By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NintendoPie said:
Pyro as Bill said:
NintendoPie said:
Are you joking around? You know this is supposed to be Rol's job, right?

(If you aren't joking then you are really confused.)

Trust me kid.

I can smell when Nintendo is heading down.

Well your Nintendo Senses must be off.

They may not do as good as Wii did but they won't fail as badly as you are predicting.

Cries a river

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

The guy from MS who said that WiU is little more than a 360 is correct.

Kinect sold more 360s than 3D did for the PS3 or 3DS.

PREDICTION: Kinect will sell more 360s/720s than an extra (controller) screen will for Wii-U.

The extra screen WILL NOT sell the Wii-U.

PREDICTION: Not a single 'assymetric gameplay' game will hit 10M or 20M. 

Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing. A year in and we're already seeing the 3DSXL. Desperation. 2D Mari-U will do no more for WiiU than MK7 did for 3ds. The extra screen will hardly be used after the first year, maybe Nintendo will keep using it but 3rd parties will prety much drop it for it's GAMING features.

If Nintendo wins next gen it will be because Sony and MS completely eff up. Sony's nearly out of here but MS should win if they don't focus on Kinect and continue appealing to the PC gamer.

PREDICTION: If Wii-U has a 10M or 20M seller it will be because of motion control or symmetric local multiplayer. 

We need more predictions from you. Reveal the future for NX!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Holy crap! People thought it was going to reach 15-20 million sold by the end of 2013! It still isn't at 15 million!

Guys! Does anyone have a Wii U sales prediction thread? I neeed to see it!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

hershel_layton said:
Pyro as Bill said:

The guy from MS who said that WiU is little more than a 360 is correct.

Kinect sold more 360s than 3D did for the PS3 or 3DS.

PREDICTION: Kinect will sell more 360s/720s than an extra (controller) screen will for Wii-U.

The extra screen WILL NOT sell the Wii-U.

PREDICTION: Not a single 'assymetric gameplay' game will hit 10M or 20M. 

Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing. A year in and we're already seeing the 3DSXL. Desperation. 2D Mari-U will do no more for WiiU than MK7 did for 3ds. The extra screen will hardly be used after the first year, maybe Nintendo will keep using it but 3rd parties will prety much drop it for it's GAMING features.

If Nintendo wins next gen it will be because Sony and MS completely eff up. Sony's nearly out of here but MS should win if they don't focus on Kinect and continue appealing to the PC gamer.

PREDICTION: If Wii-U has a 10M or 20M seller it will be because of motion control or symmetric local multiplayer. 

We need more predictions from you. Reveal the future for NX!

He also said this: "Sony's nearly out of here but MS should win." Yes, I cherry picked a little bit, but it's not that out of context. MS was not exactly setting the videogame world on fire when this thread was made.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Normchacho said:
Holy crap! People thought it was going to reach 15-20 million sold by the end of 2013! It still isn't at 15 million!

Guys! Does anyone have a Wii U sales prediction thread? I neeed to see it!

i remember putting low 20 millions- then maybe moving it down in another one later to the high teens millions-   in both threads i was either the lowest or one of the lowest predictions and of course i was high on both-  

Around the Network
snowdog said:
The guy from Microsoft is wrong. The U, on paper, is around 3 times more powerful than the 360. In real-world performance terms the eDRAM should push that to 4 times more powerful. You've also got to take into account Nintendo's forward thinking in using a GPGPU, which is huge news in terms of the U getting multiplatform games next gen.

I love this thread! Good find.

Conina said:
snowdog said:
The guy from Microsoft is wrong. The U, on paper, is around 3 times more powerful than the 360. In real-world performance terms the eDRAM should push that to 4 times more powerful. You've also got to take into account Nintendo's forward thinking in using a GPGPU, which is huge news in terms of the U getting multiplatform games next gen.

I love this thread! Good find.

Agreed, Lots of great failed predictions(not the OPs).

Pretty spot on. The only screw up is preding that Sony was done.
wonder how many 'Sony will go bankrupt' threads there are.

If you have a fort will stone walls or castle with a moat, you might want to hang out there for a while because I'm sure the village is gathering with their torches and pitchforks.

Was way off. Of course no asymmetrical Wii U game would hit 20 mill. In fact no motion game would either. There won't be that many Wii U 's sold.

If you read into where hes coming from he was actually being far too optimistic about the Wii U... And a bit negative about the 3ds, which of course was struggling back then.