By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Call me crazy, but I bought this for $440 on eBay.

Christhor said:
I remember back when I played the Pokemon card game. I would win their cards, then rip them in half infront of them. Man, those were the days.

Now we're talking...

You should make a thread about that, much more interesting than hearing about someone clicking "buy it now" on ebay on an overpriced item. That happens millions of times a day.

Oh by the way, I bought a packet of tobacco from a shop earlier, and some milk, might make a thread on it.

Around the Network

I want this.

Nuts to those saying keep it it'll go up in value. Opening those badboys would be awesome.

fillet said:
WhiteDevil said:
fillet said:
Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:
Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

Thank you! I'm actually praying for a holographic Ninetales.

and @UnitSmiley

Thanks :) I hope I get some good cards.. and yes for the record, I did it for the nostalgia and for the personal achievement of having them :)

Achievement?

An achievement requires blood, sweat, tears. Not $440, well it might need that as well. I can't see how you will get anything from this, it won't be "your" collection, you just bought the lot in one go for a high price. You have done nothing except pay money, they represent nothing to you, you didn't even go to buy them physically...

Strange world.

i dont think ive ever seen you happy for anybody doing something just for fun, must be depressing.

I would be more happy if someone donated $440 to charity instead of paying over the odds for a 36 pack of Pokemon cards, unopened or otherwise. Then making a thread on Vgchartz about it.

Not sure I follow the "depressing" comment.

Must be an empty life worshipping the ideology of hoarding and self indulgence.

How about you stop bashing me? That's two times in this thread already. Don't you ever tell me how I should spend my money, or why I should spend it on such a thing. This is going to be my collection that I'm rebuying because I no longer have a Pokemon card collection. Third time saying that this thread. So who cares if I bought it online? Point me to the place where I can physically buy cards that aren't made anymore.

I can handle an opinion, but I can't handle bashing. So if you have nothing positive to say, don't post at all.

Oh by the way, you should stop buying Tobacco.. That shit will kill you, bro. What can be more of a waste of money than Tobacco?

Thank you.

fillet said:
I would be more happy if someone donated $440 to charity instead of paying over the odds for a 36 pack of Pokemon cards, unopened or otherwise. Then making a thread on Vgchartz about it.

He can do whatever he wants with his own money. Who are you to criticize how he spends it? What's the difference between you buying a video game console and him buying some pokemon cards? Why didn't you give that money to charity instead of spending it on a gaming PC or console?

Andrespetmonkey said:
fillet said:

He can do whatever he wants with his own money. Who are you to criticize how he spends it? What's the difference between you buying a video game console and him buying some pokemon cards? Why didn't you give that money to charity instead of spending it on a gaming PC or console?

Thanks. :)

And to anyone who is curious, I will be posting the rares that I get in this thread.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Cool. Good on you. That video you posted was hilarious though, lol. He was sooo excited.

I have all the cards he got. I can sell my collection for hundreds if not thousands.

I took them out for the first time in years today after seeing that video. They still smell delicious! :D

Well...? I'm interested in hearing what Rares you got!

NintendoPie said:
Well...? I'm interested in hearing why Rares you got!

This. Hurry up and open them and tell us

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

pezus said:
halil23 said:
Bristow9091 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Doing multi-quotes with no content suckz

Screw the decreased value, open that box up! If you sell on the cards you will be able to make a good chunk of the money you spent back, maybe even a profit if you're lucky. Some cards have become real collectors items.

For the fun alone I would say this is certainly worth doing!