By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - VGChartz PC Deals Thread - Guild Wars 2 $10 US this weekend (75% off)

SvennoJ said:

I bought Euro truck simulator 2 a couple days ago. I saw it on sale for $10, and thought why not, I love all driving games, plus a huge open map with 12 countries to explore, day/night cycle, weather, rpg elements.

First it was a comedy of errors. I had my Logitech Force 3D pro all set up which worked fine at low speeds. But the steering with any axis was so sensitive at speed I kept ending up sideways and wedged in tunnels just trying to stay in my lane.

I set it all up again, this time with motioninjoy and the DS3. That works much better with steering. I still ended up crashing down an off-ramp and got stuck on top of a passenger car while merging and had to call assistance. Screw those people that won't let you in.

I'm getting better now, except for a speeding ticket now and then. The cockpit view is great, mirrors really work and are essential for good driving, as is looking into the corner with the right stick while driving in towns. No more pesky fines while clipping a car in a corner. The driving feels great, the trucks max out at 90kph, but it feels much faster with all that weight behind you while trying to stay inside the narrow lanes in the corners.

It's very addictive, levelling up, getting better cargo, longer routes, new places to explore. Very relaxing too, press R to bring up a list of radio stations in Europe. I was cruising through France while listening to Nostalgie France, UK listening to London radio (apparently Kate is having a baby), Radio 538 Armin van Buuren on the way to Rotterdam, Antenne Niedersachsen while hauling to Bremen with my driver yawning loudly and the screen starting to go dark because he needed a rest break. It would be great if they let the radio fade out in tunnels, and added static during lightning strikes to make it complete.

I bought it out of mild curiosity, now I'm addicted. I need to save up for a better truck, pay of my loan, expand my garage and hire some drivers, get more xp for longer routes and more dangerous materials and explore eastern Europe.

watch out for the "stadtmusikanten" on your way to bremen!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

So I'm done with Steam Summer Sale! Got everything that I wanted and more XD (TLR will be for next big sale which I decided few days ago).

Thankfully got everything in daily/flash and not at regular sale - along with that I didnt spend more than $50 on all the games!

Half-Life Complete                                                         $9.99
Counter-Strike Complete                                              $7.49
Borderlands GOTY                                                          $7.49

Deus Ex Collection                                                          $5.99
Ys I & II Chronicles+                                                        $5.09

Worms Armageddon                                                      $3.74
Just Cause 2                                                                      $2.99

The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut                        $2.49
System Shock 2                                                                 $2.49

Just Cause                                                                           $1.39
Castle Crashers Blacksmith DLC                                     $0.24
Castle Crashers Pink Knight DLC                                    $0.24

Castle Crashers                                                               FREE VIA GIFT

Anomaly Warzone Earth                                              FREE VIA FACEBOOK PROMOTION
Organ Trail: Director's Cut                                           FREE VIA GIVEAWAY

TOTAL                                                                                   $49.63

------------------------

For my winter sale wishlist

-The Witcher 2
-Fallout 3
-Fallout New Vegas
-Far Cry
-Far Cry 2
-The Last Remnant
-Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
-Bully Scholarship Edition
-Borderlands 2 GOTY (Hopefully)

^ $50 mark as well hopefully with some additions or subtractions to this list.

don't forget the halloween and black friday sale!

pezus said:
BasilZero said:
pezus said:

Noooo, do not get Far Cry 2. This obsession with playing every game in a series is just madness! FC2 is very boring.

But but I like playing every game in a series XD.

Not if the game is boring and just not that good. :/

i bought more than 100 retail games for 360 alone this gen and fc2 was the most boring of all of them lol. 

aww, looks like I'm not getting Battlefield for cheap :(
Oh well.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I agree with pezus, Far Cry 2 is very boring.Environment is gloomy. They start shooting almost everywhere! I couldn't explore the map!

Around the Network

I want to play a good RPG game. I played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect series, KOTOR, and the Witcher series. I want a good looking game not a 20 years old one.

trasharmdsister12 said:
I take it everyone has got all the games they want at this point? 1 o'clock came and went and not even a peep in here.

I bet I'm one of the few who has yet to buy anything during the sale. As a matter of fact, I'm up one copy of Dungeon Defenders, and $1.22 from testing out selling cards... I love cards. I'm going to hoard them, and hope the sale price goes up.

BasilZero said:

Just Cause 1 for 96% off at the price of $0.27! ~ SPECIAL PROMOTION

I should of waited! I spent 1 dollar and 12 cents more XD

That's super cheap.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

pezus said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I want to play a good RPG game. I played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect series, KOTOR, and the Witcher series. I want a good looking game not a 20 years old one.

Dark Souls?

And have you played KOTOR II?

Torchlight II, Borderlands 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Shadowrun, well, returns in a few days: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234650/?snr=1_200_200_253_104_1

I played Dark Souls on My PS3. Borderland and Deux Ex I played them on my Xbox. 

Didn't like Torchlight.

Why do you think Shadowrun will be a good game?

damn yeah shadowrun, i think that is the first "big funded" kickstarter game to be released or was there a million project before from kickstarter which already released?

and it looks so nice!