By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Call me crazy, but I bought this for $440 on eBay.

thats gonna be a blast to open. i hope for your sake there is a holographic charizard in there

Around the Network

Oh yeah the Charizard of the first generation, it was like the Mewtwo equivalent of the pokémon card game. I actually bought one once for about $30.

You are crazy!!! Seems like you will get some sentimental value out of it.

Cheers than.

thats a lot of money to spend to just enjoy opening box. wants you have opened it.. its $400 down the toilet.

Pretty awesome. I remember how exciting it was opening up the packs back in the day.
Your gonna have so much fun, savor the moment.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
HOLY FUCK!!! That is actually awesome! I remember collecting those, but then I swapped my allegiances and started supporting yu-gi-oh like a god damn 2-dollar whore. Still, it isn't worth $440! What if you don't even get any rare cards...? :O

You filthy whore!

OT: That is really crazy. It is not worth near 440$! Unless the guy on eBay somehow knew it had all the most rare cards in it.

Keep in mind guys.... I have no Pokemon cards left! I lost all of them a long time ago.

This will be my collection forever. I'm going to make sure nothing happens to them ever.

Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

Didn't read the other posts in the thread (for shame I know) but I just wanted to say while that was quite a bit of money you spent, something nostalgic that means a lot to you from your childhood could potentially be worth so much more to you personally. So I have to say, as a Pokemon fan, congratulations and enjoy! Very cool!

darkknightkryta said:
Good job! Though, you could get the set of 150 for less money (I'm actually tempted to buy it). Though I'll take a spare nine-tails if you get two. Mine has a scratch on it.

Thank you! I'm actually praying for a holographic Ninetales.

and @UnitSmiley

Thanks :) I hope I get some good cards.. and yes for the record, I did it for the nostalgia and for the personal achievement of having them :)