By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Call me crazy, but I bought this for $440 on eBay.

Reminds me of the days I got into Magic: The Gathering, Pokémon, and finally Yu-Gi-Oh. If I had the money, I'd have bought it too.
If I had the money I have now, I'd spend so much buying all the strong rare cards.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Smashed said:
WhiteDevil said:
Do you have an idea on how long until it arrives, I'm excited for you

Either today or tomorrow, expected delivery the 10th which is tomorrow! So very soon indeed.

(I thought it was today, my mistake).

Will you record yourself opening it or?

I don't think so, but I will have a picture of the box the moment it gets to my house, and later i will put pictures with all the rares I get with it. :)

Smashed said:

Came across it on eBay, bought it. It should be at my house by Monday, I'm super excited. This bad boy has been sealed since 1999.

Wish me luck on opening the cards :) me and a few friends are gonna open them together and put them all in a binder for one big collection

(36 packs = 396 cards). I know you guys remember this. First ever booster box.

It depends on your taste.  If you enjoy pokemon a lot, then good for you. ...but I hate it , so for me you are crazy lol XD

That is awesome, even if it is a bit pricey. I sold my whole collection for about $200 a few years back, and now I am regretting it a bit. They are just fun to have and look at; they bring back a lot of good memories as well. Can't wait to see what you got!

Also, I didn't know you could get the complete original collection for so cheap. I may end up buying one of those some day. Much better than spending double the money when you aren't even sure what you will get. :P

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
That is awesome, even if it is a bit pricey. I sold my whole collection for about $200 a few years back, and now I am regretting it a bit. They are just fun to have and look at; they bring back a lot of good memories as well. Can't wait to see what you got!

Also, I didn't know you could get the complete original collection for so cheap. I may end up buying one of those some day. Much better than spending double the money when you aren't even sure what you will get. :P

It's all about the fun to tell you the truth, I was aware I could grab the set somewhere online for cheap, and I'm also aware that if I don't touch this box the value will rise in coming years, but I didn't buy it to resell it one day, you know what I mean?

Around the Network

AWESOME!!!!

You're gonna feel so awesome opening those.

Then a few hours later you'll wonder why you wasted to much money on an hour long nostalgia high. :P

makingmusic476 said:
You're gonna feel so awesome opening those.

Then a few hours later you'll wonder why you wasted to much money on an hour long nostalgia high. :P

My thoughts too. He should keep it sealed for years to come. It'll be worth 10 times the amount he paid for it.

Eh... ehhhhh?! Have you opened them yet?

Smashed said:
supermario128 said:

It's all about the fun to tell you the truth, I was aware I could grab the set somewhere online for cheap, and I'm also aware that if I don't touch this box the value will rise in coming years, but I didn't buy it to resell it one day, you know what I mean?

But one again, the problem with that is that you're not just destroying the value of thirty-six packs, but of an entire box. If you're doing it for the fun, I'd just buy thirty-six individual booster packs and still keep the box intact.

But once again, the problem with that idea is that

SW-5120-1900-6153