By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham sequel could be 50s prequel

Tagged games:

Mirson said:
Xxain said:
forgot batman.

RS has made 2!!! batman games with Metroid core fumula. GoW has six installments. 2 is to young to be complaining about growing Stale ... 6 is. Hell 4 is to long for series to go without any changes 6 is definitely overdue

This. That's why I rent the GoW games now. It's the same thing over and over: same simple combat with the box, box, triangle combo, Kratos being angry at everyone (which btw the whole thing started because of him being a wuss), QTEs to end boss fights, etc. I noticed that my favorite GoW games were the first two, probably because they were the freshest. The others felt same ol', which is why I didn't enjoy them as much.

You know... you don't HAVE to use box, box, triangle right ? I'd imagine that would be very boring.

Around the Network

So guys... how 'bout that Batman?

Honestly, I'd be kind of disappointed if they didn't expand on the mythos they worked on from the Asylum/City games. There's some really neat places they could go with the third installment, and to be honest... the ending of Arkham City really opened things up for a new Batman villain to step up to the plate.

We've already gotten hints of Scarecrow planning something big... and I'd really like it if Rocksteady gave Two-Face some more time in the spotlight (his role in AC was a tad disappointing). Going back to the Joker (as this rumor says) would just be... more of the same. We've had him for two games now, and while he's great... it's time for someone new.

Regardless, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are some of my favorite games this generation. I can't wait to see what the team comes up with next.

too bad, I was really into the story line they've developed so far, silver age batman is quite lame, and speak of changes, how about batman not fighting joker for a change? as great as Mark Hamill is, I'm getting tired of seeing joker in every game, there are so many other villains they would have used.

here is hoping we get to fight superman and kick his ass.

iBlah said:
too bad, I was really into the story line they've developed so far, silver age batman is quite lame, and speak of changes, how about batman not fighting joker for a change? as great as Mark Hamill is, I'm getting tired of seeing joker in every game, there are so many other villains they would have used.

here is hoping we get to fight superman and kick his ass.

I would like to see some Batcar parts as well, and not just as a cutsecne but actual driving. Or Batwing or Batboat. While the gameplay should stay majorly the same because it is very good. There is planty room for change

1) The GoW formula does change. Not on a large scale but it does.

2) When I buy GoW:A according to some of you guys i'm getting two games instead of just one. I find that interesting.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America.

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill voiced Batman and the Joker, respectively, in the previous games. Hamill has already said he won't be back to play the villain in the next game.

Here is the original source:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056432

This would be pretty cool. It would show that they are ready to change things unlike Sony Santa Monica.

Why? What's wrong with Sony Santa Monica? God of War: Ascension looks so fresh and new! HE NOW PICKS UP ENEMY WEAPONS AND CAN REVERSE TIME!!! Seriously, I never knew I could be so uninterested in a GoW game, but man, when I saw that gameplay at E3, I was like "OK! NEXT?!" It's a great franchise, and Ascension will probably be fun to play, but my lord, can they not try something different?!

I always itch for new IPs when the generation starts nearing its end. Especially because the developers have such a good handle on the hardware that they can create the best ideas (very much like how God of War exploded at the end of the PS2 generation).

I am not fully decided on whether I will get Ascension, but I really hope the studio surprises us with something special. But I feel like they already displayed all the new stuff, multiplayer, enemy weapons, new enemy types, time reversal (or whatever that was). And for some reason, none of it impressed me. 

I think I have turned into one of those extremely high maintenance girlfriends that expect the world from their boyfriends. Hahahaha!

MessiaH said:
AndrewWK said:

New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America.

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill voiced Batman and the Joker, respectively, in the previous games. Hamill has already said he won't be back to play the villain in the next game.

This would be pretty cool. It would show that they are ready to change things unlike Sony Santa Monica.

Why? What's wrong with Sony Santa Monica? God of War: Ascension looks so fresh and new! HE NOW PICKS UP ENEMY WEAPONS AND CAN REVERSE TIME!!! Seriously, I never knew I could be so uninterested in a GoW game, but man, when I saw that gameplay at E3, I was like "OK! NEXT?!" It's a great franchise, and Ascension will probably be fun to play, but my lord, can they not try something different?!

I always itch for new IPs when the generation starts nearing its end. Especially because the developers have such a good handle on the hardware that they can create the best ideas (very much like how God of War exploded at the end of the PS2 generation).

I am not fully decided on whether I will get Ascension, but I really hope the studio surprises us with something special. But I feel like they already displayed all the new stuff, multiplayer, enemy weapons, new enemy types, time reversal (or whatever that was). And for some reason, none of it impressed me. 

I think I have turned into one of those extremely high maintenance girlfriends that expect the world from their boyfriends. Hahahaha

You are girl?

And I am not discussing GoW anymore. I have said what I have to say. I will buy it out of respect and because I love the God of War franchise but I am sceptical until they proof me wrong.

Maybe you have an opinion about Batman? Have you played it? No? You really should try the Arkham duology.

sounds cool. I like the concept of this.

AndrewWK said:
MessiaH said:
AndrewWK said:

I think I have turned into one of those extremely high maintenance girlfriends that expect the world from their boyfriends. Hahahaha

You are girl?

And I am not discussing GoW anymore. I have said what I have to say. I will buy it out of respect and because I love the God of War franchise but I am sceptical until they proof me wrong.

Maybe you have an opinion about Batman? Have you played it? No? You really should try the Arkham duology.

No dude, I was just kidding, I got nothing but penis in my pants. Hahahaha, sorry to dissappoint you! I will probably buy GoW because its a solid franchise, but I am kinda tired of it. As for Batman, yes, I played Asylum and City and they are some of the best games of this generation and in videogaming in general. So masterfully crafted!