By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NintendoPie said:
Jumpin said:

Mario Kart DD was a pack-in game; so its sales don't count.

But anyway, Xbox as a platform has limited appeal and it reached that limit this gen due to Sony screwing up; no one outside of the UK or US will want its successor console unless it is for some pricing screw up on the Sony side again. Although I think Wii U is going to trounce Sony and Microsoft more thoroughly next generation than it did this generation if only due to the head start release which they didn't have this generation.

When was MK:DD a pack-in game? And yes, pack-ins count.

Pack-in games don't count, because they're not selling the game, they're shipping it for free with the console; not selling it individually. If pack-ins counted, then you could say that Wii Sports and Wii Play alone sold more than than half the total volume of Gamecube software sales.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
NintendoPie said:
Jumpin said:

Mario Kart DD was a pack-in game; so its sales don't count.

But anyway, Xbox as a platform has limited appeal and it reached that limit this gen due to Sony screwing up; no one outside of the UK or US will want its successor console unless it is for some pricing screw up on the Sony side again. Although I think Wii U is going to trounce Sony and Microsoft more thoroughly next generation than it did this generation if only due to the head start release which they didn't have this generation.

When was MK:DD a pack-in game? And yes, pack-ins count.

Pack-in games don't count, because they're not selling the game, they're shipping it for free with the console; not selling it individually. If pack-ins counted, then you could say that Wii Sports and Wii Play alone sold more than than half the total volume of Gamecube software sales.

Problem was it wasnt a pack in game, at least not intially. I know my friends and I who bought the game bought it individually. The only way your argument holds any kind of merit is if you know HOW much of those MK DD games sold were actually sold by itself, somehow i doubt it. Its not like Wii Sports were they werent even selling the damn thing by itself except for Japan

Nintendo continues to be king of the game on portables making more money for themselves and those developers than people can make on iOS where they have to offer game for free to get on top selling list to make some chump change once they put a nominal price back on the product.

The living room is where as far as I am concerned the battle rages on and there is neither a winner nor a loser.

oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:

So there is no software that supports two Wii pads at all?? What about Tekken?, COD?? Well hell then you are right, but then that raises another set of problems that i wont get into right now

Regarding traditional multiplayer games, as HappyD said, the Pro controllers are available.

Being that Nintendo is not yet pushing the need for a second WiiU gamepad controller - but has still confirmed that it will indeed support two in the future - I believe that they will introduce their star game that is designed around that philosophy by including it with the WiiU-Pad to help justify the possible $99 price.  That way, it will be similar to how Wii Fit was:  Most people saw the $89 price as the cost of the "Wii Fit experience" rather than just the balance board.  Nintendo would be wise to do the same with the stand-alone WiiU pad.

i hope so, but that doesnt really answer what they are going to do in the meantime. I mean, they have to have an option of buying a seperate U pad at launch. Well, they dont have to, but imagine if you bought your WIi and were not able to buy another one for whatever reason.

That is an excellent point that I've questioned as well.  I guess if it breaks, they could have you send it in for repairs or a refurbished one.  However, if it were stolen or something, would you be SOOL and be forced to buy a whole new console?  Perhaps you can just order a new one directly from Nintendo, but that still begs the question of how much it would cost.

its a hell of a conundrum and i cant wait to find out how its resolved, if at all, IMHO i dont think people wanna hear that you have to send in your controller to get fixed and are not able to get another, not in this era

NIntendo are in a picle with this. Because you are right if it breaks ow to you easily get a new controller? But at the same time to avoid confusion for current Wii owners (which is currently still happening with DS vs 3DS), their best option would be not to sell the second controller so when peopel walk in and see the tablet controller they will know they need to buy a WiiU.Also a second controller now might dissapoint people when they take it home and find out they cannto play two player with them.

I am sure staff could stop people buying the controller for their Wii and letting them know it is for WiiU only, but when I went in to get a DS XL screen protector, they got me a DS one and said this will fit. I had to convince him no it would not. But the guy did not want to believe me. I said how can a smaller screen protector protect a bigger screen, he still didn't get it lol.

I fail to understand how a thread from an actual new article that quotes adeveloper's statement about wanting to take content from Nintendo gets closed down, but this is perfectly fine.

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
I fail to understand how a thread from an actual new article that quotes adeveloper's statement about wanting to take content from Nintendo gets closed down, but this is perfectly fine.

do you happen to have a link to that article? wouldn't mind reading it.

Cobretti2 said:
lilbroex said:

do you happen to have a link to that article? wouldn't mind reading it.

It was in the first post of the thread

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:

So there is no software that supports two Wii pads at all?? What about Tekken?, COD?? Well hell then you are right, but then that raises another set of problems that i wont get into right now

Regarding traditional multiplayer games, as HappyD said, the Pro controllers are available.

Being that Nintendo is not yet pushing the need for a second WiiU gamepad controller - but has still confirmed that it will indeed support two in the future - I believe that they will introduce their star game that is designed around that philosophy by including it with the WiiU-Pad to help justify the possible $99 price.  That way, it will be similar to how Wii Fit was:  Most people saw the $89 price as the cost of the "Wii Fit experience" rather than just the balance board.  Nintendo would be wise to do the same with the stand-alone WiiU pad.

i hope so, but that doesnt really answer what they are going to do in the meantime. I mean, they have to have an option of buying a seperate U pad at launch. Well, they dont have to, but imagine if you bought your WIi and were not able to buy another one for whatever reason.

That is an excellent point that I've questioned as well.  I guess if it breaks, they could have you send it in for repairs or a refurbished one.  However, if it were stolen or something, would you be SOOL and be forced to buy a whole new console?  Perhaps you can just order a new one directly from Nintendo, but that still begs the question of how much it would cost.

its a hell of a conundrum and i cant wait to find out how its resolved, if at all, IMHO i dont think people wanna hear that you have to send in your controller to get fixed and are not able to get another, not in this era

NIntendo are in a picle with this. Because you are right if it breaks ow to you easily get a new controller? But at the same time to avoid confusion for current Wii owners (which is currently still happening with DS vs 3DS), their best option would be not to sell the second controller so when peopel walk in and see the tablet controller they will know they need to buy a WiiU.Also a second controller now might dissapoint people when they take it home and find out they cannto play two player with them.

I am sure staff could stop people buying the controller for their Wii and letting them know it is for WiiU only, but when I went in to get a DS XL screen protector, they got me a DS one and said this will fit. I had to convince him no it would not. But the guy did not want to believe me. I said how can a smaller screen protector protect a bigger screen, he still didn't get it lol.

i would love to believe that people arent that stupid, but i know some people are and will make that mistake. I just hope Ninty makes it as clear as possible that the tablet is for a new console

So, does anyone have first week US figures for the WiiU release?

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938

Pyro as Bill said:
MDMAlliance said:
"The guy from MS who said that WiU is little more than a 360 is correct." based on what? What you just said? A lot of what you said is BS to begin with.

It's a HD-Wii and doesn't even have a Kinect-level gimmick to sell it......yet.

It's a 360 that plays Nintendo games. That's it. Don't expect much/anything to come from the extra screen.

You obviously don't have one.  I have one along side my PS3 & 360 and the Wii U is very cool.  We've been playing games on it all day and the second screen is far cooler than I thought it'd be.  As for the Kinext, I sold ours about a onth ago as it just never got used and my Move controllers have been stashed in a drawer for months now.  The Wii U Game Pad is far from the "gimick" that people that don't have one think it is.  Now grow up and stop being such a "fanboy".

Stop hating and start playing.