By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

Man, i really thought i was the only one who didnt like that game. For me it was the absolute horrendous online. There was noexcuse for it to be that bad, especially when Ninty's own Mario Kart series online is pretty decent.

I find Brawl lacked alot of the charm and humor of the entries before it. Still, it had some nice colors, new characters and new moves. But the online was abysmal, even though I have played it a bit lately and with lower expectations it isn't all that bad :P hehe. I enjoyed the game at parties, but nowhere near the enjoyment I had in the 2 entries before it. So no, you're not alone on that one :)

But yeah I'd be okay with buying just one CCPro to play two players for now and upgrade later if needed. CCpros shouldn't be too expensive if the Wii ones are any indicator. I heard the WiiU ones were light so they probs don't have too much internal material, so here's to hoping they'll be 15 to 30$, no more.

we can hope, but i do remember paying that little for my CC, but im pretty sure it was used

Around the Network
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

Man, i really thought i was the only one who didnt like that game. For me it was the absolute horrendous online. There was noexcuse for it to be that bad, especially when Ninty's own Mario Kart series online is pretty decent.

I find Brawl lacked alot of the charm and humor of the entries before it. Still, it had some nice colors, new characters and new moves. But the online was abysmal, even though I have played it a bit lately and with lower expectations it isn't all that bad :P hehe. I enjoyed the game at parties, but nowhere near the enjoyment I had in the 2 entries before it. So no, you're not alone on that one :)

But yeah I'd be okay with buying just one CCPro to play two players for now and upgrade later if needed. CCpros shouldn't be too expensive if the Wii ones are any indicator. I heard the WiiU ones were light so they probs don't have too much internal material, so here's to hoping they'll be 15 to 30$, no more.

we can hope, but i do remember paying that little for my CC, but im pretty sure it was used

You can use the Classic Controllers with the Wii U can't you... or do you not like using them for smash bros either?

Also regarding price compared to the UPro.... the CC (and CCPro) were both just buttons and sticks in a shell housing, they use the Wii remote for power and signal and don't have rumble.

The UPro has at minimum the same features as an X360 controller (not sure if it also has accellerometers) so expect it to be priced as such.

---

I'm not planning on getting a Wii U anytime soon, but this will probably be my set-up:

New stuff - Upad and WR+/nunchuck that came with the system (at least I assume a Wii remote+ & nunchuck will also come with the system... I expect a decent number of games will use that set-up in addition to the Wii library, which would be unplayable without a WR/nunchuck)

Old stuff: 
 - 1 WR+ (gold zelda version)
 - 1 WR with WM+ attachment
 - 1 WR (I actually have 2, but I may as well sell one unless a lot of games allow 4 wii remotes as well as the Upad to play)
 - 2 old nunchucks

I will probably be happy with that tbh as it's relatively rare that I play local multiplayer... My Wii would migrate downstairs and act as a party machine and the last place for GameCube play.

----

I would say if you like to play local MP occassionally, but it's not a big thing you could invest in some CC or CCPro's instead of the UPro's, because you will be able to get 3 of them for less than the price of one UPro, and they should work on any Wii U game that supports the UPro for multiplayer (well, possible sticking point if the UPro has accellerometers, which the CC don't have... but otherwise the advantages of the UPro are icing on the cake rather than game breaking factors. Such as no wires/rumble)

oniyide said:

So there is no software that supports two Wii pads at all?? What about Tekken?, COD?? Well hell then you are right, but then that raises another set of problems that i wont get into right now

Regarding traditional multiplayer games, as HappyD said, the Pro controllers are available.

Being that Nintendo is not yet pushing the need for a second WiiU gamepad controller - but has still confirmed that it will indeed support two in the future - I believe that they will introduce their star game that is designed around that philosophy by including it with the WiiU-Pad to help justify the possible $99 price.  That way, it will be similar to how Wii Fit was:  Most people saw the $89 price as the cost of the "Wii Fit experience" rather than just the balance board.  Nintendo would be wise to do the same with the stand-alone WiiU pad.

TWRoO said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

You can use the Classic Controllers with the Wii U can't you... or do you not like using them for smash bros either?

Also regarding price compared to the UPro.... the CC (and CCPro) were both just buttons and sticks in a shell housing, they use the Wii remote for power and signal and don't have rumble.

The UPro has at minimum the same features as an X360 controller (not sure if it also has accellerometers) so expect it to be priced as such.

---

I'm not planning on getting a Wii U anytime soon, but this will probably be my set-up:

New stuff - Upad and WR+/nunchuck that came with the system (at least I assume a Wii remote+ & nunchuck will also come with the system... I expect a decent number of games will use that set-up in addition to the Wii library, which would be unplayable without a WR/nunchuck)

Old stuff: 
 - 1 WR+ (gold zelda version)
 - 1 WR with WM+ attachment
 - 1 WR (I actually have 2, but I may as well sell one unless a lot of games allow 4 wii remotes as well as the Upad to play)
 - 2 old nunchucks

I will probably be happy with that tbh as it's relatively rare that I play local multiplayer... My Wii would migrate downstairs and act as a party machine and the last place for GameCube play.

----

I would say if you like to play local MP occassionally, but it's not a big thing you could invest in some CC or CCPro's instead of the UPro's, because you will be able to get 3 of them for less than the price of one UPro, and they should work on any Wii U game that supports the UPro for multiplayer (well, possible sticking point if the UPro has accellerometers, which the CC don't have... but otherwise the advantages of the UPro are icing on the cake rather than game breaking factors. Such as no wires/rumble)

actually no, i dont like using the CC for Smash either, even though i will if i have too, much better than wiimote. but GC controller is the definitive way to play that game IMHO, but i never tried CCpro so maybe it will be alright.

Like you i also will not be getting one anytime soon or do i play local MP like i used to, but alot of people still do. Especially in regards to Smash, im just wondering what the effect will have on the perception of only having one u pad per console, it doesnt affect me that much.

archbrix said:
oniyide said:

So there is no software that supports two Wii pads at all?? What about Tekken?, COD?? Well hell then you are right, but then that raises another set of problems that i wont get into right now

Regarding traditional multiplayer games, as HappyD said, the Pro controllers are available.

Being that Nintendo is not yet pushing the need for a second WiiU gamepad controller - but has still confirmed that it will indeed support two in the future - I believe that they will introduce their star game that is designed around that philosophy by including it with the WiiU-Pad to help justify the possible $99 price.  That way, it will be similar to how Wii Fit was:  Most people saw the $89 price as the cost of the "Wii Fit experience" rather than just the balance board.  Nintendo would be wise to do the same with the stand-alone WiiU pad.

i hope so, but that doesnt really answer what they are going to do in the meantime. I mean, they have to have an option of buying a seperate U pad at launch. Well, they dont have to, but imagine if you bought your WIi and were not able to buy another one for whatever reason.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:

i hope so, but that doesnt really answer what they are going to do in the meantime. I mean, they have to have an option of buying a seperate U pad at launch. Well, they dont have to, but imagine if you bought your WIi and were not able to buy another one for whatever reason.

That is an excellent point that I've questioned as well.  I guess if it breaks, they could have you send it in for repairs or a refurbished one.  However, if it were stolen or something, would you be SOOL and be forced to buy a whole new console?  Perhaps you can just order a new one directly from Nintendo, but that still begs the question of how much it would cost.

Tell u the truth, that ninja game where u throw stars using the gameplay looks ace

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938

It seems like all these New Nintendo threads end in an argument between HappyD and Oniyide. LOL!

NintendoPie said:
It seems like all these New Nintendo threads end in an argument between HappyD and Oniyide. LOL!

Yes, and you edited your post :) Caught ya didn't I? Haha

Nevermind, I thought this was another one of your posts in another thread (the 3DS is doomed thread haha)

archbrix said:
oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:

That is an excellent point that I've questioned as well.  I guess if it breaks, they could have you send it in for repairs or a refurbished one.  However, if it were stolen or something, would you be SOOL and be forced to buy a whole new console?  Perhaps you can just order a new one directly from Nintendo, but that still begs the question of how much it would cost.

its a hell of a conundrum and i cant wait to find out how its resolved, if at all, IMHO i dont think people wanna hear that you have to send in your controller to get fixed and are not able to get another, not in this era