By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Disappointing game you ever played?

radishhead said:

Oh yeah I guess after playing MKW it would seem a bit dated- what year did you get it?

I think 2009 or 2010.

Around the Network

Posted this elsewhere a few minutes ago but my answer is WWE 12:

I bought WWE 12 for the Xbox 360 the day it came out last year. I had to have my DLC of THE ROCK (My favorite wrestler of the attitude era). I also paid an additional $20 for some sort of season pass of additional DLC. They had the stuff you pay money for on an entirely different server than the online component. With the online, you can play different types of matches and download additional wrestlers that other users have made, and download user created storylines, moves, etc. Anyway, the online component is a pretty important part of the game.

This part NEVER worked. I love wrestling but I tossed the game on the shelf. Whenever I tried to do anything, the game would always say "The servers for WWE 12 are unavailable right now" or something. After a while, I was like "fuck it". The servers only worked like 30% of the time back then. Well, my little nephew is a big wrestling fan and he's been coming over a lot this summer. We tried to play WWE 12 and, not only could we not go online and download stuff--it would log me off of Xbox Live! It's the only game that did this. We played Call of Duty and a couple of other games and they work great but WWE 12 is actually a broken game.

And this is my biggest fear of these online games. WWE 12 isn't even a year old and it's over and done. Hell, it actually never got started. My $60 a year for XBL and an additional $20 I payed for that season pass on top of the $60 I payed for a game I pre-ordered and NEVER got to really enjoy because it's broken and never got fixed. I wish there was some sort of class action law-suit I could file.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
I really wanted to like this game

Army of Two 40th day, I enjoyed the first one had and high expectations but wow was it lame.
Lord of the Rings Conquest was complete rubbish.
Trapt. Devils Deception was a really fun game. Trapt didn't have the same magic.

Killzone 3 though I had fun online and liked the split screen in the single player. The game lacked the polished and griddy war atmosphere Killzone 2 had.

I think the developer listed to the Cod fans by adding a lot more colour and increasing the characters speed.

I'd also like to add Resistance 2.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I cant choose just one sorry.

-Xenoblade (Wii)
-Xenosaga Episode II (PS2)
-Quest 64 (N64)
-Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
-Monster Hunter (the entire series)
-Resistance Retribution (PSP)
-Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)
-Mario Kart (GBA)
-Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)
-Star Fox Assault (GCN)
-Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (NDS)
-Midnight Club 2 (PC l0l)
-Pilotwings (SNES)
-GTA China Town Wars (PSP and NDS)
-Final Fantasy I (NES)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers (Wii)
-Soul Calibur Legends (Wii)
-Soul Calibur Broken Destiny (PSP)
-Final Fantasy Legend I (GB)
-Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)
-Soul Blazer (SNES)
-Streets of Rage 2 (SGEN)
-Streets of Rage 3 (SGEN)
-Jurassic Park (NES and SNES)
-Magic Knight Rayearth (SNES)
-Samurai Showdown (SNES)
-Kirby's Air Ride (GCN)
-WWE Smackdown VS Raw games after 2007 (Various)
-Dragon Ball Z Legacy of Goku (the whole series on GBA)
-Dawn of Mana (What a way to kill a great series, FU Squareenix FU)

Some others...too lazy to post them.

Did you seriously put Final Fantasy I in there? Come on now! You had expectations on that game based on what?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

I was super hyped about the game, I bought 3 magazines to read up more on it prior to the launch and probably reread the articles every day. And then when I played it the first 5 hours were pretty much bliss, the 5 hours after that I already felt a discord with the game, as exploration wasn't satisfying, neither were side missions or leveling or item hunting and then in my final 5 hours I finished the story, which was crap, and ran around the map bored out of my mind, not finding anything of interest to me.
After that I never allowed myself to become anywhere as hyped for a game release.

MGS4.

MGS3 is my favourite game of all time. MGS4... meh. Still a good game, but once the game ended I felt like this game did not live up to my expectations at all. I was very disappointed.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

NintendoPie said:
Mario Kart DS and most likely Uncharted.

Most likely Uncharted? So you haven't ever played it?

Also, Mariokart ds? That was the best Mariokart game of them all! Single player missions(something that should have been continued imo) and actually getting the battle modes right is what sets it apart in my opinion. They actually did balloon battle correctly unlike that horrible version on the wii. Shine runners was epic as well. Try Super Mariokart or Mariokart 64. Now those were crap.

As for me, Assassins Creed 2. Very boring. It might have gotten better later on, but it bored me to death.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

GTAIV.