By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham sequel could be 50s prequel

Tagged games:

M.U.G.E.N said:

I would spoiler tag that first bit...and dunno if you noticed..the ending showed it was not the 'end'

what the heck do you mean just mountains? sorry i can't take your opinion seriously after a statement like that....you generalize way way too much.  SO batman has always been in a city...and in the US.  the boss fights were different in gow of war too..i wish you and xxain would use the same methods of measurements to both games and not just gow.  The gameplay have made some real significant changes, both combat and movement.

Have you see elephants in greece? The goats, the elephants are oozing african/asian (southern/south east) influence. and why ignore the multiplayer?! it's a huge change for the series as I explained above..and it plays very differently too

change is there,,,gotta go more than skin deep to see it. Which I'm sure is the case with batman as well

tagged it.

And yes ot showed the end of Kratos, not of the series but of Kratos

I did not say just mountains, but you always end up somewhere in the mountains(You know its true). God of War has 5 games and Batman 2 (from Rocksteady) you can´t measure them equally.

I know there where changes, I already said that. They attached the "magic" to the weapons which as not a real improvement imo, and they made you climb a  Titan who climbs a mountain. And climbing was not really new, we already had that in God of War 2. And those Goats are from the very first God of War game, except the big one, now they just look better.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I would spoiler tag that first bit...and dunno if you noticed..the ending showed it was not the 'end'

what the heck do you mean just mountains? sorry i can't take your opinion seriously after a statement like that....you generalize way way too much.  SO batman has always been in a city...and in the US.  the boss fights were different in gow of war too..i wish you and xxain would use the same methods of measurements to both games and not just gow.  The gameplay have made some real significant changes, both combat and movement.

Have you see elephants in greece? The goats, the elephants are oozing african/asian (southern/south east) influence. and why ignore the multiplayer?! it's a huge change for the series as I explained above..and it plays very differently too

change is there,,,gotta go more than skin deep to see it. Which I'm sure is the case with batman as well

tagged it.

I did not say just mountains, but you always end up somewhere in the mountains(You know its true). God of War has 5 games and Batman 2 (from Rocksteady) you can´t measure them equally.

I know there where changes, I already said that. They attached the "magic" to the weapons which as not a real improvement imo, and they made you climb a  Titan who climbs a mountain. And climbing was not really new, we already had that in God of War 2. And those Goats are from the very first God of War game, except the big one, now they just look better.

no he didn't >_> did you not wait until credits role?

I think you are mistaking the landscape in greece and greek mythology here...we have seen kratos in cities, mountains, on titans, in the sea as well. Mountainous regions are a huge part of greek mythology and greece in general. It's like complaining about buildings in batman games. We are again talking about santa monica here, they have 3 GOW games not 5. If you can't measure them equally then you shouldn't try to draw comparisons either. Not sure what you mean no real improvement 0_o the time freezing changes gameplay and puzzles dramatically. and even the combat itself is different now. I honestly don't remember goats in gow 1 tbh...but it's definitely asian/african influence in the new game for sure...

and again don't just ignore the biggest 'known' change..the multiplayer..which is I repeat, a huge risk and change for the series.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

I think you are mistaking the landscape in greece and greek mythology here...we have seen kratos in cities, mountains, on titans, in the sea as well. Mountainous regions are a huge part of greek mythology and greece in general. It's like complaining about buildings in batman games. We are again talking about santa monica here, they have 3 GOW games not 5. If you can't measure them equally then you shouldn't try to draw comparisons either. Not sure what you mean no real improvement 0_o the time freezing changes gameplay and puzzles dramatically. and even the combat itself is different now. I honestly don't remember goats in gow 1 tbh...but it's definitely asian/african influence in the new game for sure...

and again don't just ignore the biggest 'known' change..the multiplayer..which is I repeat, a huge risk and change for the series.

Yep the goates where there

Sometimes I think people just read what and how they want. It should not take part in greece, it should take part somewhere else, Egyt, Germany in space I don´t care just something different. What I meant with improvement was that every weapon had their own special ability like the souls and the hades weapon(did not like that). And I can´t tell you how much I care about GoW MP. The only Multiplayer I play is Fifa, not even Gran Tourismo. It is like the Bioshock MP, not necessary. And I am sure the MP will replace the challenges, which would be rather unpleasant.

AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yep the goates where there

Sometimes I think people just read what and how they want. It should not take part in greece, it should take part somewhere else, Egyt, Germany in space I don´t care just something different. What I meant with improvement was that every weapon had their own special ability like the souls and the hades weapon(did not like that). And I can´t tell you how much I care about GoW MP. The only Multiplayer I play is Fifa, not even Gran Tourismo. It is like the Bioshock MP, not necessary. And I am sure the MP will replace the challenges, which would be rather unpleasant.

I was one of the most vocal around here in saying I would love to see a gow in norse mythology. But there's so much mythology and history in greek mythology that have yet to be addressed in GOW games.So I have no problem whatsoever if this one is 100% in greece..and mind you, we don't even know that yet. The cover art for gameinformer shows Kratos fighting a giant bat, in what seems like a snowy environment. SO I wouldn't be surprised if we see locations outside of greece as well. And I didn't misread, just pointing out the reason for the 'mountains' you were talking about.

see now the MP aspect is just subjective..it could be bioshock ..or it could be like Uncharted. Now I can't even think of a uncharted game on a future sony home console WITHOUT the MP...it adds so much to the overall experience and is a lot of fun. It may not be your cup of tea but doesn't mean we should disregard it as if it's not a big change, when it reality it is. A new challenge to the devs should appreciated, especially when no one has yet to even play it to claim it's not good. I for one have been waiting for a great melee based multiplayer for a long long time. That's why I am really excited for GOW A and Anarchy Reigns. So far the GOW MP seems like it has a lot of depth too which is great to see. You can not change the criteria in criticizing one from the other based on personal preferences like this. It makes no sense.

I think they will make even bigger changes for GOW 4 ..time will tell if I'm right or not

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

I was one of the most vocal around here in saying I would love to see a gow in norse mythology. But there's so much mythology and history in greek mythology that have yet to be addressed in GOW games.So I have no problem whatsoever if this one is 100% in greece..and mind you, we don't even know that yet. The cover art for gameinformer shows Kratos fighting a giant bat, in what seems like a snowy environment. SO I wouldn't be surprised if we see locations outside of greece as well. And I didn't misread, just pointing out the reason for the 'mountains' you were talking about.

see now the MP aspect is just subjective..it could be bioshock ..or it could be like Uncharted. Now I can't even think of a uncharted game on a future sony home console WITHOUT the MP...it adds so much to the overall experience and is a lot of fun. It may not be your cup of tea but doesn't mean we should disregard it as if it's not a big change, when it reality it is. A new challenge to the devs should appreciated, especially when no one has yet to even play it to claim it's not good. I for one have been waiting for a great melee based multiplayer for a long long time. That's why I am really excited for GOW A and Anarchy Reigns. So far the GOW MP seems like it has a lot of depth too which is great to see. You can not change the criteria in criticizing one from the other based on personal preferences like this. It makes no sense.

I think they will make even bigger changes for GOW 4 ..time will tell if I'm right or not

This is so freakin Ironic

I have not seen this pictures, could you post them?

But maybe you are about the MP. I did not played much Uncharted MP but I love the Mass Effect Multiplayer, and perhaps this one will be pretty good, I just don´t care yet. I will buy this game anyway, and I supposse you will as well, and we shall continue this discussion then.

Around the Network

Whoops thought this was Batman thread, didn't realize it was about God of War.

Darc Requiem said:
Whoops thought this was Batman thread, didn't realize it was about God of War.

Well it was suppossed to be.

Still every Batman comment is welcome.

Make it happen captain. I'm not exactly sure where Rocksteady could go after AC, but a prequel would work great. It would explain a lot along with setting up a sequel to the AC, if they do it right.

Xxain said:
forgot batman.

RS has made 2!!! batman games with Metroid core fumula. GoW has six installments. 2 is to young to be complaining about growing Stale ... 6 is. Hell 4 is to long for series to go without any changes 6 is definitely overdue

This. That's why I rent the GoW games now. It's the same thing over and over: same simple combat with the box, box, triangle combo, Kratos being angry at everyone (which btw the whole thing started because of him being a wuss), QTEs to end boss fights, etc. I noticed that my favorite GoW games were the first two, probably because they were the freshest. The others felt same ol', which is why I didn't enjoy them as much.

AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

tagged it.

I think the overall weapons system they ended up with was fantastic at the end of the third game, where you can switch them up mid combo. Compare that with what we had in the first game and you'll realize (maybe) how much it has changed (for the better)

I do agree with you, that a change in setting (Norse or Egyptian while keeping the name of the IP) will be extraordinarily epic, but I'm not tired of these games enough to be disappointed by what we have been shown so far.