fogot to actually make a FF game. Worst thing a developer/publisher can do to a franchise imo.

Its great to build/evolve on a franchise but to completely remove core features of a franchise is ridiculous.

I think you can guess at this point what my most disapointing game is :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Most likely have to say inFAMOUS 2. Had such high hopes with inFAMOUS 1 being one of my top 3 favorite games of all time. Feel like they changed almost everything about I1 that was good, two of the most significant things being the awesome combat involving challenging enemies and...the voice actor.

P.S. It cuts straight to my soul to hear ppl mention MGS4:( My all time favorite.

NintendoPie said:
homer said:

Add me on psn then. Or did you play it in passing and made your verdict based on a short amount of gameplay you played at a friends/relatives/demo station.

I played it on my brother's PS3. Now stop acting like I'm being hypocritical or lying.

Which game? The first one? Second one? Third one? Which level were you one? How long ago was this?

I was disappointed by Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I just got it off psn because it was on sale, but I wish I would have put that money toward Street Fighter.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Shinobi-san said:

The thing is FF13 is one of the most dissapointing games of all time. But its not so much because its a shitty game (it was imo) but more because of how expectations were spectacularly not met. I mean it was a new generation of consoles and the first main FF title in quite a long time. I remember when i was small thinking if only FF games had graphics like the cutscenes that would be great. Well the graphics was awesome but they completely fogot to actually make a FF game. Worst thing a developer/publisher can do to a franchise imo.

Its great to build/evolve on a franchise but to completely remove core features of a franchise is ridiculous.

I think you can guess at this point what my most disapointing game is :)

Some people are very vocal about how much XIII sucked thinking if they talk louder they are more right.

Yes, they did take the gamble of removing features turning the game into an action/rpg hybrid but they did invest everything in the very pillar of the Final Fantasy franchise which is the story, a grand fantasy story, a final fantasy.

And that was absolutely in order after the open world XII, a completely story driven Final Fantasy game and that's what I was expecting.

I'm not being apologetic, it's not the perfect game but I'm just sick and tired of the broken record bitching about XIII.