By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Disappointing game you ever played?

inFamous - Expected a prototype-esque type of game, got a third person shooter

Super Mario 3D Land - Expected a fun "open" world game like Mario 64/Galaxy.

Final Fantasy XII - The combat was so dull, slow and boring. Too bad because I liked the story.

Final Fantasy XIII - While I absolutely love the characters, world, story, I can't get a grip with the combat. It's fast, yeah but so easy and boring it's a "press X" fest -.-

Marvel vs Crapcom 3 - Worst MvC game ever, and that's quite the achievment considering MvC 2 wasn't good.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII. I couldn't even push myself to finish the game, and I tend to finish almost every game I play.

And recently, Diablo 3. I'm currently playing through the game and it feels like a step backwards from Diablo 2.

DBZ Taiketsu
as a big Dbz fan i thought there was not a game based on it i wouldnt like
the game was basically unplayable and awful to watch

also MGS2 and 3
the weird story and clunky mechanics didnt hold up to the great storytelling and direction...

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Shinobi-san said:

The thing is FF13 is one of the most dissapointing games of all time. But its not so much because its a shitty game (it was imo) but more because of how expectations were spectacularly not met. I mean it was a new generation of consoles and the first main FF title in quite a long time. I remember when i was small thinking if only FF games had graphics like the cutscenes that would be great. Well the graphics was awesome but they completely fogot to actually make a FF game. Worst thing a developer/publisher can do to a franchise imo.

Its great to build/evolve on a franchise but to completely remove core features of a franchise is ridiculous.

I think you can guess at this point what my most disapointing game is :)

Some people are very vocal about how much XIII sucked thinking if they talk louder they are more right.

Yes, they did take the gamble of removing features turning the game into an action/rpg hybrid but they did invest everything in the very pillar of the Final Fantasy franchise which is the story, a grand fantasy story, a final fantasy.

And that was absolutely in order after the open world XII, a completely story driven Final Fantasy game and that's what I was expecting.

I'm not being apologetic, it's not the perfect game but I'm just sick and tired of the broken record bitching about XIII.

Final Fantasy is not just about  story...it is first and foremost a rpg game. It has been for the last decade the poster child for JRPG's.

I would have considered your argument had FF13 actually had a good story. But It was boring as hell, the characters just complained the entire time...

And you gonna have to get use to all the broken record bitchin cos its not going anywhere...when a developer messes up that much on such a popular franchise...people gonna bitch..ALOT!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

gtaiv
ff-x2
black and white 2 (boring game)
and most wii games that I tried the waggle controls get hold fast

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.