By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart -- 07 July 2012

NintendoPie said:
crissindahouse said:

it's exactly the opposite^^ from last week or the week before:

"Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360) added 24,809 pre-orders, up from 22,855 last week, for a total of 207,014. The game has fallen 182,000 pre-orders behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (X360) during the same week before release."

"Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3) added 8,156 pre-orders, down from 10,232 last week, for a total of 127,744. The game has fallen 51,000 pre-orders behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)"

so, xbox version was at 207k compared to 389k for mw3 and ps3 was at ~128k compared to 179k for mw3

360 mw lost almost half ot the preorders compared to last year.

360 is still peaking on the charts. PS3 hasn't and is down (by number of position) on the charts. They are usually really close to each other by position. This time they are not, that is what I was talking about. Btw, a drop for the PS3 version is quite big if by any number as 360 is where most of CoD's sales are at. 51K is quite the big drop, still.

what you say makes no sense:

margin between ps3 and 360 was 210k last year and only 79k this year (numbers are from 30. june). the margin between ps3 and xbox cod is only a third of what it was last year.

(numbers from 30. june)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250238/usa-preorders-chart-30-june-2012-kingdom-hearts-3d-climbs-the-chart/

if you want it easier, juts watch the graphs. you see a much bigger decline for 360 cod.

the number of position is absolutely irrelevant when the ps3 cod only lost positions because of xbox games...

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

margin between ps3 and 360 was 210k last year and only 79k this year (numbers are from 30. june). the margin between ps3 and xbox cod is only a third of what it was last year.

You are not getting what I am saying though.

The position is what I'm happy about overall. That's why I was happy.

Then I said any drop for PS3 CoD sales (even if it is "smaller" than 360 CoD) is still big as PS3 CoD games don't sell as well as 360 CoD games. It's kind of hard to explain.

You are right with the numbers but what I'm saying also makes sense. Do you get it now? xD

NintendoPie said:
crissindahouse said:

You are not getting what I am saying though.

The position is what I'm happy about overall. That's why I was happy.

Then I said any drop for PS3 CoD sales (even if it is "smaller" than 360 CoD) is still big as PS3 CoD games don't sell as well as 360 CoD games. It's kind of hard to explain.

You are right with the numbers but what I'm saying also makes sense. Do you get it now? xD

yes i understand what you want to say but it makes no sense and doesn't make it more true^^  position is abolutely unnecessary.

xbox version lost more in total preorders, lost more percentual (important for the bolded part)  and the gap between ps3 and 360 cod is only a third of what it was last year and you compliment the ps3 community for ignoring cod so much this year because it is as example behind halo 4 in the chart.

crissindahouse said:

yes i understand what you want to say but it makes no sense and doesn't make it more true^^  position is abolutely unnecessary.

xbox version lost more in total preorders, lost more percentual (important for the bolded part)  and the gap between ps3 and 360 cod is only a third of what it was last year and you compliment the ps3 community for ignoring cod so much this year because it is as example behind halo 4 in the chart.

Yes. And I still don't think you know what I'm getting at precisely.

Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Hitman is going to be one of the Top 5 Selling PS360 multiplats for the holiday. Mark my words. It'll be under Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, and maybe Madden.

Mark my words... Mark it!!!!

I have marked your words. There is no way in hell that Hitman is gonna be one of the top 5 selling PS360 multiplats of the holiday though...perhaps top 15.

I admit that top 5 will require a bit of luck but top 10 is guaranteed.

Wanna bet?

Not really, I already have too many bets going on to keep up with.

You seem to forget WiiU. Considering it releases this holiday season, that it'll probably come with bundled SW and that NSMBU is gonna sell tons like Super Mario always does, and added to the titles already mentioned, I very much doubt it'll be in the top 5.

It should be in the top 10 though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Hitman is going to be one of the Top 5 Selling PS360 multiplats for the holiday. Mark my words. It'll be under Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, and maybe Madden.

I have marked your words. There is no way in hell that Hitman is gonna be one of the top 5 selling PS360 multiplats of the holiday though...perhaps top 15.

Wanna bet?

Not really, I already have too many bets going on to keep up with.

You seem to forget WiiU. Considering it releases this holiday season, that it'll probably come with bundled SW and that NSMBU is gonna sell tons like Super Mario always does, and added to the titles already mentioned, I very much doubt it'll be in the top 5.

It should be in the top 10 though.

When I said PS360 multiplats, I meant exclusively multiplats for the ps3 & 360.

Jay520 said:

When I said PS360 multiplats, I meant exclusively multiplats for the ps3 & 360.

Lol, sorry. After reading the whole thread I forgot you were referring to PS3 multiplats.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Think COD has finally peaked....but still gonna sell several millions 360/PS3 combined.

ANyone know why MS hasnt done a public Halo 4 beta? cause that would have done wonders.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:

Games that will almost definitely outsell hitman.

Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Fifa, Just Dance 3, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands(including pc), Madden(if you include all 7 gaming devices it will likely come out on). That is 7 games.

Games that have a very good chance at outselling hitman.

New Medal of Honor(previous game sold 5mil on consoles alone, almost guaranteed to outsell hitman).
NBA2k13(NBA2k12 sold nearly 5mil across all platforms so this is borderline guaranteed)
That is 2 games + 7 previous for a total of 9.

Games that can outsell hitman

New Need for Speed(Even The Run managed to sell over 3mil across all platforms and critics and users all agreed it was terrible. Now imagine a good NFS)
Dishonoured(Rage managed to sell 3mil with relatively average critic reviews and bad user ones. If dishonoured ends up being a good game expect big sales)
Far Cry 3(Far Cry 2 sold over 3mil. It is possible for hitman not to reach 3mil total)
That is 3 games + 9 for a total of 12.

For your sake I hope hitman managed to outsell need for speed, far cry, and dishonoured and just get into the top 10.

enrageorange said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:

Games that will almost definitely outsell hitman.

Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Fifa, Just Dance 3, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands(including pc), Madden(if you include all 7 gaming devices it will likely come out on). That is 7 games.

Games that have a very good chance at outselling hitman.

New Medal of Honor(previous game sold 5mil on consoles alone, almost guaranteed to outsell hitman).
NBA2k13(NBA2k12 sold nearly 5mil across all platforms so this is borderline guaranteed)
That is 2 games + 7 previous for a total of 9.

Games that can outsell hitman

New Need for Speed(Even The Run managed to sell over 3mil across all platforms and critics and users all agreed it was terrible. Now imagine a good NFS)
Dishonoured(Rage managed to sell 3mil with relatively average critic reviews and bad user ones. If dishonoured ends up being a good game expect big sales)
Far Cry 3(Far Cry 2 sold over 3mil. It is possible for hitman not to reach 3mil total)
That is 3 games + 9 for a total of 12.

For your sake I hope hitman managed to outsell need for speed, far cry, and dishonoured and just get into the top 10.

The Hell did all them games come from? They must have slipped my mind. Anyway, keep in mind I was only talking about ps3 & 360 sales so they should bump it up a spot or two.

Edit: I also forgot Hitman will be releasing fairly late into the year (Nov 20) so it looks like it doesn't have a chance at all.