By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Disappointing game you ever played?

Killzone

It was hyped to be Sony's answer to Halo. I absolutely loved Halo and wanted more so I bought Killzone expecting it to be as good. Not even close. It was the most boring FPS game I have every played.

Spider-Man 3: Invasion of the Spider-Slayers

The first video game system that I bought with my own money was the original Gameboy. One year for Christmas I asked for Spider-Man 3. This was back when you only had the box to learn anything about the game. I loved Spider-Man and there was a cool looking alien monster on the box. It was confusing to play, the controls made no sense, and nothing I did could get me past the second level. Of course I pretended to like it for my parents sake, but I sure wish I had asked for Metroid II or the Spider-Man 1 which I've since heard is a much better game.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Mario Kart DS

I'm interested - how come?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

RE5 is a very good game, but a very disapointing one in pretty much every respect. Similar to FFXIII actually, and Super Paper Mario.

Super Mario 3D Land....boring as hell.

I would say Mario & Luigi: Partners in time and aswell Super Mario 3DLand.
The reason for why 3D land was very dissapointing for me was because the developers promised just as much gameplay as one of the Galaxy games (don't know which one) and the 8 extra worlds only had about 20% new content.

Mario & Luigi will also be in this list because, they made inferior characters and story, same goes for gameplay. It was just a drag to play with four characters, having to switch in some areas alot of times. I just hope that the easter egg in the theatre with the shroob in BIS, does not foreshadow anything on what will happen in the 4th game, if there is going to a fourth game.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
radishhead said:
NintendoPie said:
Mario Kart DS

It was extremely boring in my opinion. The controls just didn't work well and the graphics (even though I am not a Graphics Whore) were just plain bad. After playing the greatness that was MK:DD!! and MKW I guess this doesn't come as a surprise.

NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:
NintendoPie said:
Mario Kart DS

It was extremely boring in my opinion. The controls just didn't work well and the graphics (even though I am not a Graphics Whore) were just plain bad. After playing the greatness that was MK:DD!! and MKW I guess this doesn't come as a surprise.

Oh yeah I guess after playing MKW it would seem a bit dated- what year did you get it?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Resident Evil 5. I had such high hopes for it. It wasnt terrible but nowhere near as good as it should of been.

Gothic 3 and Final Fantasy XII ... neither game is actually bad. I just had really high expectations for both games and both were just "meh".

Final Fantasy X

Followed on from 3 of my favourite videogames of all time.  Took everything that was great about them and did the exact opposite.

It's not an overly 'bad' game per se, but my expectations for it were incredibly high and it actually ended up being distinctly average and nothing like a 'Final Fantasy' game to me.

Honourable mentions:

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

WipEout Fusion

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Bros Brawl

All games that I was incredibly hyped before because of what came before them but they turned out to be pretty damn disappointing!