By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Call me crazy, but I bought this for $440 on eBay.

I still have most of my first 3 gen star (rare) cards. I think I had all the hologram cards except for maybe Charizard. If you're missing one or two holographic cards, let me know I'll sell them to you for whatever you think is reasonable (no point holding onto the cards).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:
Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

Thank you! I'm actually praying for a holographic Ninetales.

and @UnitSmiley

Thanks :) I hope I get some good cards.. and yes for the record, I did it for the nostalgia and for the personal achievement of having them :)

Achievement?

An achievement requires blood, sweat, tears. Not $440, well it might need that as well. I can't see how you will get anything from this, it won't be "your" collection, you just bought the lot in one go for a high price. You have done nothing except pay money, they represent nothing to you, you didn't even go to buy them physically...

Strange world.

Wow dude, was it worth it?

Yay!!!

mysticwolf said:
You're gonna open it!!!!????
That like decreases the value by like 400 dollars.

i agree. unless you are drowning in money, it would be much smarter to not open it. In another decade, who knows how much you could sell that for. But then again, that wasn't your intention for buying it in the first place.

Holy shit. I have that Charizard!!! Worth $100? I'm selling that shit right now!!!!

Around the Network
fillet said:
Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:
Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

and @UnitSmiley

Thanks :) I hope I get some good cards.. and yes for the record, I did it for the nostalgia and for the personal achievement of having them :)

Achievement?

An achievement requires blood, sweat, tears. Not $440, well it might need that as well. I can't see how you will get anything from this, it won't be "your" collection, you just bought the lot in one go for a high price. You have done nothing except pay money, they represent nothing to you, you didn't even go to buy them physically...

Strange world.

i dont think ive ever seen you happy for anybody doing something just for fun, must be depressing.

oh on topic,

thats fucking awsome

I remember back when I played the Pokemon card game. I would win their cards, then rip them in half infront of them. Man, those were the days.

Christhor said:
I remember back when I played the Pokemon card game. I would win their cards, then rip them in half infront of them. Man, those were the days.

Friendly.

WhiteDevil said:
fillet said:
Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:

and @UnitSmiley

Achievement?

Strange world.

i dont think ive ever seen you happy for anybody doing something just for fun, must be depressing.

I would be more happy if someone donated $440 to charity instead of paying over the odds for a 36 pack of Pokemon cards, unopened or otherwise. Then making a thread on Vgchartz about it.

Not sure I follow the "depressing" comment.

Must be an empty life worshipping the ideology of hoarding and self indulgence.