By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's talk about countries!

What continent do you live on?

North America 58 30.85%

South America 15 7.98%

Europe 87 46.28%

Africa 3 1.60%

Asia 7 3.72%

Australia 13 6.91%

Antarctica 5 2.66%

Total:188

North America here, well..

Toronto, Canada to be more exact. This place is awesome, this country and this city. I really don't have much to complain about, Canada is a great place, there's a reason why it's ranked 4th in the world for the most peaceful countries in the world for 2012. There's anything you could possibly want here, it's a very nice country to live in and I'm proud to be a Canadian!
For those who have never been here, I recommend you to visit, there's very very very much to see.

Around the Network

Costa Rica here, which is in South America, more specifically Central America, it's a really small but beautiful country :D 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Slimebeast said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm from Spain, I've spent the last 1/3 of my life (7 years) in the UK and just about to move to Japan (just a few weeks!!!). Voted Europe obviously.

I'll keep the likes/dislikes short because I can talk about this for ages.

Spain like: Good food, good weather (not so much where I live though), good life, unless you're affected by...
Spain dislike: Economy is utter shit.

How come? Hasn't all of Spain got Mediterranian subtropical weather?

None of it is subtropical and not all is mediterranean.

Edit: here's the wetaher forecast for my city for the next week: http://www.eltiempo.es/bilbao.html

As you can see it's gonna rain 6 out of 7 days, and we're talking about summer, when it usually rains less.

The north coast has Atlantic weather. Were I live it usually rains several times a week all year round except July and August. This last April it rained all days but 3-4. Two years ago in Autumn it rained every day for over a month without interrumption. We still get hot summers though, up to 35ºC.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:

The north coast has Atlantic weather. Were I live it usually rains several times a week all year round except July and August. This last April it rained all days but 3-4. Two years ago in Autumn it rained every day for over a month without interrumption. We still get hot summers though, up to 35ºC.

That's what we got in Florida for awhile. It happens over Summer and makes it really humid and hot feeling. Bleh!

I was raised in Overland Park (Suburb of Kansas City, KS) and I still live there. But in August I move to college in Des Moines, Iowa.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

this thread is amazing :D, i read most of the comments and i would like to travel to all the countries haha. 

well i am from Venezuela here :), the land of Oil. specifically i live in the capital, Caracas. :)

what i like: well Venezuela is really like a little planet haha, it has so much different enviroments: woods, costs, beaches, islands, mountains, snow, desserts, valleys, plains, etc. i mean, there are a lot of beautiful landscapes. it has so much potencial to be a vanguard country in terms of tourism, but.... well..., the beaches are AWESOME :), oh and most importantly, if you guys ever come here, you need to visit the tepuys (the oldests lands in the whole world, from the precambrian) they are just breathtaking and EPIC.

the food is epic too. if you guys come to Venezuela you need to eat the typical dish: "pabellon criollo" and also "hallacas", "arepas" and "empanadas". and a lot of others dishes of course :D. 

well i can talk millions of things here, but i will leave it like that. hahaha. 

tepuy roraima :D 

tepuy autana :D 

what i dont like: well..... unfortunately there are a lot of political inestability here, the people in the country is polarized... is sad really. but aside from that, the biggest problem is the insecurity.. :S, at least where i live here in Caracas, is just awfull, when you go out from your house you are always afraid that you will get rob or killed :S. is sad... but well, possitive mind! :D

places i would love to see: Dubai, Japan and New york. 

Wow! Those Environments are beautiful!

I would love to see that in real life.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Slimebeast said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm from Spain, I've spent the last 1/3 of my life (7 years) in the UK and just about to move to Japan (just a few weeks!!!). Voted Europe obviously.

Spain like: Good food, good weather (not so much where I live though), good life, unless you're affected by...

Edit: here's the wetaher forecast for my city for the next week: http://www.eltiempo.es/bilbao.html

As you can see it's gonna rain 6 out of 7 days, and we're talking about summer, when it usually rains less.

I totally didn't have a clue. I really thought Spain was always dry and hot like for example Greece (obviously not in the winter). Also, I am surprised that you have different climates in the same country since Spain is pretty much like a dense square in shape. I mean, Sweden is vertically much higher than Spain and logically should cover more climate zones and yeat the full southern half of Sweden has pretty much the same climate (just milder winters in the very south and slightly more rain on the West coast).

I also don't know the definition of sub-tropical but I would have imagined the Mediterranian was sub-tropical since it's not very far from North Africa.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Slimebeast said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

That's shocking. Only around 22 degrees during mid-day? That's the same we have where I live in Sweden (just south of the middle). And our weather SUX.

Slimebeast said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Slimebeast said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

I totally didn't have a clue. I really thought Spain was always dry and hot like for example Greece (obviously not in the winter). Also, I am surprised that you have different climates in the same country since Spain is pretty much like a dense square in shape. I mean, Sweden is vertically much higher than Spain and logically should cover more climate zones and yeat the full southern half of Sweden has pretty much the same climate (just milder winters in the very south and slightly more rain on the West coast).

I also don't know the definition of sub-tropical but I would have imagined the Mediterranian was sub-tropical since it's not very far from North Africa.

The Sub-tropical region does cover most of Spain, but latitude isn't the only factor in determining climate... Central and Southern Spain are relatively well protected from the Atlantic for example, wheras Northern Spain isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub-tropical
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Spain