By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

More or less. 3DSXL in fact was a success and kinect is not really going to sell like him predicted...
He was also wrong about MS winning, at least until now.

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:
More or less. 3DSXL in fact was a success and kinect is not really going to sell like him predicted...

MS would have won if they'd have ignored Kinect and passed on the savings (like I said). Combined with a massive PR disaster (which was hard to predict) made the coin toss that is PS/MS a cert in Sony's favour.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

The guy from MS who said that WiU is little more than a 360 is correct.

Kinect sold more 360s than 3D did for the PS3 or 3DS.

PREDICTION: Kinect will sell more 360s/720s than an extra (controller) screen will for Wii-U.

The extra screen WILL NOT sell the Wii-U.

PREDICTION: Not a single 'assymetric gameplay' game will hit 10M or 20M. 

Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing. A year in and we're already seeing the 3DSXL. Desperation. 2D Mari-U will do no more for WiiU than MK7 did for 3ds. The extra screen will hardly be used after the first year, maybe Nintendo will keep using it but 3rd parties will prety much drop it for it's GAMING features.

If Nintendo wins next gen it will be because Sony and MS completely eff up. Sony's nearly out of here but MS should win if they don't focus on Kinect and continue appealing to the PC gamer.

PREDICTION: If Wii-U has a 10M or 20M seller it will be because of motion control or symmetric local multiplayer. 

The thought process of your predictions were pretty much "dead on"- GREAT INSIGHT!   -  Even most of your specific predictions turned out to be correct-  My hats off to you - i ll go read your NX prediction a little differently than i wold have otherwise

Pyro as Bill said:
vkaraujo said:

MS would have won if they'd have ignored Kinect and passed on the savings (like I said). Combined with a massive PR disaster (which was hard to predict) made the coin toss that is PS/MS a cert in Sony's favour.

There is no question that this generation was MSFT s generation to lose and they sure enough GAVE it to Sony -  Don Mattrick (Maybe even Balmer was part of it)  wasted some great work/investment from the XBOX division -  

Sony had to have ALOT go there way to win this generation and MSFT gave them the gift of life-  But credit to Sony for taking advantage of MSFT s mistakes in a BIG way-  

Dunban67 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

There is no question that this generation was MSFT s generation to lose and they sure enough GAVE it to Sony -  Don Mattrick (Maybe even Balmer was part of it)  wasted some great work/investment from the XBOX division -  

Sony had to have ALOT go there way to win this generation and MSFT gave them the gift of life-  But credit to Sony for taking advantage of MSFT s mistakes in a BIG way-  

Sony's good at copying Nintendo but not following them completely down the rabbit hole. MS hasn't got the experience. They thought they did a Nintendo and went all in. Nintendo wishes it was Sony that had done it and not MS.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Oh wow, this person was 110% correct. Not just about Nintendo, but also Microsoft.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Cobretti2 said:
bookmarking for later.

Sooooooo guess it's time to come back. 

This thread is hilarious

Wow you were right on the spot. Good prediction.

Hmm....

Proud to be a Californian.

Lol @ those ppl who thought you were crazy