By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham sequel could be 50s prequel

Tagged games:

I was not xxpecting to high jack this thread. I will return it to the OP. I do not consider "ehancements" like stories, graphics, music,MP as Game design. Show me something that ascends GoW passed just another GoW at the core game and I will correct myself.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
wtf?!? how did this thread become a let's trash GoW thread?!?!

One line was apparently enough. I hoped people would talk about Batman and where it should go and how it should look.

I can understand wanting change. That's completely reasonable. Everyone has opinions.

I just don't agree with Xxain who is implying that God of War HAS to change or it will diminish in quality or success.

AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
what's the comment about santa monica about? :S

Ascension is the 6th(?) GoW and looks just like every other GoW.

if you just go by appearence yes. They are trying quite a few new things with the game from what we have seen already. This isn't even being 'creative' ..they are just using a different already existing comic book line.

I am sure they will change the setting at least. And they changed a lot from Asylum to city. Of course GoW had some changes from the first to the last, but those changes where so unsignificant that nobody really cared. It is always the same, same character same setting, same gameplay. You can deny it, but it is true. I am a huge GoW fan but I was hoping the next installment would feature a new character and a new setting. And we will the same old. I am looking foward to this if it becomes true. I am not very familiar about Silver-Age Batman but Rocksteady has done a great job with Arkham, and I am sure they will with this one as well.

ugh lol no. what is this 'setting' you talk of? Greece? what next..batman was set in the USA...same setting too going by that logic..it's the same darn thing. same character too..kratos...and batman. heck we don't even know the locations in the gow A yet...the enemy designs look like they were inspired by african/asian cultures too

and what do you mean more changed in batman? Ffs god of war went from a gods servent to fighting on climbing TITANS! how is that the same old same old...let's do the same to batman...he went from indoors...to outdoors >_>

and gameplay has changed...the gameplay videos for SP GOW A already showed those changes..if you are an actual fan you should have noticed that easily.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

AndrewWK said:
kitler53 said:

One line was apparently enough. I hoped people would talk about Batman and where it should go and how it should look.

then you shouldn't have brought in Santa Monica into this..it's your fault.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
kitler53 said:

It's your own fault for mentioning them. Since you've mentioned Santa Monica in the OP, any discussion of Santa Monica is officially ON-TOPIC.

Geez.. Jay, I never said GoW not changing would its success or Sells just that it would be the last time GoW could away with it being more of the same. People will start complaining about it being to similar to previous entries. Now im really gone

btw you made it on topic andrew

M.U.G.E.N said:
AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

if you just go by appearence yes. They are trying quite a few new things with the game from what we have seen already. This isn't even being 'creative' ..they are just using a different already existing comic book line.

I am sure they will change the setting at least. And they changed a lot from Asylum to city. Of course GoW had some changes from the first to the last, but those changes where so unsignificant that nobody really cared. It is always the same, same character same setting, same gameplay. You can deny it, but it is true. I am a huge GoW fan but I was hoping the next installment would feature a new character and a new setting. And we will the same old. I am looking foward to this if it becomes true. I am not very familiar about Silver-Age Batman but Rocksteady has done a great job with Arkham, and I am sure they will with this one as well.

ugh lol no. what is this 'setting' you talk of? Greece? what next..batman was set in the USA...same setting too going by that logic..it's the same darn thing. same character too..kratos...and batman. heck we don't even know the locations in the gow A yet...the enemy designs look like they were inspired by african/asian cultures too

and what do you mean more changed in batman? Ffs god of war went from a gods servent to fighting on climbing TITANS! how is that the same old same old...let's do the same to batman...he went from indoors...to outdoors >_>

and gameplay has changed...the gameplay videos for SP GOW A already showed those changes..if you are an actual fan you should have noticed that easily.

I don´t know if you noticed but Kratos killed himself in the 3rd part, that should have been the end of Kratos. But those cowards had not the balls to continue with a new one, so they just brought the old one back. I mean I love Kratos, but he had his his epos. It is time to write a new one. Bring a new hero, I don´t care if it is Thor or anybody else, just start a new one. Instead of changing the Hero they just made Kratos´ arms skinnier (seriously they are much smaller). And yes with setting I mean greece, greek mountains to specific. He is always somewhere in the mountains. And yes I really appreciated the Titans fights in the 3rd part, they where awesome. The gameplay is not a big problem because it is very good, they changed it a bit but nothing significant. And what monster looks african/asian to you? The Elephant?

Batman became open world, the boss fights where much different and you could play with other characters.

Xxain said:
Geez.. Jay, I never said GoW not changing would its success or Sells just that it would be the last time GoW could away with it being more of the same. People will start complaining about it being to similar to previous entries. Now im really gone

btw you made it on topic andrew

My mistake then. I misinterpreted your point. You may be right then. People may grow old of GoW. I'm not sure. But GoWA could be the last God of War for a while, so we may not get a chance to find put.

AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
AndrewWK said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

that should have been the end of Kratos. But those cowards had not the balls to continue with a new one, so they just brought the old one back. I mean I love Kratos, but he had his his epos. It is time to write a new one. Bring a new hero, I don´t care if it is Thor or anybody else, just start a new one. Instead of changing the Hero they just made Kratos´ arms skinnier (seriously they are much smaller). And yes with setting I mean greece, greek mountains to specific. He is always somewhere in the mountains. And yes I really appreciated the Titans fights in the 3rd part, they where awesome. The gameplay is not a big problem because it is very good, they changed it a bit but nothing significant. And what monster looks african/asian to you? The Elephant?

Batman became open world, the boss fights where much different and you could play with other characters.

I would spoiler tag that first bit...and dunno if you noticed..the ending showed it was not the 'end'

what the heck do you mean just mountains? sorry i can't take your opinion seriously after a statement like that....you generalize way way too much.  SO batman has always been in a city...and in the US.  the boss fights were different in gow of war too..i wish you and xxain would use the same methods of measurements to both games and not just gow.  The gameplay have made some real significant changes, both combat and movement.

Have you see elephants in greece? The goats, the elephants are oozing african/asian (southern/south east) influence. and why ignore the multiplayer?! it's a huge change for the series as I explained above..and it plays very differently too

change is there,,,gotta go more than skin deep to see it. Which I'm sure is the case with batman as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!