By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Mod Application

Carl2291 said:
I know Id get laughed out of your choice list.

Otherwise, Id apply.

You'd be a great addition to the mod team IMO. Just cos you have the 2nd highest moderation history in vgchartz history doesn't mean you wouldn't make a great mod. Plus, you haven't done anything bad in ages.

Around the Network

Never with my mod history.

I guess Rol doesn't stand a chance too then luckily.

Carl2291 said:

Otherwise, Id apply.

Most of your moderations are from the Maxwell/Dunno era, so you shouldn't feel too bad. Few of us escaped unscathed.

man-bear-pig said:
Carl2291 said:

Otherwise, Id apply.

You'd be a great addition to the mod team IMO. Just cos you have the 2nd highest moderation history in vgchartz history doesn't mean you wouldn't make a great mod. Plus, you haven't done anything bad in ages.

... 2nd? Who dare challenge me?

Those were dark times Monty. Dark, dark times.

Carl2291 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Carl2291 said:

Otherwise, Id apply.

... 2nd? Who dare challenge me?

ME!!!!*

*Pending mod clarification.

Around the Network

I'd say 'Reasonable' would be a fitting mod. I may not have always agrees with his posts, but the man never made a post that wasn't reasonable imo. He's one of the two members on this site who truly bases his views of a subject exclusively on the substance of each subject. Unlike most people here who's views are based on whether or not it supports or is against their favored company. Most may not be trolls or fanboys, but when a persons posts are heavily skewed in favor of one company, while against another, it really shows that his bias is a large factor in his posting habits.

Jay520 said:
I'd say 'Reasonable' would be a fitting mod. I may not have always agrees with his posts, but the man never made a post that wasn't reasonable imo. He's one of the two members on this site who truly bases his views of a subject exclusively on the substance of each subject. Unlike most people here who's views are based on whether or not it supports or is against his favored their favored company. Most may not be trolls or fanboys, but when a persons posts are heavily skewed in favor of one company, while against another, it really shows that his bias is a large factor in his posting habits.

He's hardly ever online though. The last thing we need is another infinity2k9...

man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
I'd say 'Reasonable' would be a fitting mod. I may not have always agrees with his posts, but the man never made a post that wasn't reasonable imo. He's one of the two members on this site who truly bases his views of a subject exclusively on the substance of each subject. Unlike most people here who's views are based on whether or not it supports or is against his favored their favored company. Most may not be trolls or fanboys, but when a persons posts are heavily skewed in favor of one compny, while against another, it really shows that his bias is a large factor in his posting habits.

He's hardly ever online though. The last thing we need is another infinity2k9...

From what I've noticed, he logs in frequently, but doesn't always post. He may become more active if he were a mod. Also not sure who infinity2k9 is, nor how you know him yet I don't.

Honestly, Reasonable is the only active member who would do a good job imo. I think VGchartz should have 'weekly mods'. Each week, the community would vote for a mod to join the current mod team. The elected mod member would only last a week and he should have less power than a true mod (can't permaban users, etc). This would allow a dynamic and democratic system of power for the community. Or maybe do 'monthly mods'.

Or if you think that's too much power, make it so that every week, the elected mod would only have a day of power, instead of a week. Yeah, I like that idea. Throughout the week every week, users would vote for one person. And maybe only users with 1000 posts could vote. At the end of the week, the person with the most votes will have a little mod power for one day.

Jay520 said:

From what I've noticed, he logs in frequently, but doesn't always post. He may become more active if he were a mod. Also not sure who infinity2k9 is, nor how you know him yet I don't.

Honestly, Reasonable is the only active member who would do a good job imo. I think VGchartz should have 'weekly mods'. Each week, the community would vote for a mod to join the current mod team. The elected mod member would only last a week and he should have less power than a true mod (can't permaban users, etc). This would allow a dynamic and democratic system of power for the community. Or maybe do 'monthly mods'.

Or if you think that's too much power, make it so that every week, the elected mod would only have a day of power, instead of a week. Yeah, I like that idea. Throughout the week every week, users would vote for one person. And maybe only users with 1000 posts could vote. At the end of the week, the person with the most votes will have a little mod power for one day.

I think mod teams function best as dictatorships, albeit benevolent ones.

Democratically elected moderator teams, in my experience, do not do too well

By "member experience" in the sixth application question do you mean the experience for mods, or for everyone?