By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - VGChartz PC Deals Thread - Guild Wars 2 $10 US this weekend (75% off)

Hey Basil! Worms is on sale just like you wanted!

I may get Battlefield Bad Company 2 if it goes on sale. I've been lacking a good military shooter on my PC.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
okr said:
I bet most of us already bought more than they planned to.

Yep and it isn´t even over yet

Do you recommend Worms Revolution? Is there a better "Worms" game?
Is it as fun as Plants vs. Zombies?

I have some questions:
- Does anyone know an easy way to fix the controller problem in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive? Everything work well except the analog sticks.
- Can I play co-op on Dead Island without using the internet? (internal LAN)

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Do you recommend Worms Revolution? Is there a better "Worms" game?
Is it as fun as Plants vs. Zombies?

Just don't ever buy a 3D worms game and you'll be fine. In my experience, Armageddon is the best one.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
pezus said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I have some questions:
- Does anyone know an easy way to fix the controller problem in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive? Everything work well except the analog sticks.

It isn't that easy, but it's supposed to work:

make an autoexec.cfg file and place it in the cfg directory. Make sure it's saved as a .cfg and not as text. Paste this into the file before saving. After entering the game press p to activate the controller mode. I haven't tried any automatic obtions yet as there might be bugs. But as far as I know this is the best solution. Does anyone have any other solution?

This is what you put into the cfg file:

bind "p" "exec controller.360.cfg;"
host_writeconfig

Couldn't you just execute controller.360.cfg automatically with autoexec? Or does it not work for some reason? Also, if the controller works except for analog sticks, it might be a more convenient solution to bind executing the file to some controller button instead, like the reload button. Of course it would mean executing the file every time you reload... But does it even affect the game if you do so?

Just throwing some ideas here, I don't really have any experience with Source engine .cfg files. :P

BasilZero said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I have some questions:

Its something to do with the source code I think (maybe)- I had a issue with L4D2 too and got it to work but the timing of my commands were slow so I just stayed playing with the keyboard+mouse xD.

Anyways, bought the last game I plan to buy and am done with steam summer sale!

Worms Armageddon for $3.74!

I've been playing Team Fortress 2 for more than 3 years with the controller and didn't face any problem. 

To play with the controller on CS:GO I have to write "exec 360.controller.cfg" every time I respawn.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'll try Pezus solution now. 

okr said:
I bet most of us already bought more than they planned to.

I've actually spent $22 less then i've meant to!  Mostly because  a lot of games fall into "Will be cheaper by the time i get to it"

I bought Euro truck simulator 2 a couple days ago. I saw it on sale for $10, and thought why not, I love all driving games, plus a huge open map with 12 countries to explore, day/night cycle, weather, rpg elements.

First it was a comedy of errors. I had my Logitech Force 3D pro all set up which worked fine at low speeds. But the steering with any axis was so sensitive at speed I kept ending up sideways and wedged in tunnels just trying to stay in my lane.

I set it all up again, this time with motioninjoy and the DS3. That works much better with steering. I still ended up crashing down an off-ramp and got stuck on top of a passenger car while merging and had to call assistance. Screw those people that won't let you in.

I'm getting better now, except for a speeding ticket now and then. The cockpit view is great, mirrors really work and are essential for good driving, as is looking into the corner with the right stick while driving in towns. No more pesky fines while clipping a car in a corner. The driving feels great, the trucks max out at 90kph, but it feels much faster with all that weight behind you while trying to stay inside the narrow lanes in the corners.

It's very addictive, levelling up, getting better cargo, longer routes, new places to explore. Very relaxing too, press R to bring up a list of radio stations in Europe. I was cruising through France while listening to Nostalgie France, UK listening to London radio (apparently Kate is having a baby), Radio 538 Armin van Buuren on the way to Rotterdam, Antenne Niedersachsen while hauling to Bremen with my driver yawning loudly and the screen starting to go dark because he needed a rest break. It would be great if they let the radio fade out in tunnels, and added static during lightning strikes to make it complete.

I bought it out of mild curiosity, now I'm addicted. I need to save up for a better truck, pay of my loan, expand my garage and hire some drivers, get more xp for longer routes and more dangerous materials and explore eastern Europe.

For the record so far... my purchases

Omerta The Arms Industry
Omerta Damsel in Distress DLC
Omerta The Con Artist DLC
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
NBA 2K13
System Shock 2
Anomaly Warzone Earth Retail
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack