By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Call me crazy, but I bought this for $440 on eBay.

I totally understand Smashed.

You want to be the very best. Like no one ever was.

To catch them all is your real test. To collect them is your cause!

You will travel across the internet. Searching far and wide.

Each Pokemon Card Pack to understand... the power that's inside!

Around the Network

The only value in that box is the fact that it remains unopened. The moment that you break the seal means that you just lost yourself a few hundred bucks. Why not go buy the set for 1/4 of that price, and save that sealed box so it continues to gain value? You just ripped yourself off for no reason. What you're doing is not intelligent. Way to go on literally throwing hundreds of dollars of your earned money away.

that's $81 more dollars,then my rent. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't open it hold on to it for another 20 years or so and make some real money off it.

440 seems a lot.

zero129 said:
fillet said:
Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:
Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

Thank you! I'm actually praying for a holographic Ninetales.

and @UnitSmiley

Thanks :) I hope I get some good cards.. and yes for the record, I did it for the nostalgia and for the personal achievement of having them :)

Achievement?

An achievement requires blood, sweat, tears. Not $440, well it might need that as well. I can't see how you will get anything from this, it won't be "your" collection, you just bought the lot in one go for a high price. You have done nothing except pay money, they represent nothing to you, you didn't even go to buy them physically...

Strange world.

And does it not take blood, sweet and tears to earn money in alot of cases??.  So if he set a task for himself of collecting this box set, if it took work to collect the $440, once he worked for that $440 and earned it to pay for the box set, would that not be classed as an achievement??, since he achieved the task he set?

Also it is "His" collection now as he owns it, so how could it not be his?. It doesnt matter how it was got or who owned it, how would this be any different then him buying the box set in a shop??. if an art collector buys a collection of art and gets it delivered to him, is it then not "His" collection??.

Also, who are you to tell someone what something can't represent to them?. Them cards hold alot of value to him, so to him they could represent any number of things.

Instead of being happy that someone got something they wanted, you come in and try to ruin it for him "Why not donate to charity", "you done nothing to get them" "There not even your collection" .

Is that how you are in real life??, when your talking to your friends?.

Friend: Hey i got tickets to go see that football match that my fav team is playing in, they costed me $200 for me and the wife :D.

You:  Really?, i'd say their gonna lose anyways, you just wasted your money man, you could of donated that to charity or something how stupid can you be?, the team doesnt even represent nothing to you...

Friend: ...Yeah.. OK man... i'll c-ya around...

Took the words right out of my mouth, much thanks brother. :)

As soon as I get them I will let you guys know!

Around the Network
zero129 said:
fillet said:
Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:
Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

Thank you! I'm actually praying for a holographic Ninetales.

and @UnitSmiley

Thanks :) I hope I get some good cards.. and yes for the record, I did it for the nostalgia and for the personal achievement of having them :)

Achievement?

An achievement requires blood, sweat, tears. Not $440, well it might need that as well. I can't see how you will get anything from this, it won't be "your" collection, you just bought the lot in one go for a high price. You have done nothing except pay money, they represent nothing to you, you didn't even go to buy them physically...

Strange world.

And does it not take blood, sweet and tears to earn money in alot of cases??.  So if he set a task for himself of collecting this box set, if it took work to collect the $440, once he worked for that $440 and earned it to pay for the box set, would that not be classed as an achievement??, since he achieved the task he set?

Also it is "His" collection now as he owns it, so how could it not be his?. It doesnt matter how it was got or who owned it, how would this be any different then him buying the box set in a shop??. if an art collector buys a collection of art and gets it delivered to him, is it then not "His" collection??.

Also, who are you to tell someone what something can't represent to them?. Them cards hold alot of value to him, so to him they could represent any number of things.

Instead of being happy that someone got something they wanted, you come in and try to ruin it for him "Why not donate to charity", "you done nothing to get them" "There not even your collection" .

Is that how you are in real life??, when your talking to your friends?.

Friend: Hey i got tickets to go see that football match that my fav team is playing in, they costed me $200 for me and the wife :D.

You:  Really?, i'd say their gonna lose anyways, you just wasted your money man, you could of donated that to charity or something how stupid can you be?, the team doesnt even represent nothing to you...

Friend: ...Yeah.. OK man... i'll c-ya around...

You raise some valid points there, I will give them some thought. I guess there's a critic in me and it goes overboard sometimes. Pleasure is different for everyone as you imply and what's right for me isn't right for all. However my main gripe was with the point of making a thread here about it, but again that could be pulled apart by saying "don't look".

Regardless, I hope it gives you some pleasure Smashed and I'm sure it has considering the discussion.

You must post pictures of every holo you get. =)

Do you have an idea on how long until it arrives, I'm excited for you

Gilgamesh said:

Don't open it hold on to it for another 20 years or so and make some real money off it.

440 seems a lot.

This. Do yourself a massive favour and don't open it.

WhiteDevil said:
Do you have an idea on how long until it arrives, I'm excited for you

Either today or tomorrow, expected delivery the 10th which is tomorrow! So very soon indeed.

(I thought it was today, my mistake).