By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart -- 07 July 2012

i wonder if halo4 will beat out halo 3

Around the Network

Just as a quick heads-up; it says it's the last week for The Last Story in the pre-order chart, but the release date is actually August 14th:

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Jay520 said:
enrageorange said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Hitman is going to be one of the Top 5 Selling PS360 multiplats for the holiday. Mark my words. It'll be under Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, and maybe Madden.

Mark my words... Mark it!!!!

I have marked your words. There is no way in hell that Hitman is gonna be one of the top 5 selling PS360 multiplats of the holiday though...perhaps top 15.

I admit that top 5 will require a bit of luck but top 10 is guaranteed.

Games that will almost definitely outsell hitman.

Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Fifa, Just Dance 3, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands(including pc), Madden(if you include all 7 gaming devices it will likely come out on). That is 7 games.

Games that have a very good chance at outselling hitman.

New Medal of Honor(previous game sold 5mil on consoles alone, almost guaranteed to outsell hitman).
NBA2k13(NBA2k12 sold nearly 5mil across all platforms so this is borderline guaranteed)
That is 2 games + 7 previous for a total of 9.

Games that can outsell hitman

New Need for Speed(Even The Run managed to sell over 3mil across all platforms and critics and users all agreed it was terrible. Now imagine a good NFS)
Dishonoured(Rage managed to sell 3mil with relatively average critic reviews and bad user ones. If dishonoured ends up being a good game expect big sales)
Far Cry 3(Far Cry 2 sold over 3mil. It is possible for hitman not to reach 3mil total)
That is 3 games + 9 for a total of 12.

For your sake I hope hitman managed to outsell need for speed, far cry, and dishonoured and just get into the top 10.

The Hell did all them games come from? They must have slipped my mind. Anyway, keep in mind I was only talking about ps3 & 360 sales so they should bump it up a spot or two.

Edit: I also forgot Hitman will be releasing fairly late into the year (Nov 20) so it looks like it doesn't have a chance at all.

Haha, it went from guaranteed top 5 to not even top 10.

1. Call of Duty
2. Assassin's Creed
3. FIFA 13
4. Resident Evil 6
5. Borderlands 2
6. Medal of Honor Warfighter
7. Far Cry 3
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 13
9. Madden
10. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Hitman will battle with Darksiders 2 for the 11th place.

I really really want Darksiders 2 to sell well, so at least you most likely won against me. Fanboy dreams lol.

In 2 weeks MW3 total pre-orders should overtake Halo 4 total pre-orders.

Hopefully Halo 4 starts to pick up again soon.

cod: black ops 2 vs. cod: modern warfare 3

xbox 360:

243,392 vs. 471392 (-48.4%)

playstation 3:

143,019 vs. 203,019 (-29.6%)

total:

386,411 vs. 674,411 (-42.7%)

that's a big decline until now, will be interesting to see in 10 weeks or so.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:
enrageorange said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Hitman is going to be one of the Top 5 Selling PS360 multiplats for the holiday. Mark my words. It'll be under Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, , and maybe Madden.

Mark my words... Mark it!!!!

I have marked your words. There is no way in hell that Hitman is gonna be one of the top 5 selling PS360 multiplats of the holiday though...perhaps top 15.

I admit that top 5 will require a bit of luck but top 10 is guaranteed.

Games that will almost definitely outsell hitman.

Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Fifa, Just Dance 3, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands(including pc), Madden(if you include all 7 gaming devices it will likely come out on). That is 7 games.

Games that have a very good chance at outselling hitman.

New Medal of Honor(previous game sold 5mil on consoles alone, almost guaranteed to outsell hitman).
NBA2k13(NBA2k12 sold nearly 5mil across all platforms so this is borderline guaranteed)
That is 2 games + 7 previous for a total of 9.

Games that can outsell hitman

New Need for Speed(Even The Run managed to sell over 3mil across all platforms and critics and users all agreed it was terrible. Now imagine a good NFS)
Dishonoured(Rage managed to sell 3mil with relatively average critic reviews and bad user ones. If dishonoured ends up being a good game expect big sales)
Far Cry 3(Far Cry 2 sold over 3mil. It is possible for hitman not to reach 3mil total)
That is 3 games + 9 for a total of 12.

For your sake I hope hitman managed to outsell need for speed, far cry, and dishonoured and just get into the top 10.

The Hell did all them games come from? They must have slipped my mind. Anyway, keep in mind I was only talking about ps3 & 360 sales so they should bump it up a spot or two.

Edit: I also forgot Hitman will be releasing fairly late into the year (Nov 20) so it looks like it doesn't have a chance at all.

Haha, it went from guaranteed top 5 to not even top 10.

1. Call of Duty
2. Assassin's Creed
3. FIFA 13
4. Resident Evil 6
5. Borderlands 2
6. Medal of Honor Warfighter
7. Far Cry 3
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 13
9. Madden
10. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Hitman will battle with Darksiders 2 for the 11th place.

I really really want Darksiders 2 to sell well, so at least you most likely won against me. Fanboy dreams lol.

I think it'll beat the last four games on your list in lifetime sales at least

I think most of you are wrong, or maybe I am. The best-selling game of 2012 worldwide will be Pokemon White 2 and Black 2! They are only on one platform but they sell like hot cakes. The best-selling game in the US would have to be Call of Duty hands down. I'm not of been fan of COD but it does have a large user base.

Noel_Kreiss said:
I think most of you are wrong, or maybe I am. The best-selling game of 2012 worldwide will be Pokemon White 2 and Black 2! They are only on one platform but they sell like hot cakes. The best-selling game in the US would have to be Call of Duty hands down. I'm not of been fan of COD but it does have a large user base.

We still have two 2D Mario games coming.

Noel_Kreiss said:

You think Pokemon will outsell Black Ops II?

Jay520 said:
Noel_Kreiss said:

You think Pokemon will outsell Black Ops II?

Worldwide in 2012 Pokemon will be the best-selling game! I'm positive of it. It's already sold 2 million copies in less than 2 weeks in Japan. Lifetime sales however, COD will eclipse it. We'll just have to wait and see! :)